Complaint: Unable to play for over two weeks

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right area for it but there doesn’t seem to be anywhere else.

I haven’t been able to play WoW on my primary bnet account for over two weeks due to the error: [BLZ51918018 - CAN NOT CONNECT]. The support topic is here: Blz51918018 - Can not connect

After several days of back and forth in tickets and livechats with both US and EU CS, my issue was apparently escalated but is still unresolved, I am also experiencing a second issue where I am not receiving ticket update notifications via email. This does not happen on my alternate bnet account either.

Due to timezone differences, EU CS is closed before I even wake up , so my only method of contact is via tickets. I hope you realise how ridiculous it is, that you expect me to manually check the support page daily, hoping not just for a reply but also an update on the status of my account because you aren’t sending me ticket notifications. Especially considering you can’t give me an estimate on how long this might take to resolve and two weeks have already passed.

At the start of this issue I asked if it was possible to pause my subscription time and was told no. I then asked for a refund for the game time I had just purchased before this error and was given one. Thank you for that.

I asked if it was possible to transfer some of my characters (or even just free up the names so I can start again) to my alternate bnet account so that I could actually play the game while you investigate the issue, however I didn’t receive a reply after three days so I manually closed the ticket.

I then asked the most recent US CS staff the same question via livechat and was told that they weren’t allowed to touch anything pending the investigation and that I would have to just wait. No reason why I seem to be one of the very lucky people to experience this rare error, no estimate on how long the investigation might take, not even an attempt to resolve the email issue so I don’t have to check the ticket manually. Just, please wait patiently.

I hope you can sort out this issue for other people who may be experiencing it (if any), but this isn’t worth the frustration or headache so I’ve closed my ticket.

I guess I’ll have to cough up more money to start over from scratch on a new account or find a new game to play.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello Lheana.

Forums aren’t really the place for complaints like this, we can definitely get how this situation may be frustrating though so as long as this doesn’t derail to something inappropriate we’ll keep the topic open.

I have to inform you however that via Forums we have no way to check details regarding your case, we can only tell this situation is quite unique and confirm that finding a way to fix it can take a bit. Works for it will go on anyway, even if you closed your ticket.

As for what you mentioned regarding notification mails, those are sent automatically every time a ticket is updated. The most common reason for not receiving them is related to spam filters - some email provider have very aggressive one - and one possible solution is to make sure that they are properly setup to allow messages from us.
You can find a short guide on the matter here.