Dark Ranger customizations

This game has never nor will ever be balanced.

It’s not shadow it’s necromancy they use and that would be good enough, just a skin is a poor excuse.

A lot of Dark Rangers were abandoned when Sylvanas left and feel no loyalty to her specifically.

Ah ok. But do we have the means to make more?

As far as I am aware, it’s a “big d necromancy” type move, as it was Arthas whom raised the first one (Syvl) by using a ritual to have the banshees elves become forced into their own corpses permanently as well as giving them some new dark powers, and since then I believe more have appeared only because of Sylvanas’ making them?

If I’m wrong I’m totally willing to stand corrected. I know the game has shown us quite a few of them (Hillsbrad) but as far as I know at least they’re not something that can be made by typical Forsaken means due to the juice required.

I mean it’s always possible players could just play one of those that “already exists” I suppose, similar to Illidari, it may require some lore clarification like they did however (like how we learned Illidan had actually trained an army so as to justify the amount of DHs there would be).

Personally if a new class is to be added I’d like to see a non “dark magic” one, as the last one was similar to this (and similarly elven) although this doesn’t make the request less reasonable for those who want it. But if added yeah it would need to be a new class or specific to hunters and maybe rogues as dark ranger mages for example simply aren’t a thing.

We already have way too many specs in the game, let’s not further destroy balance. These customizations could be simply earned with a questline just like green fire for Warlocks that would give you new customization options and new ability visuals, etc.

I just wish we had this option for death knights.

I am suprised we didn’t get anything for DKs with the new customizations except the updated eye glow visual.
My hopes are still up tho, i would love new eye glow colors (orange-ish, red, green, white), maybe a new skin aswell, dragon fire burned like Bolvar’s.

It could be easily explained that after the battle of Wrath Gate and defeat of Arthas, Bolvar raised the fallen and burned soldiers at the wrath gate.

Many people have suggested this before.

1 Like

Somebody even made mock-ups of how it could work in the character creation screen if ‘subraces’ became a thing!

1 Like

I’m all for it. Either as customisation or a new class.

2 Likes

I would realllly love to have my DK to get those red glowing eyes…plz blizz make it happen, pretty plz…

1 Like

Almost 3 years.

Hoping to get at least something new for the Nightborne.

Seems Blizz likes you Jak.

Wish something for Nightborne too, maybe it will happen.

I’d love to look like a dark ranger but i dont think its ever gonna happen. Only if blood elf hairstyles and colors would be given to void elfs…which im not saying should ever happen :wink: but lets say what if that would happen. Then we blood elves should start demanding something special just for us which could be to look like a dark ranger, but i’d also want the shadowy attack style then too :slight_smile:

Undeads should have the option to get elf ears.

Nah I was just asking for something that was gonna come anyway.

I did. But I don’t think it will come soon. Maybe it will come in Shadowlands or before it

Brooo… Would be amazing!
Having the same racials as forsaken. Would be so barbaric to see the blood elf model eating a corpse :smiley:

And completely agree, lock it to non-magic users (with the exception of DK maybe).

1 Like

Perhaps I worded the title wrong. Instead of saying “Dark Ranger skin” I should have said “Undead elf” skin.

Oh well

2 Likes

Right now they’re relegated to a single armor. Nighthold set for hunters, especially the Mythic version with red eyes.

Does it have a low drop rate? RNG hates me

I might try to get the Green version

It’s Legacy Loot, so it’s not that bad. LFR is easily soloable with max level, other difficulties… it depends how geared your character is. Also, I’m pretty sure there are transmog farming groups in LFG all the time.

Alternatively you can buy a PvP version for 12 Marks of Honor.

Forgot to add that it also shares look with off-set items from Emerald Nightmare, so you can farm those two raids for 2x chances. Plus try to get coins for rerolls to make it even easier.

Nice idea, but i dont think this happen. Dark Rangers are and always was with Sylvanas, not the horde, or blood elves.
Not every race or subrace in wow should be playable, that will be a mess.