Constant Game Data is currently being downoaded ingame

What he said.

I edited mine to full download speed and left it overnight, did not see any in game issues after that.

Shadowlands Pre-Patch Data Now Available for Download
Shadowlands Pre-Patch data is now available for download in the Blizzard Battle.net App! If you have already installed Shadowlands PTR or Beta then you won’t have to download all the files again since the client automatically shares the data on disk .

I have played Beta and everything is up to date and still I get that little disc in game :woman_shrugging:

Going to chime in here and hope this gets attention. I have already downloaded everything but am still getting constant the important game data is being downloaded. FPS = 60 and ms = 40/40

Well thank goodness it wasn’t just me. Had that happening all last night. Thought it was because I was running a fresh install and it kept redownloading chunks of the world I had not visited yet.
And I too, have downloaded the prepatch data.
I wonder what it thinks its downloading? I mean,it never says its gotten anything.

its gotten to the point where the circle will go yellow and wow just freezes for a few seconds even when I am in older content areas ! This is ridiculous and making a ticket is so cumbersome… Also worth mentioning no PTR is downloading there and my ms is also not high at all.

3 Likes

also suffering this since this morning, and also as Darkcloudy is experiancing random freezes.

Its not just us.
Folks on the us have had threads about this too

They took logs from them and said ’ we’ll get back to you’ kinda thing but many tried their own fixes.

1 Like

Thanks god it’s not just me. I was going crazy about it

So this is basically already ongoing since 4 days ago and yet no response from blizzard so far… Not a good look imo.

It is cuz blizzard dynamically observes the gameplay of the popular kids and changes their g data accordingly.

I, on the other hand, am k. :slight_smile:

Same for me.
Anyone find any fix for this?

1 Like

Still ongoing for me…

Any news regarding this issue?
Even after the pre patch update still getting that green mark

I did a full reinstall, now that it seem s the mini patches are less frequent.

For me, this finally fixed it.

I still get them so now and then, so I’m not sure if they just happen less or if reinstall did something

There is a reply to this on another thread:

Yes that is exactly what we were discussing :grin:. That the ‘fix’ does not really fix and just lessens the number of times it occurs.

If you have slow internet I really wouldn’t bother with that ‘fix’. My download was fast and although I backed up my addons the only thing I lost was weakauras.

it was more by way of information received that we shouldn’t actually expect a fix at all from Blizzard. Even if they do “fix” what caused the issue, it may well not work retrospectively. So, if you already have it … don’t expect Blizzard to get rid of it for you.

I’m in the process of redownloading, after holding off waiting for a Blizzard fix. But after that message i just decided to go for it. Luckily I’m on a fairly decent speed connection. I’ll see if that sorts it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.