Cross realm bgs are as anti vanilla as LFR & LFG

Without cross realm bgs you have meaningful interactions with people on your server, you know the people you fight and they know you. This will not be the case with cross realm bgs. The interactions will be as meaningless as LFR and dungeon finder.

Cross realm bgs were added in the very last patch of Classic. They do not help faction imbalance, rather they just remove incentive to have faction balance.

If you are against anti server community features like layering you should certainly be against any form of cross realm feature be it battlegrounds, raid finder or dungeon finder.

56 Likes

Without cross realm bgs, it would be impossible to get any bgs on some servers without a 1-2 hour queue, like shazzrah for example. Is that really what you want?

5 Likes

Cross Server BGs where added in Vanilla (1.12) so they are definitely a Classic feature.

23 Likes

#NOCHANGES, how about that?

4 Likes

Look, BGs are gonna be cross-realm no matter what you say or do, might as well learn to live with it.

There will be no interactions with people from your server regardless with servers of this size. I’ve not met a single person from opposing faction more than twice during my time playing. Cross realm in cases such as this isn’t going to change much.

1 Like

It will not be impossible, unless you have fewer than a couple hundred on one faction you should always have at least 1 bg up. If you choose to play on a server with such a balance you deserve to sit in queues relative to it.

It was for about 3 months, when the gear was not nearly as relevant and anyone who played seriously was done. Dungeon finder is also a classic feature, be it not as advanced with teleportation, but both these features are anti-social and clearly undermine the importance of community in the game, which should have no place in an MMO. The only value crossrealm grouping would have would be in a competitive environment, which vanilla clearly is not.

No need to just accept things without raising your voice.

Coming from a roleplayer like you I find it very strange you would be so pessimistic towards trying to raise awareness to this.

3 Likes

Crossrealm BGs statistically won’t even help Horde because they outnumber Alliance on most realms, assuming the data gathered by addons such as Census Plus is accurate.
That is the price you pay when you pick the already overpopulated Faction.
That’s also the reason I’m not bothered by the current wPvP situation. Sure, (depending on realm) Horde gets a headstart by outganking flightmasters and entrances to raids, but the moment BGs are up, Alliance will enjoy fast BG queues and stay inside Cities, which means Gank-Raids will have nothing to kill.
Ironically, whereas on the few realms where Horde are outnumbered, implementing crossrealm will hurt them because instead of having to deal with a 2:1 Alliance/Horde ratio on a realm basis, they face a 1:2 Alliance/Horde ratio on a server basis. So on realms where Horde are the underdog, not only will they suffer from being outnumbered in wPvP, but also from high bg queue times lmao.

6 Likes

no changes

2 Likes

Cross realm bgs would help fix faction balance on servers like shazzrah for example where atm alliance cant play the game

It should be server only.

4 Likes

If we already have cross realm then i dont see why we cant have crossfaction bgs?

Honestly a much better solution was it not for how the ranking system works and how easy it would be to fix outcomes. Much of the problems that have ruined wow were patching issues that should have had the core issues fixed.

Let’s hope Classic will never have cross realm features in battlegrounds, or anything like raid finder or dungeon finder.

3 Likes

agree. and with this spy addon all the bg’s will be a lot worse !

rip bg’s, thx spy !

1 Like

I agree, I played bg’s with my elite team in vanilla before cross server bg’s came along. And we knew each other and everyone else who pvp’d and the horde side too. When cross server came all the connections with people went. This bg now is going to be just like random bg’s on retail or like the rated bg’s too. It’s not going to be the same at all.
So far vanilla has been nothing like classic, even the world pvp is nothing like vanilla either. I guess it will always be a memory and nostalgia. We will never get back those good old days and it’s time to accept that.

6 Likes

1.12 is the reference patch which means cross realm bg’s are 100% staying

2 Likes

Honor and rank calculations are based on faction per realm. Having crossrealm battlegrounds kinda ruins this as you will be grouping up with and fighting against players from other realms.

What will be next? Cross faction battlegrounds after horde players realise they still have to wait in the queue for hours?

Other than that, what will happen to the server performance? They are at a very poor state already and this will only decrease stability…

2 Likes

So is current itemization, layering, the way they introduce phases, servers cap, etc
no changes its a meme

1 Like

Masses tend to play on dominant faction, especially now that we are tryhards who know how the game works, server only queues is a no win scenario where almost everyone will spend more time waiting for game instead of actually playing