Crazy FPS drops when panning camera since prepatch?

That did nothing to the GPU usage though. FPS got better, but that’s about it. The game is still unplayable on lower gen cards.

It worked for me really great, I’m using old GTX960.

The recent Blizz update to the shader cache doesn’t fix the stuttering when moving around (NOT camera, that’s fixed), and I can also confirm my GPU usage stays at 100%, which isn’t ideal and reduces performance.

5 Likes

Blizzard did exactly that in todays “patch” but the real issue is still there. It is just a temporary “fix”

Now the GPU usage is insane….
Thank god its not HOT outside or summer time… otherwise ,forget this game
But its not ok with this game,GPU usage is insane and 72o degra
60% 70% usage with nothing near me and 72o? Something is wrong with the game.

3 Likes

I’m thinking sometimes who works in Blizzard now. They messed up really ez things and now we’ve got crap.

at least they make a date or a statement about their work. This issue was not mentioned in the previous known bugs description.

i hope one day will be fix that problem.

90%+ GPU usage is … yikes.
PC fans are blowing like crazy when playing WoW now D:

2 Likes

Yeah, even with /console GxAllowCachelessShaderMode 0, Epic BGs with lowest graphics settings are unplayable for me. :confused: On raids I have drops to 30-40 fps with the same settings. Before pre-patch, I had 50-60 fps on raids with settings 7. Open World zones seem to work as before - no stuttering, no huge fps loss.
Well, maybe my GTX 1070 is too potato…

As reported, this is kinda unreal, GPU usage without wow, 0%, logging in goes to 100% instantly

Try deleting the file “Config.wtf” from the folder World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF

This does not work. Even clean install does not work.

1 Like

Removing Addons completely and deleting all addons from the drives doesnt help.

Reinstalling WoW doesnt help. Deleteing EVERYTHING Blizzard and Addon related, then reinstalling doesnt help. All drivers and hardware are checked out and up to date.

Maybe deleting WoW will fix our issue. Joking obviously. At this point I just hope they care enough to address this issue

3 Likes

I think what’s worrying about this, and other bugs like the ‘guild name’ bug is that there is no acknowledgement from Blizzard. It would be reassuring if we knew they could see the problem and were working on a fix. As it stands, they might be planning to do nothing about it and the myriad other bugs.

These are all things that were reported time and again on both the DF Beta and the PTR. They knew in advance of these problems and here we are…

3 Likes

In preparation for DF I did a Complete System upgrade.
Grabbed a r7 5800X3d.
Upgraded from 16gb cl16 3600 to 32 gb of the same ram.
Bought a reasonably priced 6700XT 12gb
and upgraded my NVME to a Gigabyte AORUS Gen4 SSD 1.0TB.

Until the pre-patch hit I was getting 196fps on my 144htz Freesync 1080 gaming monitor with everything set to Ultra. I can play other games @144htz Ultra details no problem, and barely stress my GPU.

Pre-patch Hits and now with clean install, no addons, and the graphical details set to the lowest I get random freezes and Frame drops just in open world. in M+ I can barely manage 60fps and I regularly see the FPS drop to under 10FPS. I tried raid finder and it IS an unplayable mess, same for Epic Battlegrounds, Solo shuffle and normal BG’s are just about playable but this PC can run the best single player and multi player First person shooters at high to ultra high details and maintain 144fps

So basically I’m really peeved and tempted to refund my DF purchase, and mebbe go play Final Fantasy instead

5 Likes

And yet blue posts insist on posting the same old “dxdiag, ui reset, no addons, check settings” bs. It’s the game that have issues, not players PCs.

4 Likes

The cv command seems to fix the issue at least in open world. Until you decide to do an m+ or visit Oribos in rush hour, and the issue appears again. Game was running fine before prepatch. Funny thing is most people reporting issues have very good setups so you can’t even claim it is not a blizzard thing.
What worries me is there isn’t yet an official reply, just to say they acknowledge the problem or that they are looking into it.
I’m willing to bet they have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it.
Just imagine trying to do a world boss with this situation. You’ll probably get negative fps.

4 Likes

any news from us forums tho ? i doubt we will get anything here