"corrupted" replacing "titanforging"

I somehow doubt that’s the case!

No but clearly this state of mind can only get you so far after years and years, it’s losing its momentum imo and isn’t as engaging and interesting as before or other games. Because it’s all there is to it, the endgame activities are boring.

Well, games aren’t suppose to appeal to just one type of player. So while you have lost interest in this type of game, others are just getting into it, or still into it.

Oh yes explains the numbers and the current most popular games online which are mostly not related to gear grind :man_shrugging:t2:

Again never said the game has to appeal to one type of player, but I’m not the only one who suggested this. ESO & Guild Wars 2 are also a prime examples on how it could work, though I would argue the dev team messed up in the last few years to provide meaningful content for GW2.

It can work for various types of players, it’s how you do content and which type of rewards you are offering that counts.

WoW dev team is already is taking quite some features from ESO, it’s not out of the blue, they do some things better.

I do understand the frustration, also watched Preacher’s video about gear. I sense this is not a permanent change, but this gear type is related to N’zoth, the idea behind that curruption, I actually quite like it. If this was forever, sure, different thing, but it’s related to the patch only.

It’s thematically strong, but it’s just more layers of RNG.

Now, instead of having random items randomly proc to be better, we have random items randomly proccing to be better in that they randomly proc positive effects but then also randomly proc negative effects - and they even planned for the randomly procced negative effects to be of random severity depending on how the item procced when it dropped in the first place.

I just want an item that I can understand in the context of the world and the lore. I want that item to be interesting and cool, but I want it to be simple, consistent, and understandable. I don’t mind other people working out my BiS list - in fact I downright welcome it.

As Preach also said in his recent video: There is a beauty in simplicity. It’s about time Blizzard rediscovered that.

3 Likes

And when they bring back TF, I will be one of the first to complain again…
I HATE WF/TF, so this new system won’t make me like it…

no it is not… TF has even more RNG, because it rolls for 5 ilvl every roll… so for example base ilvl is 400, then the system rolls for WF and maybe you get that roll and it upgrades to 405 then it rolls again, maybe you get that roll and it upgrades to 410 then it rolls again… and this continues, until you fail the roll or until the max Ilvl of 455 is reached… so you have a total of 11 RNG Rolls on said item…

with corruption, this RNG is gone, the ONLY things you have to worry about is the Corruption tier and the affix, which is a total of 2 RNG Rolls
since the Corruption score will not be RNG

2 Likes

This is simply not true: they’ve already stated that the corruption levels will be static: there is no RNG involving how much corruption you’ll get. It’s based on tiers which is based on how good the bonus you’re getting is. There is relatively little RNG, the only RNG is to get the good bonuses on at least ONE of your pieces, which mind you, shouldn’t be too difficult.

I think a lot of people are jumping in on hating this new system before even seeing or knowing how it exactly works. A lot of youtube creators also jumped the gun and made videos criticizing it before they knew enough about it, which resulted in everyone complaining about it.

1 Like

Wait wait… does that mean bonuses don’t stack? I mean, I only have to get crit dmg bonus on 1 item and there is no reason to get another with that one? If yes, then I’m in. Would like to see confirmation on this although.

Tahra is of the school of the eternal tunnel vision, all who oppose her opinion are biased against casuals and she is the only one capable of objective thought with the exception of people who agree with her
As a someone who lurks more then they post, trust me, youre not her first rodeo and you wont be her last

1 Like

That’s UNDER THE HOOD rolling; not something you are aware of as a player. You just see 1 roll; the ilvl. Not 5 + 5 + 5. So calling that different rolls may be technically correct, but from a player perspective it just doesn’t feel like that.

Whether an item is corrupted or not is also a roll.

And that affix is very very very bad RNG because it’s only (at the moment) a 1 in 11 chance you’ll get the one you want.

Sounds to good to be true. Or? Would love this.

You most def feel this. Getting a 455 bis stats + socket compared to a 445 without socket is a big difference.

Why do you make this comparison? I didn’t mention sockets at all, because they’re something different (do we know what’s happening with sockets in 8.3 yet btw?).

I’m talking about AS A PLAYER getting a 420 item or 430 item, you don’t FEEL like you got 2 more rolls on that 430. No, you just feel like; oh hey I got a better ilvl proc. That is what I’m talking about here. So calling every +5 a roll, while technically correct, just seems silly to me.

And yes; of course the 430 feels BETTER than a 420, but that’s not what I was talking about.

Right now is the same RNG of titanforging, only moved. 1 roll for the bonus type and 1 roll for the corruption tier, same as 1 roll for ilvl and 1 roll for socket.
And by the way, they still have give no indication on additional stat and socket roll for this corrupted items, so potentially another 2 layer of rng.

Calling this “a little rng” is frankly ludicrous.

or, a lot of people including creators recognized that this is worse than TF and are correctly criticizing it.

2 Likes

404 reading skills not found

Corruption tier is STATIC. The higher ilvl of the item, the more corruption (and stronger bonus) you get on that item. No RNG here. Only type of bonus is random. ONE. ROLL. Stop spreading lies.

Yeah sure, not everyone’s a sheep following others opinions. Lots of players complained about Beguiling - I like it more than Reaping.

Either way. Sockets are the big baddie of the drop rng system. If its removed we got a better system.

Disagree.
The corruption system in its very essence is a bad system imo. Add onto that the RNG and it’s even worse.

I’m not saying that sockets don’t break TF, and they’d probably break Corruption too if they’re in there, but the basis of the corruption system is not fun to me in any way. Getting bad crap on your loot is NOT fun.

You can still just cleanse a corrupted item removing the negative and positive effect, so there’s no fear of getting an otherwise good item that then rolls high corruption rendering it useless. I don’t know what else you could mean with “bad crap on your loot”.

Source?

This is from wowhead:

"We recently reported that each positive affix can roll in one of three tiers, which grant increasing positive benefits, but also increase the amount of negative Corruption stat on the Item. However, the amount of negative Corruption on each tier is not static on this tier and can vary, leading to some RNG as to how much Corruption you actually get.

Here are the current values on the PTR:

• Tier 1: 5 - 10 Corruption

• Tier 2 : 12 - 17 Corruption

• Tier 3: 20 - 25 Corruption

We’ll have to see how these change going forward, but they should be static according to @WatcherDev’s tweet."

Only the corruption linked to a tier will be static but there is a roll to determine which bonus tier you’ll get.

The moment they announced this “new” system I didn’t feel angry. I didn’t feel anything really, it was just “eh”. There is one thing that I really do find quite impressive.

Their creativity when it comes to screwing people over is incredible, while their creativity when creating new content is not. It should be the other way around and then we won’t have to be FORCED to grind all the time, but will actually do content because its fun, because we want to.
Playing WoW feels more and more like doing chores than actually enjoying the game.

Never thought I will say this either but I actually prefer Titanforging to Corruption.

I just hope that they don’t keep this or anything similar to this system for 9.0. It’s just a no-win system and it is even more RNG than Titanforging.

I am not holding my breath though.