Consider placing your character into difficult circumstances more often

I’ll have you know that “roleplayer” is a protected title

Crazy theory here, Mion and OP are same person. Let me walk yall through this

OP posts shallow suggestion, the bare bones of which most sensible RPers can agree with (tension in rp is gud) and the rest of which is incredulous to the point of mockery (have someone assign issues to the masses), and in a drastic turn of events the diet coke of guide-writers really likes what they read.

17 Likes

This is getting too meta for me, I’m scared.

1 Like

Alright, I’m going to continue using a small part of my brain to continue procedurally generating your life

BTW I obviously agree that RP taste is subjective though I think there are also some things that are traditionally seen as not very good RP - like I don’t think many people would argue that what goes on in Goldshire is quality RP

11 Likes

Yes, my argument is just on the general side of things, nothing specific.

I will still role-play with my trial alts in Goldshire though, and considering you’re generating my life, by association you’re a ERPer as well.

Checkmate.

4 Likes

Hey. I agree with virtually most of what they said but the difference is, Mion is more akin to variety of ‘second life’ avatar player that he is describing. I haven’t actually made a thread on the subject yet but I have eluded to ‘self insert characters’ in many of my posts, that generally lack self-awareness and take themselves far too seriously for what they are.

The only major flaw in your otherwise well founded theory is that I wouldn’t be caught dead role-playing as a human.

Diet coke is better for you. Trufacts.

3 Likes

This can’t be happening! I’m in charge here!

5 Likes

The only self-inserting thing about your character is your height. Don’t @ me.

2 Likes

But everything is fine in Stormwind.
Do i tell you how my new haircut looks pretty nice on my Draenei ?

Elyza coming in trying to throw shade - this’ coming from the role-player with a guild devoted to herself who only role-plays with futa monster hunters in the Park and makes cynically ostentatious comments whilst actual role-players commit to narratives.

I’ll show myself out.

1 Like

That’s a big yikes from me.

excuse me wtf

9 Likes

… Am I wrong?

Most likely yes

4 Likes

Let’s all wait for the mods to shut this thread down now.

Wrong, but not morally wrong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’ve run more plots the past few months than you have your entire life, kiddo

this’ coming from the role-player who freaks out at randoms during events where they are the only person silently staring and watching while others actually contribute towards the scene

https ://cdn.discordapp (dot) com/attachments/385151353003048971/556653381305892864/unknown.png

Edit: for those wondering, harbour’s one of the lads alts :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Common trend with you by the looks of it

7 Likes

While I appreciate occasional tension and high-stakes situations in RP, it’s also perfectly fine to treat RP as a feel-good, low-pressure activity, as different people do roleplaying for different reasons and with different levels of intensity/conflict, and they’re all perfectly valid. Yes, even the self-insert Second Life tavern hoppers y’all hate so much.

And this approach -

would exactly be forcing people into something they likely don’t enjoy. We certainly don’t need authorities here and should instead enjoy the vast potential of stories and situations we can craft without stepping on the toes of some Overseeing Office Of Good RP.

And let me disagree here too. RP -is- socializing. As much as we love to imagine ourselves to be these completely immersed entities of perfect IC and OOC separation, we always keep in mind there’s people putting words in those characters’ mouths. We communicate OOC with a large percentage of people we regularly RP with. We sometimes get OOC-irked by IC events and maybe even harbor grudges.

It’s impressive if you can achieve this level of immersion, of course, but most can’t, I’d argue.

3 Likes

I mean, when I was at that event, it was pretty much well-agreed upon by the majority of the raid that the AHG member that was present utterly ignored my character despite the fact she’d been told by the raid leader to guard the door. The fella in question was then largely ignored and shooed out of the role-play, :cold_face: