Darkshore Contribution // Rewards

Just gonna put this here in case people are interested / just havent read the news : EU is currently at 80% contribution, up from 51 yesterday (so 29 % in 24 hours, which would roughly mean it gets done sometime tomorrow). However it was pointed out last Qa that should Warfront start before raid opens, its reward wont scale up for its entire duration, until next warfront lockout, which means, if people contribute tomorrow, next two weeks will offer Darkshore quest/wb with 385 ilvl reward, if people dont contribute tomorrow, and wait for wednesday to do that (losing 1.5k azerite, granted), EU gets 400 ilvl quest/ worldboss the moment warfront is up and running. seems like a win to me :smiley:

2 Likes

It apperently grows without contributions. So you can’t stop it. Contrubtions just speed up the process. Also some people claim that rewards won’t scale up until next warfront cycle and not lockout.

1 Like

Last Qa they said warfront wasnt linked to a specific lockout but to wether raid was open when lockout starts. also, contributions are at least half of the rate, since we didnt get 30% per day the last week, more like 10. with 10% tomorrow we would still get warfront wednesday, along with upgraded rewards, instead of one more Uldir-level lockout.

1 Like

Was wondering when someone would post this. It looks like it will be done tomorrow though at this rate.

When they announced that Alliance would be getting the Darkshore warfront on release my first thought was ‘yeah, but who will end up getting the first one with the upscaled rewards’ and I would have bet money on it being the Horde.

4 Likes

Qft.

We aren’t the Horde, therefore it’ll be done before reset.

1 Like

Blame the Horde for alliance contributing
 something smells fishy

2 Likes

Who’s blaming the Horde? You just play the game, you didn’t make it.

“We aren’t the horde so it’ll be done before reset” sounds a lot like “horde bias”

I think that contributions don’t matter. It is predetermined when the warfront will open. Just as incursions are.

Blizzard is only giving us false feeling that we actualy contribute but in fact it is Blizzard who fills the bar.

My statement might be wrong, but there is no evidence speaking for that. Look at the Broken shore contributions, still happening at the same rate, eventhough many players are no longer interested in these.

I just hope for fairnes. It would suck to see it opened an hour before reset.

That’s because it is, the devs have always favoured the Horde. They mostly play(ed) Horde. Metzen was a running joke because of what he made Thrall, his pet character, into. Hell, even their band’s Horde. It’s no secret.

Unpacks all his Alliance chars to do all contribution dailies
Jokes aside, the minimal rate of contributing I’ve seen was ~10-12% per day, this seems to be the autofill rate. Blame your faction for contributing so fast.

This is funny cause NA alliance is obviously better at holding their stuff then EU since they won’t get their warfront until after Wednesday. Can’t blame Horde bias when it’s just EU alliance being bad at this compared to their NA counterpart

2 Likes

Its that 30% rewards buff.

1 Like

well it depends wil it count already, or not before the 29th, as same as the mythic cashe is doing, if so, then horde gets the 400 ilvl items first.

Both.
It will scale with the first cycle that begins after the lockout. This to prevent people from getting screwed by the lockout. Imagine darkshore go ally this morning: you do it today->385, do it tomorrow->400

So they postponed the scaling on the next cycle.

If by some miracles it will cycle to ally EU after tomorrow morning, we’re getting 400.

I much prefer to just be helplessly screwed. /s

While I would be happy if we manadged to postpone the attack on Darkshore untill Wednesday, I’m afraid “the cycle” has already started by Horde taking the area and the next switch is actually Alliance winning the assault.

pretty certain that it is time-gated, the contribution is just more or less an illusion :slight_smile:

In all honesty, as far as fairness is concerned, it’s better if the alliance finish the contribution today, so the quest rewards are 385, making it inline with the max ilvl from M+ and normal BoD. If this happens, then the horde will be the 1st to get a 400 quest reward, but only a week after Mythic BoD opens. So the Heroic progression in week 1 and the Mythic progression in week 2 wont be affected by DS reward at all. I know, the Horde will get the higher ilvl reward 1st again, but it will not affect the PvE progression in the 1st two weeks.

The PvE and heroic progression would be affected just as same as it was Uldir progression when battle for Stromgarde was available for the first time.

Only this time, Alliance would be the faction that would gain the benefit.

I think that this is more fair.