Crash since 10.0.5

My game crashes at launch since 10.0.5.

I’m a mac user, and I know there is a thread on US forum already. Any idea on the ETA of this?

These threads belong in the Technical Forums:

FYI, Mac user here. No issue so far.

Also MAC user and can’t get the startup screen just Blizzard Error, It has been the same with PTR since 10.0.5

Also mac user, crash after the 10.0.5.

Everything was fine yesterday. Today it crashes after the update.

Surprisingly WOTLK works.

Please fix asap!

Sorry to hear that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like getting the disconnect message for every action i do in the character select.

Okay”.

2 Likes

same here.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016
2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
MacOS 11.6.3

Hit Play on battle.net, screen gets black, WoW pointer appears and then crashes.

All of this since update :frowning:

Mac for working, windows for gaming…

1 Like

yeah I can’t affort two computers though :frowning:

It’s still not working Blizzard.

It is still crashing!!!

You cant be serious Blizzard. How can a patch screw up a whole game for Mac users???

Error Code:
A8C57C19-B8E7-49E5-89AA-B6748BDA80AE

3 Likes

same here

everything fine…10.0.5 after instal hit play…
screen gets black, warcraft cursor appears, crash.

reboot,reinstall - same problem

1 Like

Guys, does your WOTLK also work?

What model is your Mac? And what version of macOS do you have?

I can’t play the game. My model is a MacBook Pro from late 2013. I was using Catalina, upgraded to Big Sur but the issue remains.

Yes, it does.

iMac 2017 27inch.

12.4 Monterey. I have been too lazy to update to Ventura.

iMac 27" 2017
Big Sur 11.4

I’m a Mac OS user and since I updated I haven’t been able to launch WoW,
It shows on the internet that Mac users our having the problems but there’s no time frame for when the issue be fixed.

I was curious to know if anyone has heard different to the problem being fix or know of a possible to fix the issue.

Thank you.

Few posts above Billyblue said that updating to Monterey fixed the problem. Unfortunately my MacBook will only update to Big Sur which doesn’t work.

Latest reply by Blizzard on US forum
" Jambrix

1120 posts

Customer Support

8m

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the information that has been shared in this thread so far. The WoW team continues to work on this crash which only affects specific Macs and specific macOS versions. We do not have any new information to share regarding the technical cause of the crash, but it is still under investigation and being worked on.

As many have discovered upgrading your macOS (if possible) can be a solution for this crash. We generally recommend using the latest version of macOS if you can, since newer macOS versions come with bug fixes and new graphics drivers. Ventura is the latest macOS available, but if your Mac is not able to upgrade to Ventura you may try Monterey.

We will make sure to share any updates we receive from the WoW team."

2 Likes