Computer keeps crashing during WoW

Hello,
I recently bought a new gaming computer (Paradigit Gaming Extreme 9600K RTX2070), but it keeps crashing during wow and only when playing wow. I already scanned and repaired the game, reinstalled the game, updated all drivers,… but it doesn’t help. The computer doens’t seem to heat up.
Mostly the first time happens after 1.5hours, but then happens faster.
What can I do ? The computer company doesn’t want to help me since they say it’s a software problem.

Hello there!

I can imagine how annoying this must be. Give us some more information please, and we can look into it for you :slight_smile:

Please create MS Info file, here is how to https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/12988
Copy the results and put those up on pastebin.com

Provide the code from the pastebin link in your next post - the bold portion of this example: https://pastebin.com/ 2Qk28Ed1P)

Additionally, please explain what happens when WoW crashes. Do you get a black screen or maybe a certain error message? Can you restart the game normally or is your PC freezing when the game crashes and you need to reboot it?

You might also want to check the steps from this article if you haven’t done so already.

Hello,
I’m not really sure how pastebin works… can’t seem to save it…
Can I just post the information as an answer on the post ?

The computer completly freezes, no errors, no blue or black screen.
I need to turn it off using the power button. Afterwards, I can just restart both the computer and the game but then, after half an hour or something, the same thing happens.

You can try pasting it straight into a reply as preformatted textusing the </> button, however the files tend to be rather long and may run over the limit allowed in a single post here on the Forums. Odd that you wouldn’t he able to save on PasteBin though, might be worth trying in another browser to see if that helps

Hello,
I tried it again and hope this works. This should be the link (the bold part) : aTspcsXj

Thanks for providing the file :slight_smile:

Can you please run the PC in a selective startup and then play WoW to see if it crashes again or not.

Because this might be caused by overheating. Running unnecessary applications and processes can cause additional strain on the computer, which may increase your system’s running temperature.

It can also eliminate conflicts with other software.

You might want to monitor the temperature while you play. Here is how to:

Hi,
I tried playing with closing all the background programs but after 1.5 hours, the computer froze again…

Hey there! o/

So I had another look through your system files here and it looks like there might be a few other issues that should be adressed. I will list them below to make it a bit easier to read and after you try each step, try running the game to see if it crashes again.

1. Disable the Xbox game bar fully. If you open the start menu, click the cogwheel icon to open the settings menu then click on the gaming category. In here, turn all the sliders to the off position.

2. Disable the Nvidia Share feature. This is an overlay program and has been known to cause random crashes in the past. To disable this, click the icon that looks like 3 dots in a circle in the Nvidia Geforce Experience program.

3. Disable the Microsoft One Drive feature. It’s crashing quite a fair bit on your PC and so could be taking up alot of resources, causing World of Warcraft to crash too. If you do actively use it, just make sure it’s not running in the background while your gaming :slight_smile:

That should get you on the right track with things but of course if you do all that and it’s still not working, do let us know right away.

Hi,
tried playing today after a week of work ; implemented what you suggested and played a few hours without my computer crashing :slight_smile:
Thank you so much for helping me out.

Hi,
today my computer started crashing again …
last week, everything was fine, didn’t change any settings anymore but it started crashing again today…
any ideas please ?

2 Likes