"corrupted" replacing "titanforging"

How can you only read half a sentence and then decide to quote and respond to only that half of a sentence?? Makes no sense…

There will be an essence that interacts with the corruption and most likely a sort of a currency that will allow you to reduce the corruption you have or increase the corruption you can handle. This IS going live, you can be sure of it. It will prolly get some tweaks but it is going live.

They did give proper reasons. You just don’t understand them. Please stop calling others trolls if they disagree with you.

1 Like

I just wished I could turn forging off completely for my loot. Asking for it since legion…

You can remove corruption and turn it into a normal item if you wish. That’s quite a nice feature imo

Then I am fully supporting this! :slight_smile: Finally no forging items for me.

Well it seems it’s not a replacement

EU topic for feedback

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/corrupted-items-details-and-feedback/97588

Yes, and I will most likely just do that to all items and opt out of the system that way. The problem is I also like to play healers and almost all the negative effects punish the healers more than the dps. They should have made the negative effects actually punish the dps, randomly spawn an area under your feet and if you stand in it your damage gets reduced 25%. Not make them take more damage and get less healing and spawn extra enemies and all that. Dps won’t care about that, they only look at their damage meters and the tank and healer will have to deal with it.
No, in fact why even have negative effects at all? This is some really backwards game design they are using here with this system. And it all seems to be made to funnel us into the new grinds. It’s no coincidence that only the new cloak and the new essences have corruption resistance and that you need to do the new dailies, events, reputations etc. to get them. No longer will anyone just pass on a new grind because they don’t like it. You will now actively get punished if you don’t go and play the content blizzard wants you to play.
If they just wanted us to be excited about loot, just add some new powerful items with unique effects and a very low drop chance. Make them rare like the mounts you can get from some dungeons. That gets people excited. I won’t be excited if I loot an item that will kill me if it’s equipped.

1 Like

So if I reach max corruption level will I be given title like:
Herald of Putin or smth? :thinking:

4 Likes

“the mortal enemy of any healer in WoW”

4 Likes

I agree that this is bad. However, not all negatives are dmg related, though I agree that a pure damage reduction would make a lot more sense for DPS specifically.

Please don’t forget that there are ways to reduce corruption. One source seemingly being the new legendary cloak, and another possibly the new azerite essences. This means you can use the corrupted items without being corrupted.

wait this is confusing.

“Items from older content will retain an effective “ceiling” of item level 455, as they do today.”

new normal raids are 430 or 445 ?

because if they are 430 it means it will be more beneficial for people to farm hc azhara raid for TF gear then new normal if gear cannot tf and untill you will farm up enough currency to reduce corruption …

or new raid is normal 445 , hc 460 and mythic 475 ?

at least 1 thing is now clear - new invasions are mandatory content because cloak reduces corruption - gg blizz :slight_smile:

the part about items being unusable is a lie though - if someone will get corrupted piece will good / bis corrupted bonuses he will never cleanse it - rather will keep it in bags for weeks.

The area of the corrupted zone is nuts for higher corruptions. Why they think this is going to be ok in any type of content is beyond me. I dont know if these effect others or not but even so getting one of these in waycrest manor for instance is going to be horrid

2 Likes

i just realised 1 more thing - mythic + is now dead besides weekly 10 - no point doing it if it doesnt provide tf gear .

unless corruption works like tf and you theroetically can roll max level bonus from lowest level of gear.

1 Like

Look at all you people preemptively whining before even having tried it or read about it (properly).

2 Likes

hahahaha good one

Just gonna let this shi… show pass over and wait for shadow lands lol. Doesn’t sound fun in the slightest.

Sick to death of the same 10 dungeons, blizz couldn’t be arsed adding any new ones in this expansion. Sick of the aweful transmogs, again which blizz couldn’t be bothered to put effort in.

£10 a month and we get this garbage, and a bee mount lol.

Arent all hunters/blood dks/vengeance dhs that already?

That’s the funniest thing because they basically made people that liked tf/wf unhappy while still nor making the people that didn’t like it happy, honestly it has to be done on purpose cmon, they’re almost a meme a this point.

2 Likes

This is terrible and i warned them since legion to stop adding more Rng , ppl don’t like it and yet they still pushing it .

Wow is transforming to diablo with this ,hoping to roll good stats on items .

Very terrible concept for a mmorpg , in ARPG has it’s roll but in wow this is just braindead farming , more burnout for casual players .

I am actually pretty happy. I can purge now every item. No rng for me :slight_smile: