Constant disconnections

Im not from Finland and have all of these problems, so donge give them a reason to tell us its on our side:)
Its not
clearly started after DDOS attack

Huh. I found a workaround, but haven’t tested it for long yet. In WoW system settings, go to the network tab, and once there, enable IPv6 if your setup and ISP support it, then restart the game (don’t use alt + F4, and don’t force-quit the game). Without restarting, it did nothing in my case. This fixed the black character screen, too. Still doesn’t work perfectly, but chatting and talking to NPCs work even after a few minutes.

I’ll keep you updated if it’s a stable way to play at all.

Edit: Quested for a couple of hours without problems. Make sure to restart the game after making the change, just to make sure the settings have been saved. Don’t use alt + F4.

Edit 2: Someone on Reddit said he had to disable the network optimization checkbox above the IPv6 option in addition to enabling IPv6, which fixed it for him.

Well that a good one
but if ISP not supporting it in my case?
Still got a problems :frowning:

Switching to IPv6 did nothing at all for me, still suffering from this :frowning:

Same, IPv6 didn’t solve anything for me either.

They are too busy with their interviews about patch so looks they wont even fix this in the upcoming future

Telekom hybrid … looks like its working again

Tried USB tethering with DNA as ISP and it does fix the issue with both IPv6 turned on and off, implying the problem is with Telia’s network somewhere. Of course, this results in 1k+ ms latency ingame for me so it’s not exactly a solution.

I’ll try reaching out to Telia again, tried that last week and they just told me there were no problems.

An update on this issue, using a VPN and setting my location to Sweden fixes the problem. It’s a workaround for now but there’s clearly something wrong with Telia connections from eastern European countries.

2 Likes

I’m from Norway, and have the same problem, so it’s not an eastern european thing… The game is completely unplayable.

3 Likes

It’s really starting to get frustrating how there’s been no comment or fix to this yet. How many posts does it take for Blizzard to do something? Telia says everything’s fine so I don’t even know who to talk to about this anymore.

2 Likes

It wont be fixed unless it hurts income
so yeah they are now busy with tales of upcoming contents
Im tired of commenting it all but yeah i still have no workaround at all so trying to time it better

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. My macros are also not saved everytime I get DC or log out.

Yeah, I am from Bulgaria. Maybe it IS a Eastern Europe thing.

Kinda disheartening that there is still not fix or word by blizz on this. I suppose more people are affected but can’t be bothered to post on the forums.

Edit: I can confirm - using a VPN fixes the issues. Blizzard, step up your game

Hi. I’m from Belgium and having the exact same issue.
What is really puzzling is that it is only happening when connecting from my laptop, at home.
The same laptop with a different connection (4g) => no issue
The same connection but a different computer => no issue
@Blizzard, please let us know if there is anything of value we can provide to help resolve this issue. I have the chance of having a way to play anyway, but most people do NOT have that luxury…

It seems blizzard has enabled some additional security protocol which affects certain connections.
@Blizzard how can we help you help us?
Ongoing issue for 2 weeks.

I’m having the same issue too. Have had them for over 2 weeks now. Unplayable.

• Can’t talk to NPCs
  • Can’t invite or chat/whisper in game
  • Can’t use LFG/LFR (nothing happens when pressing the search button) or do rated PvP. LFG, LFR and PvP sections are blank or gray.
  • Edit Mode doesn’t save my settings and my keybinds don’t save
  • I get disconnected when I use my HS or change zones
  • Getting WOW51900319 every 20-30mins or so while questing and same goes for Classic.

I have tried everything that you guys have. Reinstall WoW completely, reinstall AddOns, tried without any addons, deleted cache, and tried scan and repair and all that stuff, nothing works. Tried to open a ticket twice with all the information and screenshots and when I was about to submit the ticket I get the error text: “You can’t submit this ticket.
An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.”

After that I was like, f*ck it. It starts to get very irritating since none of my friends have the problem and I can’t play with them, questing in Classic is basically the only thing I can do but they do not play Classic so it’s getting abit lonely (havent even tried quesinting on retail), and I have to be a clicker since it doesn’t save my keybindings, everytime I get DC’d they are back to what they were before.

This really needs to be fixed. People are paying for the game and nothing happens. I haven’t seen any information about this from Blizzard. And one forum post was like “we don’t see any problems on our end” and closed the post.

I d/c the second I log in on one char. One another I stay online about 10 seconds. I can mount but not fly and when i log back in on the first chr i am exactly where i was th last time.
It isn’t a zone issue, I tried other in different places and on 2 other servers.
I did the delete file thing and disabled all addons and restarted pc… nothing works… bit of a cheek a week after they took a payment for game time.

The only thing that fixed the issue for me, was using a VPN.

A lot of the people from the thread are Finnish and there aren’t that many of us in general… In other words this is probably a localized issue (in select countries).

EDIT I was waiting for almost 3 weeks for the issue to fix itself. Left my guild, tried turning off add-ons, tried a different computer…Nothing worked. So i really recommend getting a free VPN, until the issue is fixed.