CPU usage at 80-100% since last patch

CPU runs at 80-100% since patch yesterday. Game cuts and lags, even though FPS stays high. Tried all the Direct X. Drivers updated. Windows updated. No addons. Nothing can run besides the game, and even then, the game is barely playable.

2 Likes

Same here, although my FPS doesn’t stay high, I’ll drop from 60 to like 0 - 5 for a good 20 - 30 seconds it feels like every minute.

4 Likes

After last patch the crashes have went up the roof nothing seems to work.

2 Likes

same here im not sure what to do…

1 Like

having same issue since yesterday . crash after crash. tried updating everything and also dropped graphics down still crashing.

1 Like

Check your RAM usage and change GPU API to Direct 11 Legacy.

1 Like

As I said, tried all Direct settings. 12, 11 and 11 Legacy. Same shiet.

I came home after work and noticed game is using twice as much of my cpu while fps is lowered by half. Temperatures before were 60 Celsius max, now it goes to 80, my cooler wants my laptop to fly away like an helicopter. With only WoW opened without any background app, with disabled services and startup programs i have 6GB of RAM used. and all this on i7-7700HQ 16GB RAM GTX1060. Blizzard is making this game worse and worse, if it won’t be solved soon enough i won’t sub anymore becuase i won’t overuse my new laptop on such old game, so it will look after half of year like 10 year computer. Right after i exit wow in idle mode my cpu usage is 1-2%.

2 Likes

Exactly the same here. As soon as I shut down WoW, it stops sounding like a dying horse. It HAS to be a screw-up they’ve done, but they’re not coming out and saying anything!

1 Like

Bullseye! if they would post anything about issues and that they are working on it i would be calmed down because i would know the problem is addressed, now they are peeing on us, implenenting new things without any word. FPS dropped down from ~120 to 48 in the same places, i did exit wow because i don’t want my cpu to overheat while standing still in the game.

1 Like

I usually enjoy playing the game, with youtube open, and perhaps wowhead… Maybe a Steam game on the side, if I am queue’ing for something… But now… It’s impossible. I can ONLY run WoW… And it is clunky. It gives these huge stutters, where the game freezes for a second, totally throwing me off… My FPS lies at 150 usually, or like… Around there, but now it drops to 40 out of nowhere. It takes 10-15 seconds to open a Chrome tab and write in the forums, when the game is running. What did they do? What WILL they do…? How do we get their attention…?

1 Like

They will be “investigating” for week or two, then will start to work on it, so maybe 3 weeks untill it’s fixed, i can’t play the game now, i just can’t stand my cooler sound, it sounds like it’s screaming to me turn it off! turn it off! gametime will be wasted obviously…

1 Like

Mine too. It is making sounds it has never made before. The computer is only a year old, custom built, and has run EVERYTHING I’ve thrown at it on ultra and max settings, without so much as a squeal… Now it’s ticking… Whirring and making clunking noises. If the game has ruined my computer, what do I do?

Exactly, my fan after 3 minutes of playing started to run so loud that i couldn’t hear Game of Thrones in TV first time ever that loud, if we will see here blue post telling us to clear our cache/ui/addons it will be such big disappointment. Now with forums and facebook opened my cpu usage is at 2% with max performance power setting, when i open wow it’s 100%

MEME: Excuse me, what the heck?

3 Likes

I’ve already sought out the blue posts. Changed Direct settings. Reset all sorts of stuff in the CMD prompt, and cleared caches. This isn’t a local issue, I simply do not believe it. I’ve talked with countless of people in-game, and a lot are experiencing it. Blizzard have broken something, somewhere, and our computers are suffering from it…

1 Like

Yes, people did notice this issue right after new patch, but hell no, our UI is the reason. Now i can’t even hear my cooler it’s so silent. It’s obviously not local issue because everything except WoW is working great at max settings. 34 Celsius degree on each core atm.

2 Likes

Aye, every other game, my computer is like a ghost, chugging along in complete silence. But once WoW is started… It lets forth a roar of pain, at whatever torture Blizzard is causing it. Will we get our playtime refunded, for the time we can’t play?

1 Like

They broke something with introduction of these new Direct Modes i’m sure. Why they are changing things which are working fine and they will never address things that are too long broken? I need an answer, please.

2 Likes

I think that they broke something with the Direct modes too, aye… But supposedly, the Legacy mode should be the old one, but no… It is still the same issue. Tried all three, and no change. My FPS is lowered in legacy, but the same cluttering and CPU issues persist.

1 Like

I agree with you, fun fact in DX 11 Legacy Mode i have 34 fps standing before orgrimmar AH, in DX 11 Normal i have 39 and with DX 12 i have 48 max, so it all is totally broken if i have less FPS on mode that is consuming less resources, don’t you think?

2 Likes