Constant disconnections

I have similar problems as everyone here and nothing helps.
Everything else that uses internet works in my house, every other game works perfectly.
Only big difference in game is that all my characters that are in Dragon Isles get DC 60-90sec after login. all others work around 5-10min.
In dragon isles i cannot heartstone or teleport anywhere. i tried the “stuck character” feature but they just moved me in different location in dragon isles so no luck in that.
this has been happening now for three days.
And as Kimoore said previously!!
PLEASE FIX THIS. Its very obvious it is not players’ or their set-up fault, but rather blizzard servers and databases.

I’ve had the very same issue since last night.

On random intervals, i can no longer type in any chat. When this happens a list of other problems arise, including:

• Can’t see ready check prompts in a raid group
  • Nothing happens when i accept a ress. I can release my spirit just fine.
  • Can’t see anything in the LFG tool
  • Can’t get past loading screens (i get stuck at 100 % and i have to close the game)
  • I get disconnected after 10-20 minutes after this starts happening
  • When i do get disconnected or i log out, my character screen is completely black
1 Like

fact is pretty simple
these things started to occur after DDOS attack probably their short-term solution to protect against DDOS attack causes these issues

More testing:
Works once I left guild, but only for around 20 minutes - got a DC mid dungeon and after that all the issues came back.

Relogging after the dungeon fixed it again.

This bug is actively preventing me from getting 3k rating, I only had few dungeons left but they’re not really doable with random DC’s and communications not working

Similiar experiences as Valopää above. Asking to be removed from my guild made the problem go away, but it came back in 20-30 min, but fixable by a relog. Also had random disconnects especially when queueing to a new dungeon while still in the instance. Disconnects also happened happened randomly in combat, making it difficult to do keys.

Joining the guild again brough the problem back instantly, relogging does not help.

Still disconnects… its somehow connected with telekom hybrid internet, at least for me. And only on Aegwynn Server, Frostwolf works with hybrid tunnel, when I disable hybrid tunnel, Aegwynn works for me.
but disabling hybrid tunnel should not be the solution… because it works on Frostwolf EU.
So it has to be some routing problem with blizzard, whatever ^^

We gotta wait untill itll spread massively only then theyll react
otherwise no option

Another thing i noticed - no macros are saved after logging out and getting blackscreen. and yes, my files are not read-only.
Seems that config is not saved when logging out, which may cause the blackscreen?
This is just incredible.
@Blizzard? been over a week of this…

1 Like

Problem still persists, even after weekly maintenance.
The game is unplayable with those unpredictable disconnects. Its over a week now, who compensates my lost gametime which I payed for?
Its 100% on blizzards site.
Please do something

1 Like

I like how they always ignore it untill it spreads massively among the players and then…yeah they start to solve this problem
Agree its 100% on their side because this is CLEARLY started after DDOS attack they experienced
Cant do normally keys or arena because random DC again and again sometimes every 2 min sometimes every 20-30min

Been having the same exact issue for a week now: random disconnects in 30-45 minute intervals. Other annoying “symptoms” include invisible text bubbles with /say and whispers not appearing, hearthstoning leads into a disconnect, using logout results in a black character select screen and shortly into a disconnect, macros/UI changes/keybind changes reset after every disconnect.

Tried fixing the problem with all the usual deleting interface & WTF folders, scan & repair from battle.net launcher, updating graphics drivers, checking/unchecking network and IPv6 settings, reseting my router multiple times and using factory settings etc. Nothing seems to fix it.

Same problems here, disconnects every 1-10 minutes. Been going on for a few days atleast.

@Blizzard, last time it happened was shadowlands, blizz done some fix to database and it was resolved. PLEASE WAKE UP.

2 Likes

Wow is still unplayable at the moment for me! DC after max 1 min, cant do nothing!
Its been almost a week now, i thought that weekly maintenance would help but no…
BLIZZARD! DO SOMETHING!! nah, nobody cares there…

Problem’s still going on, any high end content is basically unplayble with disconnects consistently every 15 min or so. Black character select screen after logging out, can’t see characters until after I log out and click reconnect. Joining a guild instantly leaves me unable to use chat or group finder as well as disconnects me way faster than when guildless.

I even tried deleting my character and restoring it, did nothing at all.

Any edits on macros or UI also won’t get saved no matter how I exit the game. This is clearly not on my my end at this point.

Same for me here, getting disconnected every 1 to 10 min.
Rebooted the PC last week the problem was solved.

I since moved back to my workplace & now the problem is back again.

I wonder how many here has Telia as ISP which had major outage in Finland atleast on 17.04 which i suspect this all began for myself and it’s only for my cable internet because mobile data seems to work without major issues but has higher ping and not that stable overall.

I also reached out my ISP with this issue and they claim everything is fine on their end.

I’m also from Finland with Telia as my ISP, so that checks out. Problems started on Friday the 21st for me.

Lithuania here, Telia as ISP.
Only workaround i found is using a VPN (not via Baltic states, but rather central/western EU).
After DDoS usually some extra protection layer is put on (possibly only to specific areas in the world). Could this be an issue? Maybe DDoS came from eastern countries therefore blizzard doesnt take those connections straight away and has extra monitoring which causes connection drops resulting in disconnects, not saving characters on logout, black char select screens etc…
Should we as users suffer because of this and buy VPN’s to have normal connections again? No.
Free VPNs are dog, we should be refunded for the time lost, not just because the server quality is poor, but also for the time invested trying to deal with this issue.
Still waiting response from Blizzard on this topic, probably too busy posting on twitter ‘we are working on it’ when in fact staff is quiting and there are not enough people with competence to look into this properly.

I’m also from Finland with Telia as my ISP. I also tested it using VPN as suggested by Kimoore, set to Ireland, and it seemed to fix things. Not sure if the connection is fast or stable enough for high end content however. And like Kimoore said, we shouldn’t have to use VPN:s to be able to play the game.