Dark Rangers in Stormwind City - RP

Yes, and The Horde will hold hands with the guards and sing about tolerance and how the orcs aren’t evil and are only sad.

It makes as much sense as making a pirate character and then walking out in plain sight in Boralus with a jolly Roger’s flag on your back. But hey, no guard will go go apesh*t on a pirate in Boralus if that Pirate does not aggrevate the guard.

The Iron Tide can come for diplomatic reasons and the guard will call a superior and from there on it will be decided if the pirates are allowed to enter or has to leave.

Only in case of aggression will a guard attack and possibly kill a pirate.

1 Like

Why is poor Joe no linger fit to serve as a guard?

Do I need to see something happen in order to make up a hypothetical scenario based on the simple fact the majority of the dark rangers in Stormwind claim to not be part of the Horde?

This is true. They certainly did not throw Jaina into prison the moment she appeared in Boralus under the guise of an envoy from the Alliance.

4 Likes

Then tell me why guards IMMEDIATELY attack you, the champion who saved the world many times over, if you go into the Alliance cities on a Horde character.

Poor Joe the Guard will be brought in front of Commander Stephen. Commander Stephen happened to have lost his daughter while she was defending Stormsong Valley during the Fourth War.
Commander Stephen will let Joe the Guard go without punishment because he´s actually quite happy that there is one less filthy undead elf in the world.

4 Likes

All my characters are in 2 guilds;

Seventh Seal (on Horde) and The Storm Reserve (on Alliance)

but I clearly have secret PCU alts according to some.

3 Likes

I am only in one guild
That doesn’t even go into the city anymore

But I MUST have some sort of secret sleeper agent in a PCU guild according to those lot.

I’ve seen horde characters get mauled on sight when they enter Stormwind or any other Alliance settlement.

is there some other Alliance I don’t know about of which you speak?

Oh, I’m in the super secret Discord…

apparently…

Despite never being in a PCU guild.

I can’t possibly have come to the same conclusions as they have on my own, oh no.

1 Like

The misery.

1 Like

Yup and now the Alliance has to answer to the new Horde council as to why one of their people got slaughtered without aggrevation. The 5th war is well on it’s way with this kind of logic.

That’s for gameplay reasons. Anyone who has read the lore will know that it doesn’t go down like that without valid reason. Horde and Alliance have been together on and off on multiple occassion and even shared spaces as enemies, yet still remained respectful.

Cause when you start killing someone cause another someone who looks like that someone that killed your loved ones, then you are unable to do your job properly. If a blood elf killed your family and you see a high elf then we cannot just start murdering them cause they look alike.
You’re a respected SW guard and not a us police officer.

I also recommend people to look at the US forums and see their discussion on the topic. It’s a big read but very interesting points they make.

Joe the Guard sounds like a G tbh, n well within his rights to accidently with his buddies stab a DR to death and again accidently come up with a story that said DR had attacked them first with vile unholy magic, looking to possess their bodies and infiltrate the holy city of Stormwind, lights be praised, long live the King.

Infiltrating an enemy city is in fact aggrevation i’m afraid

5 Likes

But that’s literally also why you don’t see guards rushing down Dark Rangers on Alliance.
Gameplay constraints

It’s why they don’t instantly zerg a DK’s undead minion or a warlock’s demon, when realistically they would.

2 Likes

Someone tell the NPCs that attack me when I go near Alliance settlements this when I’m on my Horde characters.

1 Like

Stepping into enemy territory is begging for trouble, they have every right to attack.

6 Likes

Why would we care about the US forums on the EU forums?

2 Likes

Except Velonara literally says she doesn´t know whether or how Dark Rangers will be accepted in the Alliance. Seems like the Horde is content in letting them die if they wish to join the Alliance.
Also, why should Horde be angry about its citizens getting killed when those Dark Rangers want to be Alliance? Should Horde start another war because a Thalassian elf who joined the Alliance was imprisoned by Stormwind guards and executed?

4 Likes

Why didn’t this individual send word ahead?
Why wouldn’t the Council send a member (they usually do, Baine would go) to speak with the Alliance?
Why would they send a Dark Ranger/Darkfallen?

2 Likes

I just dont get this idea that Alliance and Horde enter eachothers cities casually, as nobody non lore figures, rp’ers, and are cool? no, your getting chopped to pieces guy.

1 Like

I dunno, it sounds like the Horde should answer to the Alliance for sending random corpses to their cities. They are breaking the armistice by walking around Stormwind, after all.

Joe the Guard has served king and country valiantly for almost thirty years now, his commanding officers know the pain and suffering he has felt - Hans the Guard Commander originally came from Lordaeron before going into exile, but lost his entire family when Theramore was destroyed. His wife had been strung up in Orgrimmar and used as target practise. And both of them know high elves are valiant members of the Alliance.

This is true. That is why both of them took action when a potential soldier of the Horde decided to show up in Stormwind.

american servers

2 Likes