Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

We are having issues on frostmane. We have an alliance mythic raiding guild (cleared all content) and we are struggling to recruit because:

• our server is dead and not currently connected to anything
  • people are reluctant to pay money to transfer to a dead server
  • people are reluctant to transfer from horde to alliance
  • consumable prices for raiding such as food, pots, etc are extremely high due to our demand and nobody to supply them
  • majority of alliance players have moved to the alliance mega servers due to the better conditions on them
1 Like

Maybe we all smell or something need a group sauna !!

2 Likes

I just wondered why you’d need to recruit if you have already cleared everything?

Your Zin’anthid is only 5g more expensive then Silvermoon which is high Alliance. Your anchor weed prices are ouch though along with flasks!

1 Like

485 posts and not one blue one :frowning_woman:

2 Likes

Despite not playing on the english realms, I can totally relate to your problem. I play on a realm that has (according to WoWProgress) not more than 68 alliance players, and 2300 counting both factions, which makes for a pretty poor gaming experience, restricting a lot the things you can do.

Don’t understand why Blizzard hasn’t done or said anything yet, even more considering during past blizzcon (8 moths ago!) they stated that new info on realm connections would be released really soon.

It is really depressing not being able to make friends and form a guild, as well as just being able to use the auction house decently.

2 Likes

I guess the longer they ignore it for the more people will pay to fix their situation - which isn’t fair… not to mention players that have all their alts on the dead realm too.

5 Likes

it is starting to get silly, the server I am on there is 53 guilds who done atleast 1 boss in Nyalotha, of those 35 done something on heroic, could argue that it is fine, and to some extent it is, until you realice, oh Kilrogg is connected whit nagrand and runetotem, and you realice how low that number is.

if you look at silvermoon, there is 370 guilds who done heroic this patch, and 475 guilds who atleast killed 1 boss on normal.

the difference is huge, considering Kilrogg is not dead yet eighter, and there is lots of people arround alliance side, horde is in bad state, even they are got the top guild on server for now atleast.

thing is servers should be as I said before, be connected in to clusters of 10 to 15 servers, all whit alliance majority in them, then give horde free transfers off, and at same time connect horde majortiy servers in to big clusters also.

and if not do that, then connect 15 servers whit eachother, and at same time remove restrictions from what faction you are instead, what also would make things way better than now for pretty much everyone, exept those haters of the idea, what is a minority anyways.

3 Likes

Completely agree.

Now I am even starting to think they don’t make the connections on purpose, so they can keep getting paid for not fixing things - which in my opinion is really gross, and it leaves much to be desired of a company constantly making movements to have a “clean image”

3 Likes

Exactly that ,they done it in MoP they could do it again . They were told in MoP those connections even then were not enough 6 years later realms still suffering .

3 Likes

The thing is I am spamming Ion Twitter account (@WatcherDev in case you want to pay him a visit :wink:) on a monthly basis praying that he will reply.

I find hard to believe that in blizzcon this same topic was asked about, and he replied something on the line “Soon, not soon™, but it will be really soon, we have discussed this a lot”. And here we are, 8 months after and no word whatsoever :upside_down_face:

1 Like

whats worse than 485 posts with no real answer?

492 posts with no real answer!! :smiley:

not sure if i’ve said this before, but i was going to tally every server from wowprogress so we could get a number of:
A) how many guilds have done what level of raiding,
B) the difference between Horde and Alliance guilds doing raids,
C) the number of guilds per server,
D) the number of players raiding,
E) the number of players raiding, divided between Horde and Alliance,
F) the number of players/guilds spread out across the regions, and their Horde:Alliance ratio: EU, US, Oceanic, Taiwan & S. Korea. obviously we wouldn’t be able to do ANY numbers on China because there is none :s

while this data would ALL rely on wowprogress and how they get their numbers, it would have been an interesting snap shot of the game at large, and why people FEEL the game is in a bad place.

while all input is valid, it is a bit redundant a horde player on Draenor, or and alliance player on Silvermoon saying the game is great and always populated and they cant see what we’re crying over.

it would also show the health of the games maybe best feature over the years: raiding. and in turn, show the health of the game per region. because its pointless having 100M players in the eastern market, if the EU market only had 30K players. saying the game has 4.5M~ players doesn’t clear anything up, it just paints a false narrative that the game is perfectly healthy.

so, i started on the data… but i had got to the 10th top server in EU and saw the work i had ahead of me, and also with the knowledge that blizzard will completely ignore this. it took me 4-5 months to do a similar spreadsheet at the start of last year, and a year on, my hard work has not resulted in ANY resolution by blizzard.

to that end, i will NOT be doing such a data review now, and i am sorry i am going back on my word in that regard, but i have to face facts that blizz dont care about us, and as such, why should i waste many hours of my personal time doing this. especially when blizzard probably already has access to such data already in database formats.

i will however keep pushing this thread whenever i have an active sub, which will not be constant, i tell you that now!

1 Like

I came from xavius which is connected to skullcrusher and al akir, even together theyre completely dead, only 6 guilds have done heroic nya and above. i eventually moved to a ‘high’ pop server and it feels like a completely different game. I have multiple 120s still on my old realm that ive spent a lot of time on and it makes me want to just give up on the game and maybe look for one with a more community driven dev team.

2 Likes

End of the tier now, so sure, there’s no demand now. But during progression there was massive issues with herbs (83g each). At many points there were no consumables at all available.

A few times we had people transfer alts from servers with cheap consumable prices, to bring large amounts over into our server (eg. 100k herbs).

Our roster has decreased in size and we only just have enough players to raid. We are not able to bring new people in, so we are close to the point were we are not able to raid.

3 Likes

Remember that you can do x-realm raids now :slight_smile: You might want to look at joining or setting up a community; it won’t have benefits like guild heirlooms and hearthstones, and people won’t be able to trade food or flasks, but you could at least form a raid team.

It’s not as good a solution as, say, x-realm guilds would be, however. It’s shocking that this still has not been done. Nobody cares about server progression or rankings, Blizz need to stop getting stuck on that and just let players interact.

1 Like

This! Like I said before I have several high level toons 100+ on frostwhisper that I don’t want to just give up and leave but I’m not paying the ridiculous amount to transfer them all.

I have a couple of 120s on high pop servers but having this ‘divide’ between my characters that I have spent a lot of time on over the years literally makes me stop playing the game sometimes.

Like I said I’m an altaholic so I have a Druid “main” but I do enjoy playing other classes and specs so sometimes I will want to play a character that’s stuck on a dead server like this paladin and after a while it’s just depressing.

Like I said I have paid for a couple of transfers but I refuse to anymore and been on a dead server literally makes me cancel my sub

So Blizzard, I know your reading this even though you don’t have the decency to reply but people are actually quitting the game over this so while you gain some money on character transfers you also lose money on people been fed up and quitting over it

2 Likes

I have linked this thread on another thread:

4 Likes

i noticed.

also noticed the blue make 2 FURTHER replies, while ignoring you :sob:

3 Likes

The thing is that this is not a new suggestion or anything.

It has been requested for years, and is something that they PROMISED they would do almost a year ago. All we ask is a little reminder to the developers, so they can at least say “hey we are working on it”, and not being completly ignored 500 posts in.

2 Likes

i had to do it…

500th!!! :rofl:

Is there not a well known streamer or someone that you can approach?

Just keep at it they can’t ignore the problem forever.

2 Likes