Crazy FPS drops when panning camera since prepatch?

fresh install windows, fresh install WOW, no addons … still 100% GPU usage and bad GPU temps :frowning: GPU is clean, no dust, new thermal compoud and thermal pads are in super condition. In Superposition Benchmark with extreme settings i have max 65 C GPU temp. In wow 83 C

i9 9900k + RTX2070 Super

Another -very- important thing to note is that NVidia released recent drivers which are faulty and cause your GPU to skyrocket to 100% while playing games.

I had to reroll to an older Driver because every single game I played began to stutter and feel off until I checked my Task Manager.

WoW had the issue with GPU usage yep, but this Driver issue is unrelated to that; so at the same time I had to deal with a faulty Driver and broken WoW.

To those of you who are using recent NVidia Drivers, check your GPU usage when doing -anything- and see if it skyrockets.

1 Like

It’s HAGS doing that, but afaik it’s a visual bug. At least my temps didn’t change when it was at 100%, turned off HAGS and now it’s at 99% under full load.

hmmmm … maybe not blizz problem? Which drivers version u have? I have higher usage GPU also in other games but not 100% … but higher than normal 80-90%

Yep, that’s Drivers. It’s what happened to me as I noticed games losing on a bit of FPS; it didn’t occur to me to check my Task Manager up until I loaded WoW and saw my GPU usage skyrocket. So it was one problem after another!
WoW fixes GPU usage, only to have my GCard Driver act up again sfjgosigjos.

Anyway I am using 517.48 Driver from September; I suggest you rollback as well until we are brave enough to update Drivers. (I’ll do it when they release 2 or 3 more)

1 Like

hmmm so rolled back to 517.48 it look much better before i had constant 100% with latest two NV drivers :thinking: CPU usage is also lower :flushed:

:eyes: :point_down:

1 Like

Yep…
NVidia getting sloppy with Driver releases.
Glad this helped a bit!

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you so much

1 Like

anyone got news from us ?

No response, I keep nagging them over there daily.

5 Likes

The sttutering is back after todays update…
Im tired of playing a single dungeon with random sttutering,fps drops….
Really sad

4 Likes

Any news? No!

Game is still broken and day after day no fix… just class hotfixes. and quests. v.s

2 Likes

Before this post is closing, I can attest, that this problem still persists, especially on my enhancer in naxx 25.

1 Like

I’ve never done so much troubleshooting in my entire life for ANY game… this shouldn’t be happening with a frigging 3070 and an overall good rig. Fix it please.

1 Like

Still have stutters. Usually FPS is high at ~120-140 but get a stutter every 30 second or so. :frowning:

AMD Ryzen 5600X
RTX 3070
32GB @3600 MHz

• already tried Cache/Interface/WTF deleted
  • no addons
  • not a single program im startup, only battle.net and WoW running
  • updated new Nvidia drivers
  • already put graphics way down that shouldn’t so low with my PC but it doesn’t help either
3 Likes

i think i give up for now gonna try again in one month, got my pvp set which i love.
And 3 Vicious saddles already, but visit or play in any place with other players is really annoying. It’s absurd that changing shapes or using 1 spell alone somewhere hidden provokes stutters and that it shipped like that.

They literally broke the game with 10.0 and moved on, i really thought that no way that after i came back after Christmas vacation its NOT fixed. I remember how happy i was to log in the day of 10.0 to discover this annoying gamebreaking stutters. Actually when i said to anyone first and main reason i loved wow for how smooth responsive and polished it is.

Now filled with bugs everywhere, battle for darkshore was bugged for 6+ months, monuments in garrison dont work for 6+ months, certain models are bugged for 6+ months. Game is literally laggy and stuttery and they allow this for soon 3 months ?

How is this not top priority ? Wrote a lot of stuff while cancelling sub really really hope they do scan at least for words in those messages i was sure to include stutters performance etc.

2 Likes

How you get the vicious saddles easily?

Not just when panning the camera. I also get massive FPS drops when leaving and entering combat. I’ve sorted out all of my LUA errors so I doubt it’s anything caused by add-ons either.

thats the thing its not easy its a grind, many hundreds 250+ arena matches, so first you grind current season mount then each additional bar gets you one saddle, so basically i filled it 4 times, THATS a lot, thats all i did basically and im kinda bored of it :expressionless:

mog runs which are kinda fast

Wish I did this. Solo arena, 2s or what?