Court of Taur'thelian (Highborne RP)

After the burning of eldre’thalas and the death of the mad prince in the year 25 ADP , the people that Taur’thelian Wither-Song had gathered took it upon themselves to restore what they could of the inner halls and now face the never ending cylce of cleanse and corruption in the rest of the city, they now seek more of the kaldorei to help aid them with this eternal vigil.

Who are they?

The “Court of Taur’thelian” is the name given to a sect of highborne who managed to survive the great sundering of Eldre’thalas and still chose to remain in its halls , to safeguard their ancient home.

In truth they are mostly known for the actions of the late lord of the city and as such carry a heavy burden, most noticeable when trying to restore the inner halls.

The court was formed after Taur’thelian Wither-Song decided to defect from his prince to safeguard his people from what he was trying to accomplish.

As the Prince, Taur’thelian’s main goal is to unite those who might remain of his kin and safeguard there future so that they may live out their ways in peace within their city.

Who can join ?
OOC: Night Elves
IC: As the last of the remaining highborne of feralas who stuck to the old traditions, they would only take into there house fellow members off there kin. They would be sure to avoid the corrupted ones.

What do they do ?
OOC: Rebuilding the city piece by piece, protecting feralas from invaders/ pillagers, advancing magical research, Cross guild RP Events etc.

IC: The Highborne of the once proud city seek to protect their home and advance there society once more , in hopes of securing a better future, this causes most of there efforts to be directed towards protecting feralas from horde invaders, keeping Eldre’thalas clear of people who would seek to take from them and the rebuilding of the court , as their people have lost many due to the mad prince.

Some of them also seek to the researching of the arcane in hopes of finding an answer there.

What Ranks are there ? How do they work ?

Zin’drassil: This is the name given to the person who leads the Council of Stars, in this station it is there responsibility to oversee the rest of their court and guide them in there efforts.

Most who hold this station tend to be people of great knowledge and / or magical prowess. Such is needed to hold the station from those who would challenge them.

Anyone in this station hold absolute power in authority in terms of the other members of the Council of Stars.

The Council of Stars (Zin’kalar): This is the name given to the members of the Court of the Highborne, the Zin’drassil leads the court and the respective branch leaders each hold a seat within it. They are the following …

Isil’nir: The role of Isil’nir is one of someone who is the leader of the Zin’lunei, they would hold almost identical duties compared to the other council members but they would have to answer to there Zin’drassil as the higher power.

As a member of the council of stars it is there duty to Oversee the Zin’lunei of Eldre’thalas, and all the duties being the leader of a branch would entail.

As the highest mage authority it is also there responsibility to oversee the arcane research.

Alar’astre: The role of Alar’astre is one who leads the Eldrei of Eldre’thalas and is also a member of the Council of Stars.

There duties would also follow a similar fashion to the Isil’nir but would focus more so on the nature side of magic and research. There focus being on maintaining the Natural parts of Eldre’thalas and her Delar.

Shanil’sera: The role of Shanil’sera is the name of the position given to the person who leads the Analar , and is also a member of the Council of Stars.

This role however has nothing to do with the researching of magic or the rebuilding of the city, The Shanil’sera is actually the name given to the leader of the city’s military wing.

As Shanil’sera they would effectively serve as commander of the armed forces of Eldre’thalas, overseeing any outings or military actions.

Elun’dris: This role is the name given to the person who leads the religious part of Eldre’thalas and leader of the Felorei , also being a member of the Council of Stars.

As the leader of the priesthood of elune within the great city , it is their responsibility to oversee the religion of the great city , and they are in charge of any if not all ceremonys that are carried out.

They would rarely seek violence as this sect of the highborne favour peace and love , the opposite to the militant Wardens.

The Sects of Eldre’thalas: Outside of the Main Five figures of authority that make up the council of stars , the people of Eldre’thalas are broken down into Four Main Sects, these would be as follows.

Zin’lunei: The Zin’lunei are the people who make up the magically gifted people of Eldre’thalas , they focus on Arcane pratices , often assisting the Isil’nir on the Duties presented to them by the council.

Within the Zin’lunei , their ranks are - Thero’arcan - Aran’arcana - Arcanas - Alor’arcan - Alar’arcan - Isil’nir

Analar: The Analar Are the people who make up the Military of Eldre’thalas , they focus on everything voilence related and often follow the commands of the Shanil’sera.

Within the Warden’s , their ranks are - Ethallas - Narhenas - Meloras - Mush’a - Nar’mush’a - Shanil’sera

Felorei: The Felorei are the people who make up the religious section of Eldre’thalas, they focus on everything goddess and worship related , they also closely follow the chosen of elune, and their wishes.

Within the priest’s , their ranks are - Thero’elun - Elare’elun - Elah’adala - Alarei’alan - Zin’adala - Elun’dris

Eldrei: The Eldrei are the people who make up the preserver’s and protectors of the city , they are mainly focused on maintaining the great gardens of Eldre’thalas and tending to the many research projects.

Within the Keeper’s , their ranks are - Thero’sylva - Shan’do - Dor’i - Del’dor - Anah’anath - Alar’astre

What is there uniform ? Is there Guidelines?

OOC: Bright Colours , addorened with finery , nothing savage or dark in appearance.

IC: The highborne would have more of a refined taste some would say, they would mostly wear lighter fabrics adorned with accents and would tend to stay away from the more savage appearances.

How do you join?
To join the Court of Taur’thelian it is best to either seek out one of the members of the Zin’kalar, or you can send a letter of application to one of them so that they can respond.

(Or on discord @Syranix0975)

8 Likes

we love you really ooc :smiley:

1 Like

I had some encounters with this guild, seem like a nice group of people and a cool new guild. As a Shen’dralar RPer myself I like this a lot! Keep it up and hope all will go well for you!

2 Likes

Hi there!

I do have a question regarding the guild concept and what little bit of RP I saw. This is pure curiosity, no ill intent or anything of the sort aimed at you or fellow guildies!

What lore reason does your character have for being a Prince and having his own court, instead of a let’s say, just being a Lord? Seeing as most Highborne are usually simply a Lord or a Lady, due to being the nobility of Kaldorei society, though not so much now that they’ve merged with Kaldorei the titles are more or less worthless if I understand correctly. Wasn’t there only Prince Farondis in Azsuna and then Prince Tortheldrin who was the founder of the Shen’dralar, but If I am correct I think he’s dead? I’m just curious, as I personally think It’s a pretty big deal to roleplay a Prince, especially of the Shen’dralar as it may possibly change other players backstory with the Shen’dralar as you are seemingly playing quite a big lore character, maybe?

6 Likes

Heya , so the reason he calls himself a prince rather then a standard lord is because he chose to remain independent from the general decision to merge and forget the old ways , he uses the title of prince as a testament to this,
He formed his court when the rest chose to follow mordant, so in short , the title means nothing to those outside his court. Hope this helps ^^

2 Likes

Thank you for getting back to me because this is really interesting.

I can see why a Highborne might wish to remain independent and not merge with the Kaldorei society, and desperately cling onto the old ways so that they don’t forget. But what gives him the leeway to then dub himself a Prince, a self-given title with a lot of weight, which in real life that’d be against the law, and I can see many disagreeing with that. I can understand him retaining the Lord title, but I don’t see why a Highborne would dub himself a Prince simply beause he doesn’t wish to forget the old ways, and then be in Stormwind if he doesn’t wish to merge with the Kaldorei or Alliance?

What are your thoughts regarding this?
Cheers!

My thoughts are that it is more a title of station rather then of royalty , as he rules his court , in regards to the rest of the kaldorei and the alliance they consider themselves to be close friends of the alliance and still wish to be apart of society, most the kaldorei hate the way they live life with the arcane and so it makes it difficult.

1 Like

The kaldorei don’t really acknowledge noble titles nor are those titles of any relevance any longer. I’d just consider it a self-given title people can acknowledge or not (IC). It doesn’t have actual power behind it, so I think it’s fine, personally.

I consider it a little like claiming a specific hill and crowning yourself king of it. Okay, you can do that but does it really matter if there is no actual power structure and institution behind it, giving it legitimacy? I don’t think so.

1 Like

Oh, I’m not having a go, I was just curious! I think it’s nice to challenge these things from time to time, I wanted to know more of the reasoning and found it interesting, that’s all. I did state above that the Kaldorei society don’t use titles such as those and they have no meaning, so I know about that. I just thought ‘Prince’ was quite a weighty title to be throwing around, especially of Shen’dralar as that’s a specific order that many Highborne are apart of.

At the end of the day, whatever makes you happy and helps you to enjoy roleplay without being OP, then that’s cool with me.

4 Likes

I feel like I should point out that “The House of Shen’dralar” is a ingame title/guildtag used by the Shen’dralar Lorekeepers!

Might bring some problems in the future + might be something to keep in mind before claiming your character started the House :wink:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lorekeeper_Javon

Also whats your view on the lore from the Traveler Books that saw Dire Maul being abondened by the Ogre’s? And Archmage Estulan’s quest to try and retake Dire Maul?

Amongst the Highborne who rejoined Kaldorei society; their heritage, titles and history is still very important to them and the continuation was one of the aspects agreed upon in the talks between Archmage Mordent Evenshade and Kaldorei leadership.

Imho, I feel like should Mori here meet “Prince” Taur’thelian, I would have no choose but to see him as the village lunatic thinking one can claim titles with the flick of a hand. It would’ve been better to maybe start as Lord, get to be known abit better in the grander RP scene, grow your guild and then claim Princehood when you have built some reputation.

This feels akin to the zillion commanders/generals, just more niché, in Stormwind who have led a grand total of 2 people before.

Edit:

This is a thing for me aswell; since you’re basicly claiming leadership over all Shen’dralar RPers

Nonetheless I wish you luck with the guild and I hope it takes off!

2 Likes

Ofc very important to them, but not of actual political importance within kaldorei society is more my point.

I also took OPs title more as a self-proclaimed thing, but he can likely better elaborate on that.

I never claimed that , it is simply the way I run my guild and the court :blush: and I am aware of the name and what it means , I stated that he formed his court , not the Shen’dralar

Sidestepping the discussion about a Kaldorei ‘House RP’ type guild, I think there’s a valid question about a guild name that is identical to a lore faction.

Since there are House of Shen’Dralar NPCs found in Dire Maul/Feralas, are these NPCs supposed to be affiliated with Prince Taur’thelian’s court? If not, what’s the lore there?

2 Likes

i think of it as there all part of the same , but there is no direct affiliation , i used it as a general term , cause its a house (court) of shen’drelar (highborne) ,

We’ve discussed this a few weeks ago and considerd “Lord” as title but Lord only implies noble birth as to Prince who is a noble leader. If there would be more suitable titles for a Highborne leader we’d be happy to hear them, seeing as alot of people seems to have a “problem” with the title :wink:

1 Like

I imagine “High Lord” could work to put a distance between the leader of the court and the other lords of it?

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say that I have a problem with it per-say, just that I initially thought it to be quite a large and hefty title for a character, but that’s just me personally! Especially when it’s in regards to a public organisation such as the Shen’dralar, because that’d link into a lot of other Highborne roleplayers who were also involved in that organisation.

As I said, you do you, as long as you have fun then that’s all that matters. I was simply curious because at first it’s a bit like “A Prince of Shen’dralar? What? Who? How?” but the Prince himself kindly answered my questions, so I am happy.

I will agree with Narmë and suggest that maybe a title dedicated to more of a Court status and noble setting would be more appropriate, as Prince suggests more or less royalty and very powerful. But if youre happy with the title and the reasoning then that’s cool too.

2 Likes

It depends what you want to go for. If you indeed want to claim the actual title (over all the Shendralar) and want others to acknowledge you as that, then I completely agree with the others. But from what I gathered, you just want your own leader title in -your- court (within the Shendralar). Honestly no clue which might be best suited there.

If you want to go more of the road of a (potentially) a little bit mad noble trying to proclaim himself “Prince”, thinking he’ll lead them better than anyone else, then I think that’s a very interesting road to take, too (and the one I assumed initially, really). Exactly because noble titles hold no more proper political power within kaldorei society, I think this could lead to some interesting RP with other Highborne, who of course often won’t acknowledge you. On the other hand, you could work towards being acknowledged by other player characters through RP itself and your character’s deeds.

1 Like

Yeah and essentially I think it opens up for interesting RP. I like to make people question themselves or their motives. A person with a Prince title can spice things up and i believe RP needs some spice from time to time. It’s a fun situation to play out, even more fun when people are willing to join the idea of it. Curious to where this will lead.

3 Likes

We did consider the title of highlord , but it is far to commonly used for paladins / militant rp guilds imo and doesnt really fit a highborne court