Covenant quest in azeroth?

True, but even in SL questing zones we see that forces of Light, Void, Fel so forth can enter Shadowlands. Only thing that bummed me out was ability for mortals like Taelia and Calia just strolling in

I mean, sure, ordering what looks a delicious slice of cake and then realizing that it’s just a painted-over block of wood definitely subverts my expectations. Joke’s on me!

Those are largely accepted as filler, something you do “on the side” while pursuing your main objective. “While you’re here, care to make a few bucks” and all, because while we’re the greatest heroes in existance, we’re also petty little wretches who will go and commit despicable acts just because someone offered us three gold for it.

But it’s nothing more than padding. Necessary padding, but still padding. Some of it makes it to memetic status (Mankirk’s wife, Hogger), while most of it will be forgotten the moment people turn in the quest.

And within a plot that still ends in something “epic” that is seen as an acceptable diversion and a way to keep up from burning out on the high stakes. But in order to keep people going on with the plot, the stakes need to be high in the end. And with the Legion and the Old Gods done for, the two highest-stake antagonizing forces have been defanged, so they needed to invent a new one, even bigger and badder than the previous baddies.

People would have swallowed Hogger as a final expansion boss purely because he’s a meme; but don’t think anyone would take it seriously if “Miss Dribble, the Crazy Cat Lady” were to be revealed to be the villain of it all.

Actually those feel so much more like “my” story than watching Anduin, Thrall and Jaina moan about Sylvanas. You can cut the main story any time, and I wouldn’t miss a thing, but cut the uesting, where I get to know the zones and the people a bit, and I’m gonna be really annoyed.

And that’s just anecdotal, but
 Isn’t your claim that people need to have the epicness of godslaying powers the same? I think epicness comes from presentation, not the powerlevel they say the enemy has. And I think stakes mean more if they are personal instead of global. You want to know the different between world-ending and universe-ending stakes? The later gets more eyerolls from me.

Also, don’t underestimate the power of memery. People might actually take a good joke over bad drama. I know I would.

2 Likes

8% wasn’t enough blizzard, we need 20% now

ehhhh that obviously doesnt count.

if it was just a place in the cosmos, the legion would already been there long ago. the kirin tor would most likely would have known of that place. and the dragon aspects would definitely at some point speak of it.

but no. nothing.
the reason is simple. only the dead know of the place. we found out because sylvanas had a pact with someone who could show her a way to the shadowlalnds and kidnapped our peeps.

ot at least thats how wow presented it.

*places in the cosmos usually arent infinite, the shadowlands are.

Translation: hands over ears, chanting “lalalalalalalala I don’t hear you lalalalalala”.

oh, please tell me wise one, how a spirit healer, a being that make the dead cross to the realm of the dead, as without spirit healers the spirits would be stuck. and as far as i know, the agenst of the jailer used the hole in the sky. how do they count ?
about the helm of domination and frostmourne, the dreadlords brought it but it was yet to be revealed how.

So they travel between the two places.

So they travel between the Shadowlands and Azeroth. We travel because the veil between the two has been shattered, and so do they. They traveled through from there to Azeroth, before we went back and forth.

If they can use the hole to travel, so can we. Meaning we’re by no means stuck in Shadowlands.

That’s a rumor, a likely one, but a rumor. But if true, then that’s yet another case where beings travel between the Shadowlands and other places. And this time, they’re not even dead.

So, we have the Kyrian traveling freely between the two, they did so prior to the Veil shattering. They don’t just travel when it is their business, because Devos and Uther did so too, seemingly without much effort, to snatch Arthas and throw him into the Maw.

We also know - and has been confirmed by Blizzard - that Draka traveled through another world and back, before the Veil was broken. But granted, she’s dead by that point.

But we also have Helya, Mueh’zala, Bwonsamdi and a couple of other beings travel between the two places. You can argue Helya is dead, but Mueh’zala and Bwonsamdi are not. We know that when Loa die, they go to Ardenweald to be reborn. Yet, Bwonsamdi knows the Winter Queen, and the Queen knows him too. Mueh’zala has been in league with the Jailer long before the Veil was broken aswell. Chances are, they crossed over and back before.

We have the Brokers, who are not of Shadowlands origin, they traveled there from another place, and they’ve been there before we arrived.

Then we have the Dreadlords, most likely. Since their origins are in the Twisting Nether, and they go back there when they die, to travel to the Shadowlands and back, they’d have to be alive, too.

Those are quite a few examples where a whole lot of beings - dead and alive - traveled through to Shadowlands and back. A bunch of them even before we did.

We’re in no way stuck there, and the lore supports that. But go on, ignore all that all you like. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like they already conquered the elemental planes, I guess?

Also, the Nathrezim at least were almost certainly in the Shadowlands.

1 Like

It seems you people aren’t “in” on the news yet
 NEWSFLASH, the shadowlands are just a projection, its a mindtrick! Theres no Shadowlands, its just another Azeroth.
Watch the architect scene from Matrix Reloaded for further explanations

We “didn’t know” anything about the very land on our Planet up until the magical mists have parted so if there was nothing known about Shadowlands wouldnt surprise me.

Also Void, Light and Nathrezim are known to have set foot on Shadowlands.

the elemental planes were created by the titans. and the last time i checked, sargeras is a titan

Just some minor notes.

According to Shadowlands preview brokers are native:

Native to an unnamed realm of the Shadowlands, Brokers possess an innate affinity for locating anima, even in the midst of the current drought

© https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23429193/shadowlands-preview-oribos

They do frequently travel also outside. For example, the chest where the summoned creatures are “stored” (next to the Void Storage) is a usual elven chest added in Legion.

© https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/448/451/large/ashleigh-warner-ash-nightelf-1bookslights.jpg

One of them explicitly says

Keeper Ta’hilt:
Such curious creatures we have found in your realm. I am enjoying expanding my collection.

Also, the place where we go to catch a devourer for the brokers next to the Maldraxxus arena has a map more or less identical to one of places visited on Argus.

Legion:

Shadowlands:

gl hf

Wait. That means that there’s a “realm of Shadowlands” that we know nothing of yet. Why? I thought “all” of Shadowlands were under immediate threat from the Jailer’s machinations? Why’s he ignoring the Broker “home realm”? Especially with their affinity to gather anima they would be incredibly useful to him.

This explains nothing and just punches new holes into the plot. I mean, I suppose they could try doing something with Cartel Ve that actually did venture into the Maw, but still. Who’s in charge of “Broker Realm”? Why are they never seen or have nothing to contribute to the literally greatest political crisis Shadowlands has ever faced?

We’ve known from the start that there are endless realms/lands within the Shadowlands. However, the four covenants + Oribos is what keeps the Shadowlands running (or so we are told).

Still makes no sense for all the “relevant stuff” to happen only there, especially with, as I said, the Brokers’ affinity to gather anima being something the Jailer should by all means be very interested in, and in the situation of an anima drought, even the four “main” realms should also be very interested in seeing what the Brokers can do for them.

No such thing seems to be happening, which just doesn’t make much sense. Like, I get that there may be trust issues, but if those can get in the way so easily, then the crisis is not nearly as bad as we are told it allegedly is.

I imagine that might come up in future plot, tbh. But until then I imagine the Venthyr are even better at collecting anima, which is what the Jailer relied on in his alliance with Denathrius.

They already did “something” with them. At least with some

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/796858605382008844/796858843719139328/unknown.png

Maybe reserved for the future content patches. One of sinstones also mentions a possible realm “Craftenium”.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Archetus_the_Mad_Designer

And one of interviews contains a brief mention of creation of new realms in Shadowlands.

Because souls are constantly crossing over from the mortal plane, that means new afterlives manifest to meet the needs of the Shadowlands.
The creations of such realms is a subject that will be explored in content updates to the Shadowlands expansion.

© https://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.com/news/interview-de-steve-danuser-sur-l-histoire-de-shadowlands-164320/

Whether it means that we’ll see the thing or it will be just mentioned - I don’t know.

I have no idea. The only 2 characters that so far seems to be in higher ranks that the regular brokers are Opulence Ba’hare and Matriarch Ta’dolla. Although that does not add that much information.

Looks like the initial 4 are the key realms to the way Shadowlands functions currently. But over time more realms might be involved. For now we supposedly barely got enough anima to open the gates to these 4, so visiting the rest might be a problem.

You can see brokers in more of less all of them (don’t remember in Ardenweald, but there is a sizeable presence in the other 3 realms). But brokers are interested more in their own benefits.

gl hf

But then how did the Brokers get to Oribos? And when they did, why did nobody bother to tell anyone anything about what’s happening in their realm?

True, but then, if suspicion of the Brokers’ disposition of merchants always looking to make a profit is enough to keep them away from dealings, then the crisis is not nearly as bad as we’re told. Why is it that we, the mortals, who just showed up, seem to enjoy a greater trust than those who have been there since I don’t know how long. Even if the worst case, the Brokers would be “the devil you know”, while we’re a complete unknown.

And I don’t want to chalk it up to “the Purpose”. As that broker guy in the Vault says, you could drop a dredger at the Arbiter’s head, say “the Purpose had you do it”, and everyone would let you off scot-free.

You can see them discussing the usage and expanding their portal network. So, I guess they found a way in after the Arbiter “shut down”. Was it because they were not allowed to enter before, or did the change of the situation was something they thought could be exploited for profit, is not clear.

Just like, what was the reason to place the guards in Oribos if all the evil is in the Maw and it was inescapable (other than some kind of gameplay reasons).

Why would brokers tell anything to attendants? They are testing the patience of Oribos denizens as is.

Attendant Scribe says: I wish the overseers would be more strict with the brokers. The chaos they bring irritates me.

Attendant Scribe says: I couldn’t agree more!

Attendant Scribe says: I am just thankful I do not have to deal with them directly.

Attendant Scribe says: We just have to trust that the Purpose will guide those of us who do have to work with them.

Attendant Scribe says: The Purpose is our way.

When it comes to the rest - I don’t know. At one point try to visit in Bastion a place called Transfer Station Ta. I have no idea what is going on and why kyrians allow brokers to mess with everything around the place. We might find out. Eventually. Maybe.

It might be bad for the “main” realms. Does not stop others from trying to capitalize on it. Brokers might get informations and influence they could not before. And that is how they seem to behave during the current situation.

First of all, brokers arrived to Oribos a bit before us.

Caretaker Kah-Vosh
Like you, the brokers are visitors to Oribos. They are just a little more demanding of our time.

Emissary Ba’silk
My people, like you, are visitors to this ancient engine.
Of course, we have been here a span longer. Thus our relationship with the Attendants runs deeper.

When it comes to why, I think that’s because in the “eyes” of the attendants we

Attendant Scribe says: I hope this is not a false dawn. Can we trust these strangers?

Attendant Scribe says: The Purpose guides them just as it guides us. You must have faith, my friend.

However, when it comes to the brokers

Emissary Ba’silk says: But caretaker, you want the mortals to be comfortable, yes? Is that not the Purpose?

Caretaker Kah-Vosh says: Do not invoke the Purpose so casually, Ba’silk. The Purpose is our way, but it is not yours.

Emissary Ba’silk says: I did not intend offense. I mean only that our interests are aligned. For the mortals to aid your Arbiter, they need supplies. Amenities.

Caretaker Kah-Vosh says: Within reason, yes. But I begin to wonder whether you are taking advantage of our agreeable nature.

Emissary Ba’silk says: Perish the thought, caretaker!

It is not that simple.

Opulence Ba’hare:
We must take care, Ba’solo. There are limits to the patience of the attendants, and I do not want this opportunity squandered.

Emissary Ba’solo:
Agreed, Opulence. Kah-Delen is more observant than she would have us believe.

Opulence Ba’hare:
Placate their precious Purpose. It is a means to our end.

Emissary Ba’solo:
As you will it, Opulence.

Do you know what has caused all these souls to be sent into the Maw?
Overseer Kah-Delen:
In truth? We do not yet understand why.
This may be the Purpose and we are yet to comprehend this change in its nature.
It may also be interference. It seems like these are not ordinary days.

Attendants are asking some questions, could doubt, etc. Besides, the nature of the Purpose is not clear. But clear enough for some to ask if it’s an interference and more attention should be payed to the events that are happening in Oribos.

gl hf