Crazy FPS drops when panning camera since prepatch?

The US forum thread is here:

The last blue post was 5 days ago and asking for things like UI resets and people not using addon managers. Obviously that went down well…

I would hazard a guess that the people at Blizzard who manage the fora simply have nothing to say because the people who write the code aren’t telling them anything. In such circumstances it’s probably best to say nothing rather than guess or speculate.

In terms of a fix I’m disappointed that there’s not even been any acknowledgment. As anyone who works in a client facing role knows, if you keep your clients informed and tell them what is being done they’re often a lot happier. Telling them nothing and stonewalling just leads to an assumption that nothing is being done. After all, how bad can it be that nobody will say anything ?

2 Likes

Some updates from the US forums!

Devs are looking into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t give me hope…

wow may be back on the menu boys

SAME IN WOTLK!
But the fix isnt working because we dont have this setting.

Well played blizzard. well played.

eh my game is now stuttering a lot when im flying around and never did that…idk what they doing with the game tbh…i paid 50 euro for expac and ressubed to come here and this worse than free to play games.

1 Like

Aren’t you the same person that had a flawless running game and it was everyone else’s PCs being the problem?

1 Like

works fine here so its 100% not game fault but ur pc.

/s

Actually only today i fly around and noticed stutters i never had when flying around zereth mortis looking for cheste etc,but when im in ground game is normal,fly around stutter fest,also i just ressubed but i play since warlords and never had this horroble stutters flying around,looks like the game is having difficulty loading assets or smth…but you right,somethings not good.

1 Like

The game does run fine at naked eye even better then before in fps but problems that are only noticeable when flying around my frametime is allways 16.6 ms something loke this in graph: ____________________________ but now on df client and flying around does this ___________ | ___________i hope i could explain this good…

I never had any issues untill now.Game was running on 10 graph settings and max view distance at 100+ fps with no problems since now.
PC Specs:Intel Core i5-9400 ;NVIDIA GeForce 1660 ;8 GB RAM
All my drivers are up to date.
I think my RAM is a bit low,so I’m about to upgrade to 16 or 32GB these days,but I highly doubt this will solve the problem.
The thing is everything is fine until you get to Oribos or Stormwind.My fps starts going up and down like crazy from 120fps to like 20fps or even lower,then goes back up and down again. If you sit stationary it’s ok,but once you start moving(especiiially in Oribos)it’s a nightmare.

Even with the FPS drops since the patch, i think you are having unrealistic expectations for your hardware.
Settings 10 on a 1660 in current content is way too high.

I used to play at that same settings with 0 issues till last month. You don’t actually need a 3090 or higher to play at 10. GTX 1660 is a 6GB video card after all,which is enough for that setting.
I’m playing in raids at 8 graph settings with no lag or fps issues sitting at 80-100 fps with no problems there.
So your comment makes no sence at all.

1 Like

I never said that you cannot play at 10, i said your 100+ FPS are unrealistic for your hardware.
Just go to Ardenweald and check your FPS. You won’t be close to 100 FPS at settings 10.
It’s just that people here are reading comments like this and then thinking their old hardware should run the game maxed out at triple digit FPS (in current content).

Besides that, the amount of Video Memory has nothing to to with the speed of the GPU.

I have the same fps in Ardenweald ! The only change where the fps drops so drastically is on SW and Oribos ! Dropping down graphics to 6-7 has no effect. You don’t actually need a super computer to run at max settings unless you wanna run at some high resolutions and max shades !
And I think you just miss the point where I said I was already running the game with this setup and with those settings for quite a long time(start BFA till now) !
I also see people with way better GPUs like 3080 reporting the same things.
I am well aware that my GPU is not 1 year old model,but I’m also aware of it’s capabilities very well,and its totally not old or outdated as you seem to claim.

1 Like

You’re just straight up ignoring the fact that everyone that have issues, ran the game fine the day BEFORE prepatch went live.

2 Likes

There was an update to WoW now. Can anyone confirm if we got any fixes?

EDIT:

GPU usage has been fixed after tonight’s update :slight_smile:

Go in to options-System-Graphics and change auto detect to your graphic card.

Something is wrong with the autodetect and seem to cause issues.

Hope this might help some of you. :slight_smile:

who said ? any blue post or smth?

maybe usage but stuttering still not fixed.

i can only play GxAllowCachelessShaderMode to “0” if not stuttering and random fps drıps… no fix.