Controversial Discussion: Goldshire's Decadence

Yea, but why would they? People in GS push the game time of playing upwards.

GS as a ERP spot exists since… I do not know how long. Endless years at this point. They very well can apparently.

Yes, that happened before they put the whole “able to report profiles” in game.

Though I just realized it was because of cheaters and botters. Ops.

My powerful Blizzard developer uncle is actually a frequent visitor to Goldshire on a trial account (he hates spending his fortunes), so that might tie in with why it’s still there and hasn’t been wiped off the face of the earth.

Shame really.

6 Likes

Can’t we like, round them all up and ship them to what’s left of the Undercity? Sure the blight may choke them all to death, but from what I’ve heard some of them might like that…

…We could charge a fee! Think of the profit I - I mean, we could make!
What? For the Horde? Yeah, sure whatever. Quick somebody get a treaty going with the Alliance for this!

6 Likes

The best warrior we have against them is unironically the Headless Horseman every hallows end when he turns Goldshire into an inhospitable wasteland for them. Turns out ERP’ers hate the fire he brings as he burns away the sins of the town.

12 Likes

Shall we make the guy haunt the place all year long?

How is this a controversial discussion and not a circle :eggplant: :sweat_drops: where people just state the obvious and make jokes for likes?

5 Likes

I preferred Nelox’s discussion threads.

3 Likes

Wow rude!
Plus it was more like of a question if you look up, meant to learn if Bliz acts and if the fanbase wants to do something about it.

Blizzard are hilariously slow to act on reports of actual sexual predation in their game; the chances of Goldshire being mended are slim at best.

2 Likes

Unless you can get some normie media on your side (or Kotaku) like when the whole predatory situation in Habbo happened or the lootboxes and how they are a “danger” to our children then I think Blizzard won’t care much.

The forums here are a super small part of the community and the majority either does not care or is in on it.

Can’t blame Blizzard though, I wouldn’t do anything either. Dunno how many players visit GS daily but it probably has some numbers to it. And since Blizzard changed the whole “now we value in game played time more than actual subs” they won’t in the future either. Atleast not in a much larger scale.

I’ve been thinking of that a few times myself, how it probably needs some real exposure to make Blizzard uncomfortable enough to have them actually enforce their own rules in this.

Not saying they wouldn’t want to, I can imagine it’s not that high on their priority list tho. Maybe there’s a way to make them pay more attention to it that we could do as a server effort?

Once again a common enemy would unite the horde and alliance! It’s right up their alley :D.

1 Like

a problem I see is the media taking the story and running wild with it, before you know it, all RP is bad because ALL roleplayers are pedos or something silly like that.

1 Like

I am in this thread and I don’t even care what people do. If they ERP or not. Just let them stay at GS so that it’s a spot everyone can avoid.

That too. Especially if one like that Anita (Was her name?) brings to the table something along like “tHiS iS wHy I hAtE vIdEoGaMeS bEcAuSe It ApPeaLs To ThE mAlE fAnTaSy”

2 Likes

I do care as I know of several minors who passed through there while questing and they ended up with unsolicited sexual advances. That shouldn’t happen in a 12+ game. I’m perfectly willing to accept these things can happen anywhere, it’s just reality, and as a parent you have a task to prepare your children for that. But at the same time that to me doesn’t mean I should endorse a ‘quarantaine zone’ where so many innocent questers pass through.

4 Likes

Having done some research into Goldshire, I have found that there is an issue with class trials going there and erping really weird thing, and those class trials end up being OOCers (raiders, PvPers and so on) who 's TRP on their mainis rather ‘memey’. Was not suprised from this conclusion within Goldshire at all.

3 Likes

Goldshire, as mentioned, is acting as a containment zone. Keep it there. We don’t want them pouring out D:<

Is cross-faction ERP on the rise now thanks to the potion that lets you speak across the boundry?

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

I believe it has always been popular in Goldshire, but in cross faction hubs like Booty Bay (going out into stranglethorn) I found that cross faction ERP was a lot more common and a lot more open (emotes etc.)

1 Like

Goldshire is like tumblr - keeps the fukin weirdos from infecting everywhere else. Keep 'em locked away

1 Like

EXCUSE Yoooououuu. Tumblr is great and we all fight there for good fun and good rules. Just one or two creeps pop up like this underage sex rper recently we’re all tryna get rid of.

2 Likes