Current M+ format is horrible for the game

Current M+ timed format is just bad for the game. A faster run should be its own reward: you saved time, real time. You say “So people can throw bodies at the dungeon?” Yes … if some players enjoy wiping 50 times during a dungeon run then let them do so. This has been how dungeon worked for a long long time and why they are less punishing than raids.

There is a huge number of players who enjoy slow paced dungeon runs and have no issue wiping and learning from the fight or even taking a break during the run. They’re not necessary bad players just chill player.

M+ should have no timer. Bosses should drop loot normally instead of having a chest at the end so you kill what you can kill. Ultimately, better players will be able to push higher keys and in competitions, there is a dedicated tournament timer anyways to compare speeds. You deplete a key by simply right clicking and selecting"deplete", the key will be demoted to a lower random dungeon key.

Wow needs this so much … people wanna play and have fun defeating tough dungeons, they don’t wanna race under pressure. All this is doing is creating toxicity, making runs too competitive while scaring away people who just wanna play the game at a slower pace. It’s just bad for the game.

21 Likes

Well you still get reward if you fail timer. Nothing stops you from doing “chill run”. Current system is great.

8 Likes

Oh God, this dumb thread again.

A dungeon can’t be hard if you can just kill one un’cc’d mob and crawl through it.

8 Likes

I completely disagree. People might want to progress to more difficult dungeons at their own pace. You’re simply denying them that. “Chill runs” will keep you at lower key levels. Your key gets demoted and people might leave because they are there for a timed “score” while you are there for fun and loot. Tank overpulls because he wanna make timer … someone freaks out because they’re not making it … while other leave and you also can’t replace them. M+ should just be a normal dungeon with a higher difficulty. You finish it, whether it took you 2 days or 30 minutes and you get to choose whether you want to do the next one on higher difficulty.

2 Likes

So you want them to progress to more difficult dungeons by failing to complete dungeon in time? Whole point of m+ is to beat timer.

3 Likes

Exactly, currently the whole point is beating the timer, and that’s why they are horrible for many players. People “failing” are paying the price with their own time, not with yours. They are putting way more effort and time to finish it, what’s bothering you? For many that’s just part of the fun.

1 Like

Well those players should get their head out of their behinds and look up some guides. If they want reward from those dungeons, they should earn it. Timer is there so people shouldnt slog through dungeon killing mobs 1 at a time and getting rewarded for it.

5 Likes

I agree. The only thing the timer does is create a lot of toxicity. Imho having more difficult dungeons but without a timer would feel much better.

11 Likes

And while we’re at it, raid bosses should drop loot even if they repeatedly wipe your group, and we should get conquest for losing BGs and arenas. Who do the people at blizzard think they are for locking meaningful rewards behind challenging content?!

2 Likes

M+ is Mythic difficulty, in theory the hardest content in the game. So yeah, no medals for taking part thanks.

If you can’t beat a timer you still get a chest at the end. What more do you want?

1 Like

And this is why this game has a dwindling population. What do you care about how people earn their rewards? They can earn it with good skill and they can earn it by sinking more time in. That’s how wow works even at Mythic raiding … imagine putting a timer on Mythic raids for each boss … if you don’t kill the boss in time then you don’t get to kill next boss!

Eventually bad players will hit a wall, so rest assured you’ll still finish much higher keys than chill players. They’re not gonna compete with you; just let people have fun.

3 Likes

Most bosses in raids do have an in built timer in the form of dps checks these days. You can’t slouch in at very low DPS and expect to down anything, really.

2 Likes

Wrong. Mythic+ is what keeps plenty of us playing. Boring content and no social aspect is what causes dwindling population. Don’t take bad state of player population to push your agenda when it has nothing to do with it.

5 Likes

Ye,this isnt why game has a dwindling population. This is why game is finally having viewership on Twitch. This is one of best systems since begining of WOW>

4 Likes

I have arguments against yours because that’s how the game works you nor me can’t change that.Also it’s what keeps people playing and engages them to learn to play and push harder to get better gear if you take the :timer_clock: away then people will just rush through the content nobody will learn anything and they will suck forever also they would get bored real fast when they finish all the content.People already communicate less and rush through leveling dungeons to the point that it becomes a chore and we don’t want that in M+.

You really need a timer to play M+? Can’t the prestige be in the highest key you achieved? I agree a timer makes you research things better but it’s also doing a lot of damage to casuals who just wanna chill and play the game and get rewarded for their time investment not just their skill.

I might be open to having a timer at higher keys because at that stage you’re just there for prestige and might as well give you what you want. Right now the timer is just hurting the game.

Of course you do. This’d be like advocating so that the Olympics will start making ‘races’ uncompetitive - “Just run 100 meters at your own pace and claim your gold medal!”

Those who want to progress at their own pace can do untimed mythics. Those who want to get M+ rewards (without competition) can do chill runs with like-minded people in M+ all day long.

There is absolutely no reason why M+ should be dumbed down just because some people don’t like that format. The trick is in finding the people of like mind. Those people farming 10-19’s aren’t hurting you, nor would you be hurting anyone by doing an advertised chill run at your own pace.

If M+ didn’t exist, you’d be back to the old days where Dungeons (Normals > Heroics > Mythic0) is nothing but a spring-board towards raids - no repeat value and a lack of content for those who want to push themselves.

3 Likes

What prestige is there in sheeping 3 mobs and killing the fourth on a high key?

Or lusting and killing one and waiting another 10 min. The whole premise is idiotic.

2 Likes

This is wrong. First, in MDI they have their own timer. 2nd, there IS a limit to what dungeon can you finish with your skill even when you have hours to spend on it. Personally I don’t mind the current format, its suitable for my skill level but it’s not for many players. I can’t expect the average player to be as much invested as I am. I remember being a noob playing with noobs. I remember going to dungeons and wiping and I think if there was a timer back then I might have become demotivated and quit the game.

and that’s alright, those players can go and play Mythic dungeons with no timer.

if you can do “X” in 20 minutes but instead do it in 20 hours sorry but you’re not “chill” you’re bad or <something worse<

again, you have mythic for that :))
not liking M+ is fine, but last thing M+ needs is getting butchered by/for players who dont even do it properly.

Do mythic or raid :)) or mythic raid.

no one is forcing you to do M+. there’s mythic dungeons to suit your needs perfectly, so stop trying to suggest ways to ruin the content.

3 Likes