Constant disconnections

Based on this thread it seems that at least in Finland both DNA and Telia customers are experiencing this issue so it can’t be related only to one specific ISP. However, I got to thinking and maybe this is somehow related to how the newer wireless/5G connections work technology-wise? It’s my understanding that Finland is a bit ahead of other countries in terms of 5G so it would make sense for these issues to be concentrated in Finland if they are related to some of the newer technologies being used here.

A notable thing might be that at least with DNA you can’t get a fixed IP address for your 5G connection and it seems that for Telia it would cost extra to get. It would make sense for these connection issues to be somehow tied to the dynamic IP addresses because I’ve experienced dramatic changes in WoW disconnections that haven’t seemed to be related to wow/battle.net updates or computer updates in any way. If the issue is related to dynamic IPs then it would also make sense that using a VPN would fix the issue since they can apparently give you a fixed IP address.

I think that in Finland more and more people are constantly upgrading their connections to 5G so I wouldn’t be surprised if the different ISPs would’ve had to expand their available IP address range or if they had changed some aspect of the technology to accommodate for more users. Maybe this issue is tied to something that was changed around the beginning of 2023?

Could you Finns post what type of internet connection you have and if you’re using a fixed IP address or not? I have a 5G connection from DNA which only offers a dynamic IP that changes from time to time. I think I first started experiencing disconnection issues in WoW around the beginning of this year and I’ve had the same connection since the summer of 2021. Outside of WoW everything has been working normally and I haven’t experienced any issues with other services.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.