Dark Ranger as a new hero class / skin

So I’ve had some talk about Dark Rangers with some people lately and then I thought to myself ‘‘What if they could become a hero class?’’.
In addition, this would open a new, 3rd mail wearing class, which I think many people have been wanting to see happen.

Eligible races for Dark Ranger class:

Alliance

• Night Elf
    Sylvanas’ risen Night Elf Dark Rangers should’ve (and still can…) rejoin their living loved ones, it would make the most sense, and I believe that’s what the Night Elves wanted at first, but it seems they were under Sylvanas’ will so they did not want to. There’s still time to change this.

Horde

• ’Blood’ Elf
    In reality we know those Dark Rangers were never Blood Elves, but High Elves. They, however, have been part of the Horde along with the rest of the Forsaken from the beggining. They share Blood Elf models too so them being a Blood Elf class would visually not change a thing. Their eyes would even be red anyway, not blue or green.

• Undead
    This one would probably not happen… not because it is more rare for an Undead Human to become a Dark Ranger, but because no 2nd Alliance race comes to mind, and we don’t want hero class unbalance to happen.

Thank you for reading, feel free to share your ideias on this topic. How could they implement this or what could be different, or even a race I’m missing that you think could be one somehow with some lore backup :black_heart:

Edit 1: Humans could be added to Alliance as a counterpart to Undead on Horde and remove the ‘‘Elf exclusive’’ that so many people are against.

Edit 2: Reposting here a reply I’ve given in this thread that I think is important:

• If you don’t like the hero class ideia that’s super fine, but people have been wanting Undead Elves since before we even had Pandaren.
    It is possible to add them in many different ways:
    1 - Dark Ranger hero class
    2 - Alternative skin for Undead or Blood Elf (and even Night Elf?)
    3 - Quest chain for Blood Elf Hunters to become a Dark Ranger themselves
    4 - Undead High Elf allied race
    5 - Whatever is in your mind that you could share
  • If they do go with this Dark Ranger ideia, again, we can expand it to like Human and Undead and not just Elves, or they could even pull more races for it in some way.

I never stated that I am against other new additions such as Tinkers or Necromancers as I’m all for new options.
And I’m also not against more, let’s say, Dwarves, Trolls, [insert here your favourite race].

So please before outraging on more Elves consider making a topic with your non-Elf related ideias and I can go there speak my mind and give my support

17 Likes

This won’t happen. We are getting a Tinker. (unfortunately…)

4 Likes

Where is this stated?

2 Likes

Nowhere yet. But trust me… You will regret you doubts.

3 Likes

Some leak stated we’ll get tinkers but it also stated there will be a necromancer ‘skin’ for warlocks. If the latter is true then there’s hope hunters will get a ‘dark ranger’ skin.

Well I certainly hope it’s Dark Rangers(Or Shadow hunters, could work either way really). I much prefer over it Tinkers. Besides I think Void elf could also be an eligible race.

4 Likes

I’d hate another class that could be played only by elves … doesn’t look fair to me.

Some of us can’t stand playing them.

11 Likes

I thought this could be an issue but many more people enjoy playing them than not.

Main reason for this though is because they are the races that make sense lorewise.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s not like I don’t get you, lorewise I can’t refute you, just like with DHS. It’d still not be fair having an elves-only race 'cause not too long ago we had the very same situation.
That thing with undeads could just be enough to please everyone.

4 Likes

Undead would be fair, problem is finding a 2nd perfect Alliance race to fill the role :frowning_face:

1 Like

I could make an argument for Worgen fitting the bill, since they’ve been in war with the Forsaken for so long. It’s hard for them to not pick up on their fighting styles I suppose. Fight fire with fire mentality.

1 Like

True, I can’t come up with anything but, seeing how they write lore lately, they could surely think something up.

1 Like

I’d rather them not add any more classes tbh.

Even the current ones have a lot of problems with their design already + balance isn’t really that good right now so adding another class is gonna make that even worse.

1 Like

You know they can do it without the undead nelf thing. They can just call them something else, like you call a goat paladin a Justicar or a Zandalari paladin a … prelate, was it?

Humans? Dark Ranger is basically an undead variant of the High Elf ranger. One of which was a human; Nathanos.

Or even Alliance undead; Calia’s followers.

3 Likes

I think this could work, you made me think of the possibility of Calia staying Alliance and bringing in some Undead Human Dark Rangers, as they’d pretty much have the freedom to choose to go with living Humans or stay with the Forsaken.
The difference would be in the model… Undead Human Dark Rangers would have the Human model on Alliance and Undead model on Horde.

1 Like

Dark Ranger could be customization option for forsaken. Or something like allied race, but not new race, just forsaken sub race. And other core races could also get sub races as customization. Like diffrent tribes for trolls, clans for orcs and dwarfs. Allied races shouldn’t be just reskins of core races.

1 Like

Me in Legion : ‘‘Wouldn’t it be cool if we had like … a engineering class? kindof like a tinker, or a race that was like small foxes, like gnomesized or something? probs will never happen i know’’

Blizzard : :slight_smile:

Me : :open_mouth:

Anyways im on the tinker train pretty much, would be cool as a gnome & goblin exclusive class like demonhunters

2 Likes

yes next xpac high elves should be added with the new hero class ranger which is only available to high elves in the alliance and forsaken in horde. if they think that ppl get mad that high elves look too much like BELVES to be considered a core race, then simply do what u did to kul’thirans, the NPC look like generic belves with blue or violet eyes but the PLAYABLE ones will have a unique look, albeit with blue eyes and blond hairs preserved.

Apologizes but Undead High Elves are Horde since day 1…
I don’t want this to become a ‘‘High Elf allied race’’ thread, please :raised_hand:

1 Like