Cross realm bgs are as anti vanilla as LFR & LFG

I play on Stonespine where there is no queue for logging in to the game. The ratio is 30-70 Alliance-Hordes tho and it would be kind of lame facing other players which I’ve never seen and most likely never will see again.

They own most of the zones and camp it daily so it seems only fair that we get a chance to face them in battlegrounds instead of hunting them down prowled to get that lovely 1v1.

2 Likes

If that´s the price to pay to get really Vanilla experience… sure…

I mean - players deliberately choosing overpopulated faction knew this risk. Just like players choosing underpopulated faction knew they would get slaugthered in the open world. Since Blizzard has done nothing to address the open world issue and all we hear is “go to PVE realms”, I can´t really see a single reason why they should be implementing cross-realms to address the overpopulated faction´s problem. It would not be fair. All we can do is to say “enjoy your queues”. And I don´t mean to be mean. It´s just how things are…

1 Like

Well that’s fair…though you could see the OP’s point of view, or perhaps I can at least. The longer WoW progressed, the further it went from what we call Vanilla. The cross realms were included in the penultimate patch, prior to TBC. So if we have a long scale of what’s Vanilla on the left and what’s TBC and closer to retail on the right, cross realms would be way over on the right. It was not in-keeping with the spirit of Vanilla and was a facet of a much larger, quality of life orientated game.

Now you can question the sense behind people preferring a game with as little QOL as possible, but that doesn’t mean the desire of it doesn’t exist.

Cross realms won’t help them in the slightest…
if 70% population on horde on every realm means it’s the same crap everywhere, do you think the horde from other servers won’t que? In fact it just reinforces the faction imbalance…

Cross realm BG’s try to bury faction imbalance in economy of scale, but if every realm ratio is the same it doesn’t change… in order to help Shazzrah you would have to cross realms it with a server that has the polar opposite faction balance. So say zandalar tribe… but those ally dominated servers are so rare it’s a moot point.

1 Like

Cross realm hurts the horde on zt to

100%
We get shafted by being the minority faction on server but majority across the game. Double whammy

Exactly. When it hits and people realise this, they will beg for cross faction bg’s etc.

1 Like

of course it can help with server balance. I am on a server with quite low Alliance pop compared to Horde, and I’m sure people will be relieved that they can have a fair fight in a BG - and be less inclined to move servers!

I think it’s disappointing but if it helps queue times and it was in vanilla then I’m ok with it.

1 Like

I could be wrong here as I have no real details or proof about the numbers. The servers are way bigger now than in classic and when cross realm BGs came out in classic the servers was put into battlegroups? Think that’s right? But because of today’s huge numbers per server is there not more people per server than there was in a whole classic battlegroup? Meaning even if there wasn’t cross realm BGs the chance of frequently bumping into the same person in a BG is very slim anyway?

I could be way out here but if it’s close then that would nullify people against cross realm BGs and saying you know who you fight?

Just a thought.

Does that mean we get battlegroups aswell? 100%?
Being in 1.12 doesn’t mean anything to blizzard, if it did we would have a keyring already.

1 Like

Don’t think there’s been any confirmation other than cross realm BGs being a thing. Since it’s inevitable I hope it’ll be battlegroups with 2 or 3 realms max so there’s at least a chance you’ll meet the same people again rather than every single realm in the same BG pool.

Agreed I loved realm only BGs running into the same people but either way at least BGs coming earlier than expected!! Can’t complain! See you guys in 39s :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, to the people saying “staying in your cities” I can honestly remember having to travel to silver wing and refuge point to que for pvp… there weren’t battle masters in storm wind or ironforge at one point… pray that isn’t the case here, because oh sweetest Jesus imagine what refuge point would be like if that was the case let alone hillsbrad…

The battlemasters are already in place in the major cities.

That much is a blessing at least…

Nice try bro
you should have thought about BG queue times when you rolled first like every other 60+ IQ did

Now stay mad and stay bad pce

But they were in classic /vanilla so your point is moot .
Battlegroups were a thing in Vanilla.
And please tell me how servers like Sharraz are meant to function with such server imbalance do you people even think before posting.

So far they’ve done a pretty poor job of authenticity so why stick with it now

this decision will mean rewarding the majority faction of pvp servers for being unbalanced, what a joke, oh well.

Faction imbalance is a game wide issue. Servers like shazzrah will just spread their issues to the balanced servers, containing their issues and fixing the core issues that lead to the faction imbalances would be a better solution.

Non cross realm bgs until phase 6 would be more inline with “no changes”