Consequences of Overplaying... šŸ’„

Lockdown is a pain, for myself I am trying to restrict playing to those times when I would normally play if I was still at work. Trying is the operative word, I am failing a lot :wink:

Rather than addicted though, I would say a lot of people are playing more than they normally would due to the boredom of being stuck at home. Well that is the case for me anyway :smiley:

1 Like

For a moment I thought you were talking about me :joy:

5 Likes

Giambalin always be gamblinā€™

3 Likes

But the fun never stops with you so this advice is not applicable! :smile:

4 Likes

This is what I tried to do when I was unemployed for a while. The rest of the time Iā€™d try to spend looking for and applying for jobs or doing other productive things (I did a lot of art and creative stuff to learn and develop skills, for example).

For many people at the moment it is difficult to manage time and itā€™s almost always easier to play wow because itā€™s easy and comfortable and youā€™re used it than to do something different, challenging or productive. Seriously, whoā€™d rather clean their kitchen than play wow? Unfortunately playing wow instead of these things can make a situation worse (e.g. you feel worse about the mess you live in, so you hide away from it on Azeroth) so it can be difficult to maintain good mental health. Itā€™s lovely that people have shared in this thread advice for dealing with mental health problems in general, as well as addiction specifically. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ā€œGambling pay only when youā€™re winningā€ :blush:

Can I farm karma from you Retributor? :smiley:

1 Like

he is a sweet man, always willing to spread his karma.

1 Like

I remember when I was playing Tetris, I also often dreamed of playing with it :grimacing:

Instead this donā€™t happen with WoW :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No, not the job, how do you buy a new set-up without a proper job? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, my girlfriend is stuck in her native Sweden for now, so what else can I do but play WoW!

1 Like

RL>VL , always . heads up for trying to raise awareness .
Donā€™t enter the hamsterā€™s wheel :crazy_face:

2 Likes

IK you were being serious but I could not resist. Plus we could all do with a laugh.

EDIT: Iā€™ve got an idea to improve on this, but Iā€™ll need an engineer and two vulpera.

5 Likes

ā€œDad - I just sponsored a homeless person with a sandwich, and I was so busy helping I forgot I was saving up for a new computer :worried:
If you help, just this onceā€¦ I know Iā€™ve said it before, but I will pay you back - and Iā€™ll come and eat dinner with you on sunday - so can you please buy it for me?ā€ :pleading_face:

2 Likes

you know what man, i really dont appreciate the whole ā€œhurr durr karma farming rabble rabbleā€ thing.

theres a thread for every occasion, but this is not one of them.

i can 100% guarantee you got flagged because youā€™re being absolutely bitter in this thread, and not from mass flagging because you areā€¦ you.

2 Likes

You mean to say that a thread thatā€™s meant to be kind, informative and helpful is not the time and place for snarky and cynical trolling?

4 Likes

Abuse the welfare system of a country I suppose. Laryssa had said before heā€™s been unemployed for years so I guess abusing the welfare system is easier than thought.

My own and formal answer to that question is

Yes

World of Warcraft did exactly that for me too. Replaced some bad habits with a not-too bad habbit.

3 Likes

I wonder if there will be something like alcoholics anonymous for gamers.
(or maybe there already is?)

Hi Iā€™m Nagrash, and Iā€™m an addict.

6 Likes