Cost of game so far is frightning

I have been playing wow now for over 12 years, and in general have enjoyed it, I’ve had my ups and downs with the game as we all have, but I was going through my account history and how much I have spent since joining this game and with my monthly subs, character moves to other servers, mount and pet purchases, and faction changes etc etc, I have spent over £1500 on this game which is a fair old whack of money, has anyone else worked out what they have spent???

That’s £125 per year. I can spend that in a pub in a week.

18 Likes

Spread over 12 years it’s relatively little.
If you think you’ve got a product/had an experience you’ve enjoyed.
For me it has been an expenditure I’m happy with for the most part. But I super object to the cash shop so I don’t tend to spend more than the sub.

2 Likes

Considering how much I have spent on other stuff over the years, it isn’t that much.

Buy a couple of take-away meals a month and that’s about the same.

Sub price is not high, i bet blizzard is regretting putting it that low, now they added shop for mounts, services to make it up.

Yeah it’s not much to pay for the hobby. Amount you pay per month is ridiculously little compared to what other leisure time activities costs.

I do have to add though. I had extremely good financial year and because of that, i desided to use 8% less money to ActivisionBlizzard products and use it on other gaming companies products and for some beer, just to celebrate the good year and to invest on the future.

4 Likes

A month of subs is like seeing 2 movies. In terms of hrs on entertaiment/cash, wow is pretty cheap.

Still, it’s a lot a year for a game when there are lots of entertaining game that are cheaper or subscription like game pass.

2 Likes

My monthly cigarettes cost almost the same like 1 year sub :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Agree on this too. While it is cheap it still is one of the most expensives ones and while i have always thought it has been worth it (even now), lately i have been thinking i get less for my money what i used to get.

That’s near enough the price of two AAA games that are lucky to last you 12 days.

3 Likes

I only pay for the newest expansions and sub. Buying boosts are encouraging to Blizzard or any company to try make you keep buying those more and more which will translates into their work. When companies are not trying to make profit they are saving it. And eventually you become Valve. Just try not depend on these services too much and you are a hero in my books

Edit. Not a hate post :slight_smile:

Not when you factor it over 12 years it isn’t. I’ve spent more on toilet paper in 12 years than I have on WoW.

I’m not going to add up every pet, mount, server transfer, faction change, name change, race change, subscription, self RAF, expansion etc I’ve had. Nope, nope, nope!!!

2 Likes

1500 isnt much, but I think the point is we are still paying sub …

For the unlimited entertainment we get, I think Warcraft is not highly priced.

1 Like

By unlimited you mean time gated? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It may be time gated for some specific content, but I can log in everyday and find something to do like chase an achievement, solo older content, gather herbs for my next raid.

My biggest reason for logging everyday day: M+

whatever the pay is for expansions and monthly. Ive used gold to pay for monthly for the last few months but im running out of gold so probably have to go back to paying real money for it. I have never paid for anything else but expansion and monthly.

I am more interested on how many in total around the globe that has spent that same amount :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah the numbers would be insane.

Take solace in knowing, I’ve spent upwards of £500 a year to stream American sports and tv shows and I have an external hard drive for my xbox with loads of games that I’ve bought and haven’t played, each costing between £30-£60.

Been subscribed to wow for 10 years, add that all up, don’t even want to know how much they all costed me over time.