Dagger in the dark nerf

I would expect you’d be able to get BM off and then a global, although incarn+dagger is another story but incarn+ many things can one shot .

I wonder if they even plan to delete the talent in 9.1.

I’m gonna wait 'til I see it before I’ll believe that.

Aha way to go double warlock :clown_face:

Start of Dagger in the Dark nerf was needed, better the remove.

Still his argument stays. We have 0 changes for Arms, Ret and fire.

While Kyrian got nerfed by 70% and more.

Its a useless talent now. 12 yards means that priests can just press holy nova the instant the debuff gets applied.

And no i dont think it will be possible to “oneshot” as double rogue. Atleast against people with equal gear. The oneshot only really worked against priests. You also needed to sap off his shield. Its very hard to time the attack from both rogues at the exact same time, so the priest should be able to renew his shield by spam pressing it while he is in sap. Also one of the rogues loses the 10% dmg increase from the Night Fae soulbind.

So now that the dagger in the dark talent is useless, then the legendary with 50% dmg increase is gonna be useless and the 10% dmg increase from NF is gonna be useless. No more meme build rogues.

i think the difference will huge, now (after reset) it has worse damage than it was w/o legendary item

Rogues still can Sap before.

So against 1 Person its not a problem to still stack it, if there is a 2nd person with spamable CC it will not so easy, thats a good change.

I hope the damage reduction is enough to kill Dagger in the Dark.

1 Like

… You do know people do the oneshot out of sap to prevent preemptive defensives, right? Kinda hard to holy nova in a sap.

And every other damage multiplier wasn’t nerfed, so only nerfing 1 rogue’s oneshot damage doesn’t stop them from hitting at the same time for basically the same effect as 1 rogue could do earlier on his own.

Sap has a shorter range then holy nova though, so they have to shadowstep sap if they are running the dagger in the dark build. And if they do that the partner should be able to break them out form stealth.

That doesn’t mean you can get 'em out. You can time holy nova to exactly when you get sapped and you still won’t get 'em out. Try it yourself and see.

No.

Sap is 15 yards and Holy Nova is 10 yards.

Oh, it’s 15? Thought it was 10. Holy nova has a 12 yard range btw. Anyway, either way, you can’t time holy nova to that small difference anyway even if sap has a shorter range. Combined with the passive run speed, you basically can’t get a rogue out even with a perfectly timed holy nova when they spam the sap button with their run speed, no matter what.

No guys, this nerf is enough to stop oneshot 100%

From 1 rogue. Not from 2.

The debuff gets consumed by the first Rogue anyway.

But yes Evis and Fnatic can probably still do it, albite will lose more often because people get a bit more room to react and prevent it.

Should have flat out nuked the talent in my opinion, even before 9.1. I hope it vanishes into nothingness with 9.1.

1 Like

Where do you get that from?

On wowhead it says sap 10yard holy nova 12.

No, it is not.

Funny WoWHead for me is saying Holy Nova 10 yards and Sap 15.

Sap
15 yd range
Instant

Requires Rogue

Requires Stealth

Incapacitates the target for up to 8 sec. Must be stealthed. Only works on Humanoids that are not in combat. Any damage caused will revive the target. Only 1 target may be sapped at a time.

https://imgur.com/LgPK1SO
Just made it in the game.

Dunno where you got that from, its listed under npc abilities :slight_smile: