Consider placing your character into difficult circumstances more often

Counter-argument to what, you want me to argue your counter-argument that my opinion’s invalid because people have different opinions? I’d rather chase a greyhound with a stick rather than get dragged down into that rabbit hole.

glorious

2 Likes

Is this a forcekill?

7 Likes

take this to dms, ladies. there clearly is not enough of me for the both of you.

3 Likes

idk if this has been said up above, but most people I know on AD find dramatic/always injured/always conflicted characters and players with it very exhausting, sometimes it’s nice to have simple cooking rp and talk about non heroic non snowflake tales of old

6 Likes

i realised that you alone make the collective server iq dip by 20 just by talking to you in dms

4 Likes

Really easily. Just like I can tell that an apple is tastier than a mouthful of cardboard - signals fire in my brain and inform my body that it’s witnessing lower order RP

I counter your entry-level subjectivism with my solipsist doctrine / belief that only I exist and all reality is just something I made up as a joke

Fundamentally we can only be sure that my mind exists so really every thought I have = objective

edit: to prove my theory, I will now will you to post a reply

14 Likes

I cannot deny this, but I can support this.

An apple is a tangible object that you can taste, it’s like any color. You point at red, I see red. It is an objective statement, we both agree on that, and so we start calling it as such.

Stuff like tastes in movies, media, games or role-play is subjective. There is a difference.

2 Likes

:eyes: :scream:!!!

2 Likes

Oh no, my reality is falling apart as I speak.

Nooooooooooo

[my brain pulsates with great power]

I knew it…

7 Likes

Well I mean

1 Like

Good stuff. Not quite Mion-tier hard hitting but I enjoyed it, what I read of it.

Brigante said a lot of neat’o stuff too that doesn’t always swing with peeps, as of course the realm is an open RP environment.

Consequences and responsibilities in role-play are quite often a result of limitations or enforceable rules set within the narrative structure of the world that give weight to your choices in that world. Without them? You’re your own moderator.

Just turns out a lot people aren’t very good at writing. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I have an acceptable grade in written English, thank you very much.

:neutral_face:

1 Like

But what evidence is there that Newton was really inspired by a falling apple? He left no written account suggesting this, although there were other documents suggesting that he had spoken to others about it when he was an old man.

3 Likes

At the end of the day, people pay £9.99 a month to RP how they wanna, and no amount of forum posting will change that. Some people want to just sit in Stormwind and talk, others want to liberate the entirety of the human race from the tyranny of Anduin Wrynn, but hey that’s just me.

9 Likes

Just to be clear, I agree with you, but I still stand by what I said.

Roleplayers being pseudophilosophical treating their hobby like a STEM subject is just the most amazing thing to watch

Just don’t get too animated, you might hit the sides of the petri dish, boys

9 Likes

I aspire to assist, encourage and help some of these ‘people’ as much as possible.

For my own amusement, naturally. It’s my £9.99 a month, after all.

3 Likes