Congratulations to all paladins

Did you say “needed”? Kindly explain to me what exactly warrants that need? Let me tell you. For some reason blizzard decided to make paladin a swiss army knife class by giving them a tool for every scenario and keeps doing so as we speak, see my original post in this thread. Naturally it’s very hard to squeeze THAT MANY tools into 8 rune slots (rings don’t count). So instead of stopping giving paladins more and more new stuff, blizzard didn’t come up with a better solution than simply give it away for free.

Bottom line. If blizzard didn’t decide to make paladin a swiss army knife, then MAY BE you wouldn’t have all these problems. I mean they could’ve given tremor to priests, horn to warriors, etc. Or even better, stop cannibalizing classes for their abilities and leave faction diversity alone.

Why did noone bring a Paladin Tank to MC?
Why did noone bring a Shaman Tank?
Why did noone bring a Moonkin?

I think you can answer yourself why runes for these clases were “needed”

Once again. I’m not saying hybrids in their vanilla state didn’t require attention. But there’s a difference between “Giving them enough” and “Giving them way too much”. The state of paladins in SoD right now is WAAAAAY beyond the latter and doesn’t seem to stop.

Have Shamans been given too much?

Shamans haven’t been given any new tools if that 's what you’re asking. Well ok, eventually shamanistic rage, but that’s about it. Everything else they’ve been given only strengthens what they COULD ALREADY do.

On the other hand a paladin has been given quite a few absolutely new abilities that enable him to do things he could NOT do. Horsie, kick, ranged aoe slow, tremor, etc etc. To give you a better understanding, it is as if Shamans would be given mortal strike, dispel and bubble. I hope you get the idea.

1 Like

I see, more disingenuous poppycock.
Whining about Paladin getting tools it needs, but justifying Shamans getting them for some cryptic reason.
Play Alliance, perhaps even Paladin, and come back afterwards.

Oh and I almost forgot: Shaman getting BoF was nothing new?

Can you justify why paladin needs tremor? Or horn? Or horsie? Or ranged slow? I can continue this list, but I hope you get the idea. I have no problem that paladins are made better healers, or better tanks or better dps. But this?

Sure, I agree, this thing is also very questionable. If they wanted to improve a shaman’s kiting ability (which shamans already had mind you) then I would rather have them change frost shock to have a chance to freeze or something. Not just copy paste other class/faction stuff.

1 Like

okay so lets note down how lava burst actually works, using a checklist.

Lava Burst:

Is 100% crit Yes/No?
If Flame Shock: Yes.
If NO Flame Shock: No.

Is Instant?
No. 2 seconds cast.
If Powersurge/Maelstrom proc: Yes.

Has Cooldown?
Yes, 8 seconds.
Powersurge proc: resets CD.

Is 20 yards range?
No.
Effectively, Yes, because if you want it to 100% crit, you have to flame shock first.

okay, so taking all these conditions into consideration, can you tell me how holy shock is not superior as it objectively has all the positives without any of the negatives and can also be used to heal beacon target?

puts mic in your face

Horsie is indeed needed as a gap closer, otherwise it’s impossible to meaningfully play Pala in PvP. It might even be needed in PvE for tanks, but that’s debateable - Horn and Ranged slow i totally agree, not needed nor wanted.
Tremor opens up a whole can of worms, fears being the most questionable CC in both PvP and PvE, but for the sake of PvE i can understand that there is a need for it in some Bossfights

I’ve already broken this down a few posts back: Congratulations to all paladins - #193 by Orizza-lone-wolf

But yeah, the ignorance and nerve of these clowns is legendary.

Does 86 agi really converts to 5% crit? Insane. I’m too used to WotLK numbers, for me it still sounds like 1%-ish :sweat_smile:

it is indeed new, and shaman has no CC, thus they needed anti-CC to function in pvp.
decoy totem is that anti-CC.

shaman’s problem from vanilla to wotlk was the fact they were vulnerable to CC and basically did not function in pvp due to having no CC of their own (such as sap, sheep, stuns etc.).

blizzard, cleverly, alleviated this problem in SOD with decoy totem and would you look at that, shaman is suddenly viable in pvp.

btw. you know what we had to give up to receive this totem?
windfury.

shut up and accept the fact that you won that trade deal.

Not sure about crit, I think it depens on class. But it does give ~5% dodge if you’re a tank.

in regards to physical dps, they all receive about 5-6% crit from the totem.
hunters and rogues get more because they got numerous agi multipliers from runes and talents.

Its good that alliance gets a buff to make the PVE scene more equalized, but its just stings a bit for Shamans because totems are way more cumbersome to use then blessings but now give the same reward.
Also Paladins are too strong already in PVP and need to be nerfed not buffed.

As a warrior, I get 1 crit per 20 agility. So that’s 4.3% flat crit.

More when you consider the +20% stats from Zalandalari WB and +10% stats from kings.