Current M+ format is horrible for the game

You really need a timer to play M+? Can’t the prestige be in the highest key you achieved? I agree a timer makes you research things better but it’s also doing a lot of damage to casuals who just wanna chill and play the game and get rewarded for their time investment not just their skill.

I might be open to having a timer at higher keys because at that stage you’re just there for prestige and might as well give you what you want. Right now the timer is just hurting the game.

Of course you do. This’d be like advocating so that the Olympics will start making ‘races’ uncompetitive - “Just run 100 meters at your own pace and claim your gold medal!”

Those who want to progress at their own pace can do untimed mythics. Those who want to get M+ rewards (without competition) can do chill runs with like-minded people in M+ all day long.

There is absolutely no reason why M+ should be dumbed down just because some people don’t like that format. The trick is in finding the people of like mind. Those people farming 10-19’s aren’t hurting you, nor would you be hurting anyone by doing an advertised chill run at your own pace.

If M+ didn’t exist, you’d be back to the old days where Dungeons (Normals > Heroics > Mythic0) is nothing but a spring-board towards raids - no repeat value and a lack of content for those who want to push themselves.

3 Likes

What prestige is there in sheeping 3 mobs and killing the fourth on a high key?

Or lusting and killing one and waiting another 10 min. The whole premise is idiotic.

2 Likes

This is wrong. First, in MDI they have their own timer. 2nd, there IS a limit to what dungeon can you finish with your skill even when you have hours to spend on it. Personally I don’t mind the current format, its suitable for my skill level but it’s not for many players. I can’t expect the average player to be as much invested as I am. I remember being a noob playing with noobs. I remember going to dungeons and wiping and I think if there was a timer back then I might have become demotivated and quit the game.

and that’s alright, those players can go and play Mythic dungeons with no timer.

if you can do “X” in 20 minutes but instead do it in 20 hours sorry but you’re not “chill” you’re bad or <something worse<

again, you have mythic for that :))
not liking M+ is fine, but last thing M+ needs is getting butchered by/for players who dont even do it properly.

Do mythic or raid :)) or mythic raid.

no one is forcing you to do M+. there’s mythic dungeons to suit your needs perfectly, so stop trying to suggest ways to ruin the content.

3 Likes

This eliminates the point of M+ entirely. They wanted it to become a 5 man progression system to go alongside raiding for PvE but in order for that to happen then:

can’t be a thing. Adding a timer is the easiest way of giving a sense of progression along with higher health and damage for each level-up on the keystone.

Your suggestion also removes any reason whatsoever for pushing keys unless they add in continous cosmetic rewards from hitting certain keystone levels. Even then the feature itself will be significantly less successful.

That’s fine and all but it won’t be tough at all thanks to how loot is thrown at us at a ridiculous rate. Just like heroics and regular mythics haven’t been relevant far into the expansion since TBC introduced heroic dungeons then the same will happen to M+ if there is no timer to pressure you should you want to reach a higher keystone level.
The only thing that ever will block a player from completing a dungeon without any timer is bosses dealing too much damage to handle or taking so long to kill that you hit the enrage timer thanks to insufficient dps.

2 Likes

You really feel threatened by players who wanna wait for hero for every boss? Maybe they enjoy slow content and CCing mobs or taking hours to finish dungeons… what’s bothering you? They won’t steal your glory, I’m pretty sure you’ll be finishing higher keys than they will. Plus, as I said, adding a timer for higher keys might be alright since it’s just for prestige.

1 Like

On the contrary, this is the type of content that allows people who have done the grunt work to still have something to push for and excel at (without having to wait around for brand new stuff). Those who are not interested in it can stick to standard Mythics or partake in raids. As it stands, there’s two methods for people to gear with. I haven’t raided seriously since WotLK - it is something I consider but not my main interest, meaning I actually have a choice now. Back then, it was raids or bust.

MDI is its own event that is free to house its own rules. Last I checked, we weren’t talking about MDI.

So, what, because someone has less time they feel deserving of more rewards to balance against Joe Soap who has plenty of time?

Hence my point about finding like-minded people.

This has no real relevance - not when there are normals, heroics, mythics, and mythic plus, all waiting for those who want X or Y format.

1 Like

Nothing stops them from doing it. But by doing it, they obviously arent competent enough for higher key and shouldnt go higher.

3 Likes

then go and do it. lmao.
what’s stopping you rn?

what does this even mean :joy:

2 Likes

You’re the one feeling threatened by the timer.

Everyone else is pointing out how you could go about it. Finding like-minded people goes both ways. Those who want to push seriously find similar minded people. If you wanted to take 10 hours clearing Waycrest Manor with friends to enjoy the scenery and handle mobs any way you please AND claim a timed-reward at the end thanks to there always being a chest, you can do so without encroaching on others.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I hazard a guess that nobody holding a contrary opinion to your suggestion is threatened by this topic at all.

I admit that there is a joy in timed runs but it’s also denying slow placed players a lot of fun. I wouldn’t mind having dungeon bosses requiring HPS or DPS requirements like raid bosses, in fact I would like that a lot. It’s the timer imo that’s hurting the game. I’m willing to compromise to have a timer put at maybe 10+ or 15+ because I do admit that there is a positive side to having a timer but you have to admit that it has a lot of negative sides as well.

Nothing says you have to do it within the timer if you want to chill beyond it. I don’t know how many others you’d find who don’t care as well but you can just let the timer lapse or ignore it if you find it too much pressure. The whole point of M+ is that you are up against the clock with extra obstacles.

2 Likes

A dude with a baseball bat is threatening, don’t confuse stupid and threatening.

Also Harira, you misunderstood me. I’m agreeing with what you said and said it myself.

Solution for him then would be to lower the :timer_clock: but remove extra obstacles that way it would kind of balance things out :thinking: but you are right you can’t actually remove the :timer_clock: kind of kills the point of m+ then tbh.

Open up LFG Dungeons - you’ll find tonnes of groups forming ‘for the weekly’ throughout the day. These are people who wish to complete a relatively high key but don’t necessarily care if they do it on time.

Anything below 10 for a half-decent group is not exactly difficult, but if you wanted an even easier ride you could focus on the middle-ground that has one single affix and not a whole lot of scaling. Hell, they even provide 385+War/Titanforged rewards which can compete with higher keys despite being much easier.

2 Likes

Jesus Deja, we’ve talked about so many times -_- dude with a baseball bat is called a baseball player and they’re not out to hurt you -.-

pretty much this.
if you find something hard, you try whatevers easier, instead of trying to ruin and butcher what’s harder.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Today I helped boost some friends by speed-clearing various M0’s - they received 370 rewards. 370 IL on average and you’re primed for timed, even earlier if you’re experienced. I personally levelled this Shaman, started with basic timed-keys (2-4) after 360, farmed 6’s to 380, and am now farming 8-10+ as 400.

That is the joy of this format - it recycles content in an endless setting that gives you an option outside of just raiding - and it’s not like you are being punished in any way by it, outside of the community. I can understand if you’re a bit threatened by the LFG PuG system where Joe Soap is demanding 400IL, 2k RIO score and Curve achievement for a +2 timed Mythic, but as I keep saying, this is the point where you find like-minded people when you know your limit. This cuts out all that drivel and you not only get to do whatever you want at whatever pace you want but you also still gain rewards.

To say that a mode like this hurts the game when it is one of the more popular for those who have done the ground-work and fleshed out their characters to max, whilst also being usable for non-competitive players to also gear up, is laughable at best.

1 Like

That’s what they already do. Well as long as you do end up defeating the boss.

1 Like

You’re the one who misunderstood me, though admittedly i didn’t exactly put it across in a proper manner by quoting your point the way i did. I quoted your point as a way of highlighting it further, while the part right after is me agreeing with how being able to simply CC most and a kill a few, like usually was the case with Shattered Halls HC, means there can’t be a continous difficulty progression without a timer or something similar.

1 Like