COVENANT abilities in Dragonflight that doesn't fit with CLASS theme

some of the covenant abilityes are in the new talent trees, the rest of sl is gone (tho the rep at renown isn’t that bad of an idea if account wide…)

Thanks! My heart stopped for 2 minutes.

I did.

1. It doesn’t look like Swarm of insects. It looks like some necrolord themed effect.
  2. It does Shadow damage. That kinda doesn’t make sense for insects, does it?
  3. Insect Swarm etc. is something more of Balance Druid ability.

My two points were visuals and spell-school. You failed at addressing both my points and instead chose to argue against name, which was nowhere raised as an argument.

For Balance Druids yes. But for Feral even Insect Swarm doesn’t feel very thematic.

Oh… they put it in the feral tree? I thought it’d be in the druid tree, if at all. That’s just weird.

2 Likes

im so sad tho that necrolord paladin ability isn’t coming at least for holy :frowning: i love that ability on holy ;(

Yes, that’s what I am saying. It’s so far from fitting Feral. Currently it’s deathly themed ranged DoT that does shadow damage and looks fitting for Necrolord covenant and possibly DKs.

I agree. I proposed so in my Paladin Feedback. Constructive Feedback: Dragonflight HOLY PALADIN Talent Tree But it should have different animation, because thematically it doesn’t feel good for Paladin either. So visual and spell-school would also need to be tuned.

Soul rot’s problem is the visuals. It’s blue and doesn’t fit the warlock purple/fel green aesthetic. The skill itself - a dot that empowers life drain is fine and fits very well in the warlock aesthetic.

Not to mention how with Dreamweaver it also works as a haste buff, like you literally suck the life force out of your enemies’ souls to empower yourself.

i keep it for my paladin troll cuz bwomsamdi an all, but if it was a light hammer it would be cool

And spell school. Nature damage doesn’t make sense.

Or they could tie it to Judgement and make Judgement generate 1 Holy Power.

2 Likes

mhh, i would like it to be individual tbh.

The “borrowed power” had been an issue for BLOODY YEARS! And while I’m perfectly sure that it’s a requirement to have some horrible soul-crushing farming mechanic (like Pathfinder) in the expansion, I thought we were done with the “borrowed power” at this point.

The DF is supposed to be the “the new chapter” and blahblahblah marketing blahblahblah… So why would the borrowed power from the bloody Shadowlands would be a factor there? Am I missing something?

some covenant abilityes, Artifact weapon abilityes and azerithe traits are present in DF talent tree with no need to grind.

I agree, these spells ruin the class fantasy for me immensely. Give them new visuals or get rid of them, I don’t know make Shifting power into a phoenix egg bursting in flames or something, don’t make me use these as they are I hate it

1 Like

it is Niu as in Niú 牛, cow

1 Like

ohhh, thank you!!

i had an idea for it in my other thread about that ability, go check it out if you want :slight_smile:

Imagine Shifting Power for mage sending out waves of elemental magic like a fast-spamming Arcane Explosion. I’d feel like an archon of badass. >:D Imagine transparent waves of flame pulsing out of you every second.

I agree with the OP. Get those fixed up if they’re gonna be carried over (and I would argue most of them shouldn’t be but oh well)

1 Like

i proposed in my thread this:

instead of the fae seed magic

SPEAR OF BASTION pls tell me this is gone

it’s in the talent tree of warriors :expressionless: