Concerns About alleged Bullion Cap and BiS Gear Acquisition

Dear Community,

I hope this message finds you all well.

Today, I came across some information stating that there is a 10 bullion per character cap, which, if true, would mean that we will only be able to buy 5 items. This caught my attention as I was looking into whether there are any planned buffs to the number of bullions we can acquire.

I’ve been playing as an Outlaw rogue due to its versatility, but with the recent buffs to Assassination, I am keen on rerolling for my guild’s Mythic raids. However, I am concerned about the acquisition of Assassination BiS gear, as many of these items are behind Mythic end bosses or the penultimate bosses. Specifically, I am worried about getting items like the Dagger (Sarkareth), Cloak (Sarkareth), and Ring (Broodkeeper).

If the cap on items or bullions per character is true, it seems like it would take me about 6 more weeks to get the necessary gear, assuming I’m lucky enough to obtain a Myth Track Ashes trinket. Without that luck, it could extend to 8 weeks or 2 months, leaving only a short window of 1 month to enjoy playing as Assassination.

If this information about the 10 bullions cap is correct, I am feeling quite frustrated and unsure about this potential limitation. Is Blizzard suggesting I need to run an alt to play a different spec if I don’t want to feel severely handicapped by not having BiS gear for that spec?

I am sure other people have the same issue. Can anyone clarify what is going on with these caps and if there are any plans to address this issue?

Thank you for your understanding and any information you can provide.

Best regards,
Dev

What would you have done if there just wasnt any bullions? just curious

1 Like

Thank you for your response. While your comment doesn’t provide a direct answer, I understand that you’re suggesting my issue might not be significant and that I should be grateful for having access to bullions at all.

To entertain your hypothetical scenario: if there were no bullions, I wouldn’t have this concern because no one would be able to buy their BiS gear either. This would mean that, relatively speaking, everyone would be in the same situation. As it stands, those who chose to buy Assassination BiS items early on will have an advantage over those of us who want to switch after the buffs. In short, if there were no bullions, I wouldn’t feel bad about my previous purchases.

Best regards,
Dev

1 Like

Do you write scripts for call centres?

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I do not write scripts for call centers, but I’ll keep your suggestion in mind for a career change. Please come back if you have anything of value to add. Have a great day!

1 Like

I havent seen anything about a cap, do you have any link for that info? I did see a comment on wowhead abt a cap of 12 but no one answered to comfirm it. Is the cap what you can earn in total? Or what you can hold in your bags before spending them?

1 Like

This is the only resource i can find speaking about a cap for the season per character.

https://overgear.com/guides/wow/antique-bronze-bullion/

Important to Note: There’s a cap on how much Antique Bronze Bullion you can get — a maximum of 20 per character throughout Season 4. So, plan your purchases wisely!

And this is maybe just because of the assumption the season will only take 20 weeks, so 1 per week.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response! This is where I got it from.

But the assassination players would still have their BiS gear whereas rerollers would have to farm it?
So while I do understand the inconvenience of it, it will always be the case, where a class is strong at the start, and then get a nerf, and if you want to respec you would have to re-farm the BiS gear.

Some forumers just pull random numbers from their behinds, not sure if thats the case here or not though. Time will show.

Expansion is almost over, why stress so much about gearing.

1 Like

Point taken, but at this point, it feels like the fastest way to play Assassination is to just boost a new rogue, get all the bullions from LFR, and buy all the BIS goodies right away?

Maybe… I don’t know how fast you are at lvling and gearing…

The only difference is, now we have an “easier time” getting our BiS, and of course that sucks if the spec we chose all of a sudden turns out to underperform and we need to go back to having to grind the gear, compared to the people that chose a spec that just performs well at all times, as they got to skip the BiS grind :slight_smile: