Customizable Entropic Embrace skins

The thing is, we’ve seen the problem when that state of affairs is allowed to happen.

And it isn’t by any means all Void Elf as High Elf Fans, but it is enough, and common enough, to start being a real issue.

Or alternatively the attitude of -Some- Void Elf as High Elf players “OMG Someone started a conversation about customisation of a race that isn’t Void Elves as High Elves, How Dare they! Quick, we must derail their thread into talking about High Elves and showing off our mogs”.

And don’t even try to pretend that this doesn’t happen.

So really, as the English folk saying goes, ‘What’s good for the Goose is good for the Gander’ when it comes to that advice, and should be applied in the same way. Void-as-High Elf fans have successfully shut down topics about other race customisation, including one that ironically was about Void Customisations for Void Elves. An attempt was made on the Nightborne one, and again on the Wildhammer one, the Blood and Void Elf combined one got hijacked, by Helf fans -telling- Blood and Void Elf fans what they could have and then saying that -they- should get the options Blood and Void Elf fans were discussing.

It has become almost cult like. You can talk about any Racial customisation you like, as long as it is about Void Elves looking like High Elves.

So you can’t complain when people get sick and tired of this, it could easily have been avoided by the Helf community by simply…letting other people talk as well?

2 Likes

What is the issue, Brigante? That players receive much-desired customizations?

Why should we be sorry for being a majority in the community? The minority should organize themselves, maybe open a Discord server and start being consistent with their requests on the forums, not letting their threads automatically close after 1 month?

This isn’t a social democracy where all of us have to care about each other and tend other races and fight for all races to have equal amount of customizations. I’m sorry if people think this should work that way. It doesn’t work that way. Blizzard is a company, and will listen to the most popular requests of their players. Period. You want more customizations for your Undead? BE LOUD about it! There’s absolutely nothing wrong in posting your suggestions every day if that’s what it takes for Blizzard to listen to you. Be active on Twitter, on Discord, share ideas. BE PASSIONATE about it.

The issue is - they’re not doing it! I don’t see Undead, Tauren or Draenei Discord servers. Why? Why don’t we tell them to start organizing themselves instead of yelling at Void/High Elf fans every time they show their passion about their race on the forums?

Okay, and? That doesn’t have anything to do with me or my thread. I personally haven’t derailed any other threads with elf issues. I don’t appreciate people barging in the thread I open with so much enthusiasm only to be held responsible for CoC violations that I haven’t done ?

You really don’t see how unreasonable it is to treat a whole community of over +800 people for the actions of a few?

This has to stop. Please, people has to stop defaming the whole Velf/Helf community for those few trolls. It isn’t funny, it isn’t appropriate.

And have I done such a thing? Have I ever told anyone they can’t talk about their races? Why do you guys keep bringing this up here as if I were liable for that?

1 Like

Edit: I’m not saying you do this Brigante, or others on EU, but I have seen it be a big trend on the US forums.

I will disagree with this, the ‘‘antis’’ seem to have created a cult instead. Of supporting monstrocities and mouths for eyes and stomachs for Void elves. Which is heavily hypocritical and disgusting seeing how these very same people main blood elf or night elf and would never so much as touch a character looking like this with a 10 foot pole.

Yes there are people who want high elf looks on their Void elf, but isn’t that to be expected given how popular High elves were as request?

1 Like

Don’t recall saying that. In fact if you cast your mind back not even that far now, you will recall that I supported on the forums not only every Void Elf as High Elf customisation to date, but also the ones to be implemented with 9.1.5. I even remember the English expression I used “It’s no skin off my nose” loosely translated as ‘It doesn’t bother/harm me’ and even came up with some extra suggestions for them (I still think Blizz should use that zone between EPL and Zul Aman, you can -get- to it, with some difficulty, but there is nothing there at all, would be perfect for High Elves, just outside of Quel’thalas, like Quel’Lithien Lodge was, has architecture which is a cross between Kaldorei and Thalassian Lodges, it’s even visible as a delineated area on the EK loading screens)

So no, that is not the issue.

That ain’t the problem either.

You’re getting warmer…

Never said -you- had. But some have, and you know I’m right.

That is why I prefaced the original statement by saying things like ‘Some’ and ‘Not all, by any means’

Don’t you think, if this community is as organised as you say, that there is a certain amount of liability for the wilder excesses of that community, and you must ‘expect’ people to go with the common aim and show other’s courtesy?

Because I will be honest with you. On every damned one of those threads, where it was about another race wanting customisation and some High Elf fans have stormed in and twisted the thread to be all about them, do you know the one thing I have never yet seen?

Someone from that community posting going "Guys, Gals, seriously, this isn’t a High Elf thread? We’re talking about X race here for goodness sake! " or “Whoah, guys, you can’t stomp into a thread, say that the races being discussed can’t have the things they want, but that -we- want them as High Elves instead, C’mon?”

So if it is as organised as you say, then act like it. Because it isn’t just ‘a few trolls’ anymore, is it?
I have seen precisely Two threads about different races and customisation that has not been hijacked at some point, or just outright shut down by it suddenly having to be about High Elves. Some people on discord groups are actually saying “There’s no point trying, Brigs, if it gets too prominent it will go the same way as the ‘Customisation for Void Elves and Blood Elves’ thread. Just let them get everything they want, and then maybe the rest of us get to ask for stuff”

And that’s not a positive thing. Wanting to talk about customisation for a race, but trying to ‘fly below the radar’ to avoid getting derailed. How does that help anybody?

You say you want other people to make some noise about their preferred races, but how can they, when their own threads aren’t even allowed to stay about their own racial customisation requests?

Did I ever say that -you- had?

Because as is the way of discussions, it had progressed to people trying to discuss, civilly, -why- there is perceived to be such antagonism, and to try to get people to understand -why- some aspects of -some- of the High Elf fanbase is giving the rest, a bad reputation.
Which, I dunno, if I cared about a cause, I’d kind of want to know, if some folks were tarnishing that cause…

The US Forums be a crazy place, no one knows what is going on there, if it was an ancient map it would just be blank with “Here be Dragons” on it! :smiley:

Ehh, that would imply some organisation. Let us be fair, it’s like when Trump supporters talked about Antifa as some monolithic entity, which it just ain’t. There is no coherent ‘anti’ agenda. Though this said, if there was, I doubt I would be asked to join, as I like coming up with customisation ideas for races, even if I intend on never playing them. Part of the flaw with that assumption is that the very instant you don’t like a -particular- customisation idea, you are instantly ‘A Hater’ and ‘Anti Helf’.

It’s happened in the very last few days, there I am going “Oh, that’s sensible, and allows people to play High Elves, should get some good games out of that at largescale cross faction RP events” “Ooh, have you thought about doing X, that might be very in keeping with High Elves” and “Remember to stock up on Elixir of Tongues, Everyone in lore speaks Common, so your Void Elf or High Elf would be able to understand Orcish (Effectively Common)” But the very instant I go “Oh, no, I don’t like that, come on, you’ve got everything you wanted and said you wanted, maybe some other voices can be heard?” Then instantly someone posts “This is because you have always been anti-helf and hate high elves!”

Like…What?

Someone wants to try and gaslight people as to my entire posting history because I don’t like one idea out of many?

That’s like saying I am anti-Blood Elf and hate Blood Elves because I don’t like San’layn ideas, Dark Ranger ideas or Red Eyes for Blood Elves (Which I don’t, personally, but I know many do). It makes no sense at all.

Yet nobody gives a monkeys. Nobody gives a monkeys that on the long running Quel’dorei as Alliance race thread, you had loads of posts (going back before Voidies got -any- Helf customisations) just going “Give Elves!” “OK, how would that work?” “Give Elves” “OK, here’s some ideas for racials, mounts, look, heritage armour, starting zones, opening quests, potential ‘capital’, and ideas for racial leaders (I still think Renthar Hawkspear would be a better choice than Vereesa bloody Windrunner, at least Renthar -earned- his rank)”

I seriously put more effort into that thread, than any mook just squawking “Giev Silver Covenant!” as their sole contribution.

Yet I deviate from the church of ‘All Helf ideas are good ideas’ Once, and suddenly I hate High Elves, and always have hated High Elves?

You see what I mean about this weird disconnect. Like there is a Dogma you have to follow implicitly, or you are a ‘hater’.

Eww. I mean I say ‘Eww’ but the mouths for eyes thing could work. Hear me out here… There was an Outstanding series of Graphic Novels, called ‘The Sandman’ written by Neil Gaiman. (Apologies if I am preaching to the choir and you have read them) and they have everything, Seven entities who govern all reality, all siblings, Destiny, Death, Dream, Despair, Desire, Destruction and Delight (Later Delirium after the 60’s :stuck_out_tongue: )
It has everything, and crosses our world’s history, as these entities are the Endless, but the stories are mostly about people who cross their paths, It is, in all honesty, one of the greatest works of literature to have come out of the twentieth century. I’d go further, in it’s scope, it is such a story of love, tragedy, hopes and fears, and basic humanity, that I would say in the future, people would look at it like Shakespeare (Who also crops up in some of the stories :stuck_out_tongue: )

Anyway, at the risk of waxing lyrical, which I could do for hours (In fact thank you Thread, Yes I -will- go out and buy all of them and binge read them again today)

There is a terrifying entity in it. He kind of looks normal. Always wears Sunglasses, Called ‘The Corinthian’ (no idea why) He doesn’t have eyes, in his eyesockets are two perfectly normal sets of human teeth instead of eyeballs. He is honestly one of the scariest things in the whole setting.

Now -that- kind of mouths for eyes I could see working, because it is just horrifying in it’s simplicity…

Absolutely to be expected, and I always backed it.

2 Likes

I see you are talking about me here, it came naturally to that topic.

It was “Wildhammer dwarves should have their name displayed” and we started talking that other races should get this as well like Sand trolls and High Elves and it was a nice conversation and my friend shared her transmog to me since we started talking to each other, but of course you took that nice moment and made it into some High Elf cult conspiracy.

You take things too seriously and there is no such conspiracy theory, this reminds me of people who thought that Puny elf had a cult of her friends that were flagging others, no we are just players that want our race to look better…

1 Like

Actually, not specifically, to be honest, yes you did do that, but others have done it long before.

Subjective. To some it was like “Gods, give it a rest, how did we get to this from what was being discussed, can we get back on topic?”. I mean I think -that- suggestion was a daft one, (Just my personal opinion) No one sees your UI if you have a TRP or MRP, and if you don’t Roleplay then in fairness, does it even matter what your UI says?

Quit with the victim mentality also, when you got back on track I actually agreed that your ideas of glyphs for racials was a really good one.

I actually am in a discord with Puny, No organised flagging, lots of cat pictures, tall tales, shaggy dog stories and suchlike. Quite fun really.

You were saying that we literally think “Oh no, we have to ruin this topic with High Elves” which is absurd to me that someone can even think of that.

You are trying to accuse me of derailing their thread when it was on topic, it concerned other races as well, you have spent a big amount of forums to already know that threads can expand and discuss more things than one.

It was you who completely made this thread hateful when it was just about Void Elves and started accusing the OP of making Void Elves High elves when it had nothing to do with that.

Before accusing me look at yourself first.

1 Like

We’re talking possible perceptions here.
I happen to think that the High Elf fanbase is passionate about their subject, which is fine.
I do think sometimes it crosses a line of politeness. Which is not fine.

Be honest. there was a vast chunk where it was just all about High Elves and Mogs. We got back on track, and a good conversation was had, with options and agreement and disagreement, and it turned out that a lot of people didn’t necessarily agree with the original statement, but some did, but that pretty much everyone (myself included) agreed with your suggestion Re: Glyphs.

Boom!

There we go. -That- is hateful? Two suggestions, one that I agree with and have posted ideas about, one that I do not agree with, and cited my reasons for not doing so, and -that- is hateful? Trust me, Sir/Madame, that is me being at best, mildly sardonic, sarcastic perhaps, very few people have garnered my hatred in this life, and certainly no one over something as inconsequential as a computer game forum?

I expressed my displeasure as to one of the suggestions, I am, as I understand it, allowed to have an opinion? Especially if I detail it, as opposed to just “Hurr Hurr, No to High Elves” which used to be the moronic approach to such threads back in the day, unfortunately.

I do still happen to feel the same way. The OP’s initial suggestion, which I liked, was giving something to -actual- Void Elves as Void Elves. The Second one which I disliked, was giving something to Void Elves as High Elves. I thought it unnecessary, and I felt it would be another example of the -actual- playable race being shunted to the side. Which isn’t fair.

You then jumped in and said that I hated Void Elves (or High Elves, could be either at this rate), whereas in fact you will find that I have always supported these customisations. That is the first one I have objected to.

Your instant response?

“You hate Void/High Elves”.

Think you’ll find I have put more effort into thinking about High Elf customisation on these forums than some who claim to love them.

Think you’ll find that I have said, with regards things like braids, feathers and warpaint/tattoos, that these are Thalassian things, so either all should get them, or none should get them.

Something I hasten to add, that some High Elf fans do not like, they don’t want Blood Elves having Thalassian things, they want them just for High Elves. (Which makes no lore sense at all, but hey ho)

With 9.1.5 Void Elves can look like High Elves, finally, after so many years, that battle is won. Good. It took long enough.

You have it. High Elves.

Is that enough?

Apparently not. Apparently now more is wanted, but just for Void Elves as High Elves, not for Void Elves, not for Blood Elves.

That is what annoys me. That is actually what annoys me. I spent years supporting the High Elf cause, and then later Void elf customisations to look like High Elves, and now that battle is won.
I make a post on a thread about customisations for Void Elves as Void Elves and Blood Elves customisation, and what happens?

Void Elf as High Elf players stamp in and say “No, these are High Elf things because Alleria, Void and Blood Elves should not get them, we should have them” Thread dies…

Can you honestly, in your heart of hearts not understand how annoying, no, actually, how much like a bit of a little betrayal that seems? I spent so long championing your cause, now you have it, now I want something, and I am told “No, all of your ideas belong to us, and you should not have them?”

It’s as bad as the rabid “Hurr Hurr, No High Elves” posters. I did not take them seriously, and made mock, so I see no reason why I should not return the favour when the same unpleasant attitude is displayed.

Bad enough that I have to do that in a mirror when shaving every morning to be brutally honest…

Then why bring it here to start with?

This is something you (plural) should address with the culprits in question, not with me.

With “organized” I meant “ organize something to arrange for something to happen””, not that the community as a whole should have control over what 800+ people do on the forums (not including trolls who impersonate Void/High Elf fans to rile up people).

You will never find me doing that, Brigante, I have enough with my life already, I’m not going to moderate the forums for free. That’s why the report system exists - you report it and move on, you don’t feed the trolls.

We do however recommend our Discord members not to create threads unnecessarily. Unfortunately not all of the forum users have joined our Discord servers.

I find this an exaggeration quite frankly. Even if it were true, you report it as spam and stay on topic. Replying to them only makes it worse. Like the High Elf thread, for instance. It would have already been dead if it were not because of your insistence on feeding the one and sole troll who keeps bumping that thread.

Ah, I see. So when it’s High Elfers, it’s derailing, but when you do it it’s discussion progression?

The conversation didn’t “progress” that way, Brigante, you guys did exactly the same thing you’re accusing High Elf fans of - you came in, made this thread about the Void/High Elf community and out of the blue started accusing us of being (literally quoting Brommul) greedy, obnoxious, self-interested attention hogs. Yeah, that sure is civil, indeed.

And quite frankly, I couldn’t care less why certain people have a phobia against Elf threads - I don’t care, I never wanted this thread to be about that, this thread was supposed to give ideas and suggestions about Entropic Embrace skins and customization options.

3 Likes

It’s weird how people have a need for everything to be about themselves, Void/High elves cannot post a single post without other people making it about themselves like do you play a Void Elf? No? Move on, let us talk about our customization.

1 Like

If you equate “waiting” or a request to “let others speak first” with “you’re not entitled to an opinion” then that’s your problem. They are not remotely the same and the fact you have to try and stretch that phrase of mine to mean that, tells me you can’t provide any proof of me saying such people aren’t entitled to an opinion.

The rest of your post is nonsense rambling like you’ve proven what I said is equivalent to silencing people. Me asking you to display some consideration for others and let them air their thoughts before you throw in more requests is not the same as me saying you should be silenced from making those requests.

At the end of the day I never used the words “should” or forced, or the like. I was merely stating a question (hypothetical suggestion) of “how about you…”, which you’re within rights to reply “no”. Such is the joy of questions.

Instead you opt to try and present the mere fact of me suggesting such as equivalent to me trying to censor people. It’s actually hilarious. Whatever next? If someone asks you if you’d mind moving in a train do you view it as people preventing you from sitting where you want?

Nuance. Get some.

1 Like

I’m going to follow my own advice and I’ll avoid feeding the trolls. It’s a good thing these forums have the ignore function.

Tell me, Serena, what kind of Entropic Embrace skins or options would you like to see developed?

I liked Brigante’s suggestions. I think we could have cool glowing tattoos as well.

Void elfs or should I say High elfs still not happy?

Hi!

Thank you for joining the discussion.

Do you have any suggestions for Entropic Embrace?

yes, u should get whatever u want for ur elf , I like ur suggestion. After that I want developers too focus on things that actually improves the gaming experience.

Thank you!!! :hugs::hugs:

Actually, did you know that the developers who focus on game experience are different from the developers who create customizations? They’re two entirely different teams. So new customizations does not mean less content. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest, I wish I could show you exactly what I meant about the whole Chaos magic thing, but I don’t think I can post links. The Muse Video I referenced shows the effect, but not how it relates to a person. Let me see if I can link what I had in mind…
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.writeups.org%2Fmaya-antares-red-star-comics%2F&psig=AOvVaw20AV9B1yOJX_GP3mLyOX1S&ust=1631651998517000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAkQjRxqFwoTCLig9Nfn_PICFQAAAAAdAAAAABAK

1 Like

Damn…no, it just links to the bio of the character, not the particular picture where she uses her magic…

1 Like

Mmm, I only see an image of some woman named “Sorceress-Major Maya Antares”

Not sure that’s what you wanted to show me? XD

Edit: Try copying the source link of the image, by right clicking on it

ye ofc and u should stay first in line , I get it