Consider placing your character into difficult circumstances more often

When everyone´s super, no one is.

This quote goes the other way, though and it´s something we don´t point out enough IMO. We want to avoid being Mary Sue, but in the process we may create a character that only has flaws (I read it´s called Anti Sue, no idea if this term is used). We want to give our character some hardships to face, but if we make them go through something horrible all the time, it loses its meaning.

One thing that could be noted is that players may not want to RP some bad things with randoms in Stormwind, especially if they are important to the character. When I make my characters go through hardships, I want to RP it out with people I know and RP with and characters that are close to my character, because it provides far more development than talking about problems or healing injuries from some important skirmish during RP with random dude in Lion´s Rest.

3 Likes

Ok cool but:

1. Don’t assume I have no social life, the tables from that could easily be turned. Pot calling the Kettle black.
  2. I never stated I was socially inept so do not in the slightest state that

I’m not insulting you by literally repeating what you’ve already said back to you

Furthermore, if you wish to invoke a constructive and productive conversation about an issue you wish to raise within a community then it certainly does not favor you to call people “socially inept.” and say they did it themselves, by doing so you only invite low-effort attacks on people and do yourself no favors in the long run.

I’ll leave you with the fact that whilst what you’re saying is true and flaws, virtues and strengths should be a large part of Roleplay character creation you will not get that message across well with insults and verbal abuse towards other players on this realm. I will also echo what Jygulfrik is saying, if you are having such a large problem with this perhaps it’s time to look inward or try a different faction/character. You’re not forced to roleplay with anyone on this realm and if you feel the quality of the roleplay you are receiving is not up to your standards then do not roleplay with that person.

Edit: Perhaps it would also be wise to read out your posts within your head or verbally to see the tone they are creating, they come off as highly passive-aggressive.

2 Likes

You know my name, not my story

1 Like

I can’t do that.

:frowning:

1 Like

I am NOT!!! socially inept :rage::rage:

7 Likes

Just be good at rp like me and u don’t have this problem

6 Likes

I will report this post, effectively now.

2 Likes

Good. This thread needs Jesus.

1 Like

Feel the derail

2 Likes

god damn it

Be fair, man. How can you define what’s good and what is boring?

Every opinion differs, there are a myriad sides. You can say that something is stupid and dumb and boring, and that may be true but it’s, again, your opinion. It may be shared by others, but I promise you there’ll be just as many others who have an opinion that is the opposite, or entirely different from yours.

None of them are the right one, and none of them are the wrong one. I’m sure you understand this.

2 Likes

nice tmog really

ok so in short, good rp is what i say is good rp (like my own rp) and bad rp is also what i say is bad rp (likely yours)

3 Likes

I’m sure I do understand that basic concept Jygulfrik, yeah.

Someone help me out of my easy chair, apparently I need to go back to bed, put my pacifier back in and sup on warm milk because sharing an opinion automatically makes it invalidated because its just your opinion, man.

… This thread’s killing me with laughter, so I’m going to slip out whilst the hilarity’s still fresh.

Again with this attitude. It’s tiresome, and shows you don’t have a counter-argument.

I agreed with some of your points, but that doesn’t mean I won’t criticize your view. And if you don’t like me criticizing it, then it is your issue.

2 Likes

you are a coward and your opinions are all wrong

10 Likes

i lost track of who is allied with who.
is this friendly fire or what

3 Likes

Did you light up some :smoking: :herb: before posting that ?

1 Like

This thread blew up real quick and in such a spectacular way. Even my beloved Habbo Hotel got caught up in the fire somehow.

What a wild ride.

3 Likes

my rp right now

8 Likes