Crazy FPS drops when panning camera since prepatch?

i have 1 gpu no fix anything. maybe laptop gamers to work

Is Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling (HAGS) on for you guys? The location is Start>Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings, disable it.

You should probably read the complete posts.
I did aknowledge the FPS drops and stutter, i also had them.
Still he is having unrealistic expectations of his hardwares capability.
WoW on 10 is REALLY demanding, no matter how many people will tell you that it runs on a toaster.
It’s like those people who are posting “i have 144 FPS in a raid” and they look at the FPS before the combat started… then you see them dropping to 20ish FPS… gg

You got any clue what’s causing it? I had the chance to test WoW on a system with a 4090/13900k and it also have the stutters and pop-ins…

I tested it myself. The GPU usage is no longer 100% for me. It’s back to 5% max in SW as before. The fix sorted the GPU usage for me for certain.

no fix helpt Still having issues befor the prepatch nothing…

1 Like

The stutters should be mostly fixed by the hotfix this week.
It was a shader compiling issue.
I still have some smaller stutters when moving fast towards lots of players or npcs, like in oribos. But after you turned the camera 360°, it runs fine.

Also setting the shader effects to low helps in some places like inside the Ardenweald hub.

its not fixed

for me i have stutter in bastion base for example. when i move a bit stutter then gone. when i go a new area stutter again… in oribos v.s everywhere.

only fix gx console code.

2 Likes

Stutter is still a problem but at least GPU usage has been lowered to normal levels now.

1 Like

no news :frowning: ?

3 Likes

What a disgrace of a prepatch is this?? Bg’s are unplayable…screen freezing every 3 min or so and client crashes. And we pay subscription for this mess.

Garbage…

5 Likes

6 day old blue post. And everywhere only people who think the problem is fixed. Since the prepatch no longer playable. FPS dips everywhere whether shadowlands or OG everything has really hard fps dips. Before the prepatch everything was great that should investigate blizz alone but is already 14 days ago. I will not put the addon to me if nothing changes all other games run like a glove. That they are still working on a solution would be great if the times a blue can confirm.

2 Likes

fps is still bad!!

4 Likes

FPS is bad, stuttering is bad… I still got like… 30% GPU usage in SW though. A few days ago it was 5% now it raised high again. I’ve… no idea what’s going on D:

5 Likes

yes still bad here, i can do quests but Oribos and a lot worse 40 man bg’s are unplayable … which is sad :frowning:

4 Likes

O keep with stuttering randomly, i try everything …. Even questing i got stuttering. Its so sad playing the game like this

3 Likes

Try this.

Type /console GxAllowCachelessShaderMode 0 in chat
Type /console gxRestart in chat

/console GxAllowCachelessShaderMode 0
/console gxRestart

… Ive literally got deserter from so many bgs… my fps were dropping to freaking 5 and i usually play up to 130+ … was asking ev1 in game if they noticed something weird since 10.0 patch… noone had a problem…

And now i see this post…
It wasnt my rtx 2060 problem nor my pc specs…
I dont know man… idk how they cant even fix this…

This doesn’t work as Blizzard added this band-aid “fix” themselves last week.

3 Likes

Had this fps drop when beta testing months ago I knew it was gonna carry on over here.

Had a 9700K, 1080 TI Windows 10 on SSD.

Now got a 13700K, 3080, Wins 11, SSD same issues same drops. vsync off - gsync on - frame rate cap 140

1 Like