Crash since 10.0.5

same here

everything fine…10.0.5 after instal hit play…
screen gets black, warcraft cursor appears, crash.

reboot,reinstall - same problem

1 Like

Guys, does your WOTLK also work?

What model is your Mac? And what version of macOS do you have?

I can’t play the game. My model is a MacBook Pro from late 2013. I was using Catalina, upgraded to Big Sur but the issue remains.

Yes, it does.

iMac 2017 27inch.

12.4 Monterey. I have been too lazy to update to Ventura.

iMac 27" 2017
Big Sur 11.4

I’m a Mac OS user and since I updated I haven’t been able to launch WoW,
It shows on the internet that Mac users our having the problems but there’s no time frame for when the issue be fixed.

I was curious to know if anyone has heard different to the problem being fix or know of a possible to fix the issue.

Thank you.

Few posts above Billyblue said that updating to Monterey fixed the problem. Unfortunately my MacBook will only update to Big Sur which doesn’t work.

Latest reply by Blizzard on US forum
" Jambrix

1120 posts

Customer Support

8m

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the information that has been shared in this thread so far. The WoW team continues to work on this crash which only affects specific Macs and specific macOS versions. We do not have any new information to share regarding the technical cause of the crash, but it is still under investigation and being worked on.

As many have discovered upgrading your macOS (if possible) can be a solution for this crash. We generally recommend using the latest version of macOS if you can, since newer macOS versions come with bug fixes and new graphics drivers. Ventura is the latest macOS available, but if your Mac is not able to upgrade to Ventura you may try Monterey.

We will make sure to share any updates we receive from the WoW team."

2 Likes

I’ve tried to download the new version of iOS but after downloading 13gb over 6h it just said “update cant be installed”. It was not even stored somewhere on the computer. The update just vanished after the error. LOL

Same here!
I have a MacBookPro Mid 2014 with Mac OS BigSur 11.7.3 .
Wednesday, just after patch, crash.
Thursday, after a new path, crash again.
The code is different each time it crashes, but it looks something related to the main exec, since the crash happens really fast, but discrete GeForce is kicked in, so it’s after that initialization code.

Pls fix that ASAP ! :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Fra

Mine is working now!

I’ve updated over night to Ventura 13.1 and it is now working again.

Is there any fix if your not able to update to Ventura 13.1 or 12.4 Monterey?

I’m preparing to migrate by using OpenCoreLegacyPatcher.
I’m backing up my stuff and proceed after that.
USB key already prepared.
OMG…

Fra

There’s a huge thread on this in the Tech forum with a blue response - this link should lead straight to the response: Wow won't open on Mac since the patch - #65 by Dresiaron

There is another more recent blue post in the same thread but it doesn’t tell anything useful.

Hey, lots of different drivers got updates recently. You might wanna check all updates on your end aswell

Update from my side: it looks like OpenCoreLegacyPatcher has to use Root Patching and use an Apple Debug Toolkit to access the drivers for GPU, but those drivers are the same as Big Sur, because NVIDIA didn’t release any more recent drivers. Since those drivers are buggy, the problem will be the same.
This is what is reported in the US forum, so I didn’t try myself…
What I did, instead, is installing BOOTCAMP and Win11. That works! I believe because the drivers are different.
So, in order to play, I have to reboot in Win11, but that’s doable, at least for me…

Thank you,
Fra

The game is working now!

New crasher here(windows) :slight_smile: One week of crashing. Pressing spells, sometimes just afk and i get crash :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.