Corruption is love, Corruption is life!

Alright, gather round you ol corrupted folks.

The lucky that got the best corruptions and the unlucky that got none.

For in this thread we celebrate one of the most fun gearing systems ever implemented in the game.

Bask in N’zoth’s glory ye lucky chosen and hope for his blessing you unlucky uncorrupted devotes.

So, tell me how has been the patch going for you?

I’ve started with minus corruption, and it took me a long time stay just at that until I got 18% mastery multipliers! alongside 9% versa and 3x heart of darkness, making my gameplay feel so fast and cool.

I’m loving the added dangers of having this much corruption, and avoiding that annoying eye or popping some cooldowns to avoid it adds flavor to the fights.

So far I’ve been unlucky with corruptions, but I’m still having fun with it, I kinda hoped for an echoeing void / beam but alas, fortune doesn’t favor me.

I’m expecting infinite stars / echoing / beam to get nerfed but I do hope the nerf bat doesn’t swing too hard.

So tell me what about you guys? neglecting the stupid amount of bugs ofc because we already get so many threads about them anyway.

12 Likes

Corruption is even worse than titanforging.

Titanforging maybe gave you I dunno… 1-3k dps more, while certain corruption effects, like Infinite Stars, can boost it with like 7-10k. It’s stupid and even more RNG-y.

62 Likes

I have received a grand total of 0 corruptions thus far and its really really annoying me as im really starting to lag behind dps wise with similar geared friends. I know people who have 4/5 pieces with amazing effects (one friend has twilight devastation AND infinite stars)

5 Likes

One of my guildies was checking out a new weapon she’d got with 75 corruption on it when we took a break during the raid. She forgot that she’d equipped this weapon when we started back after the break, and thus was currently equipped with nearly 100 corruption. She died alone in the corner while we all laughed. So I guess you could say I’m enjoying corruption!

I’ve received a few corrupted pieces (including the BoE weapon that I gave to my guildie mentioned above) but most haven’t been upgrades. I have very little interest in equipping anything that makes me purple and slow, so Blizz is of course giving me lots of corrupted gear.

2 Likes

I LOVE healing people with 8750 corruption in random heroics who seemingly think they can just stand in their own mess and get away with it.

19 Likes

I got a 430 piece with 2,5% echoing void out of a horrific vision first week it was available.

It’s probably going to be my best piece for the next 8 months. Thanks Obama.

Overall, I get a whole lot of corrupted items, far more than I could possibly ever use. I keep them in my bag until I feel I can safely use them. The slow is bearable, but the eye zone is a bit annoying. Definitely gonna try to stay below 20.

2 Likes

This. While it’s an interesting system, it’s heavily tainted by the lack of balance between the corruptions. In M+, it emphasizes the imbalances between melee and ranged even more strongly. But now you get a melee with Echoing Void and that person will out-dps any ranged (even with Infinite Stars), and any other melee without that particular corruption.

WF/ZF wasn’t great, but you weren’t completely screwed if you didn’t get the highest procs. But now the difference between the handful of best corruptions and all other corruptions is massive. This is an even bigger slot machine before. Exhilarating if you win big, but very frustrating if you don’t get the corruption that somehow makes you a great player on the meters.

13 Likes

i want titanforging back. I was wrong.

15 Likes

Playing 2 chars, no corrupted item at all yet, but grats on the players who got some cool stuff :muscle: :tada:

1 Like

It’s not only that, the corruption is so beyond broken it outdamages anything that the class can even do. And let me repeat that. The items, deal a majority over the damage, over the class abilities, like… what ?

7 Likes

I wouldn’t. If someone in an M+ run has more than 20 corruption, I’ll say something. I think up to 40 is fine if it’s someone you know and it makes good sense for them to have that (melee with Echoing Void on a high item-level piece), but not a random. Anything above 40 is not okay in a M+ (can see it work in a raid).

You can also expect that people currently have 27 resistance from the cloak and at least 10 from an essence (Breath of Dying at rank 1 is okay; not the best yet, but serviceable) in end game content. If they have less and still think they need to have 40+ corruption after resistances, it shouldn’t be the healer’s problem.

As a VOID elf i just looooove getting myself even more purple and tentacly. Sadly, our lord N’zoth’s blessing have eluded me.

:octopus: :octopus: :octopus:

I think Corruption is far better than Titanforge still. It adds more gameplay elements to the game and though it is very unbalanced right now it at least gives an incentive to stay at high corruption. If the effects were minor we would just be cleansing them all.

2 Likes

I have yet to get a single piece of corruption and to be honest i have no idea how to get it, i know it drops from the chests you get biweekly at the nzoth event zones but apart from that? Is it just Nyalotha?

You can get them from everything though I think the horrific visions has a greater chance. Even WQ gear can get corrupted. I’ve seen a famed slayer of Azshara with a 415 blue item on because it had infinite stars.

The world first Mythic race is gonna be so wacky with all the infinite stars and echoing void stackers.

2 Likes

There should be a different ending cinematic for the mythic kill where the player absorbs N’zoth and becomes ultra corrupted in their thirst for power ups

3 Likes

I agree with this, corruption is a fun system, but some corruption effects are too OP and heavily skew things, I just hope blizzard doesn’t swing the nerf hammer too hard.

I disagree with this, RNG is part of rpgs, the frequency of corrupted items is high, and were only in the first week and people have gotten lots of them, give it a few weeks and things will stabilize and become more fun.

Taking RNG out of loot is crazy imo.

I’m rolling with 45 corruption, haven’t heard any complaints yet, the only complaint is that the corruption effect sometimes ninja pulls mobs, otherwise healing me isn’t a problem at all, so I guess it’s skill-based as it should be, skilled players are rewarded for taking the risk and nullifying it, as a fury warrior I keep my fear for grand delusions, on my rogue I use my back to get out of nasty situations, feint if I got to soak some eye hits, going for the extra risk to get the benefits so far has been really fun and adds a cool mix to my fights.

Kinda hoping they nerf them to be inline before that, a corruption effect on a single item shouldn’t be over 30% dps boost, 10-15% is fine / okayish imo.

Secretly hoping there is a mythic - only phase that interacts with people who has the eye of N’zoth on.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that those who dislike titanforged were wrong, it was a flawed system as well because Blizzard refused to put a cap on it. Corruption just happened to be an even worse system which is not really surprising anymore, its BfA afterall.

While i do appreciate new things, i would appreciate it more if they would think about it at least a few minutes before implementing it. I refuse to believe that they actually thought about it and still released it in a state that would be bad even for an alpha testing phase.

3 Likes