Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

i did try to contact taliesn from T&E while he was streaming on twitch shortly after he got the pvp riverbeast mount in S1 (was it?) but he ignored me. so, that would have been what, 18 months ago?

i dont know who would be the best person to ask, but because i dont have twitter i would be reliant on twitch, and i’ve seen twitch chat just seems to be on constant scroll with emojis.

but it would have to be the right person. both big enough for blizz to listen, but also not someone that would divide us.

i could say asmongold for example, and a number of people would actually forget the cause of dead servers, just to hate on him.

i thought T&E would be a nice middle ground, but i dont know these days. i like them, and think they’re fairly funny, but i do think they’re beginning to lean a little too much on blizz’s side recently.

i just dunno tbh :frowning:

1 Like

Bellular maybe or even Preach?

2 Likes

I was going to suggest Bellular - not a fan of his personally, but he does do news report style things about issues so this might be up his street? Could be worth contacting him. He certainly doesn’t have a problem bashing on Blizzard!

5 Likes

I would not exactly call my server (Aggramar/Hellscream) dead yet. But trying to recruit enough people to raid has been SUCH a pain. I dont know its due to a lack of people or people just cant be bothered with guilds anymore.

Imo the only long term solution is to make guilds crossrealm and create one big cross realm auction house.

1 Like

Or maybe even a gaming reporter like Gamespot or someone? (I know there are others but don’t remember off the top of my head).

1 Like

i spose i could try them maybe.

preach i used to watch, but as i dont raid now, im not really his target audience.

bellular maybe, but im not sure how blizz are treating him these days because he seems to be calling blizz out on stuff a lot (and rightly so!).

i could try both if i ever see them on twitch. does bellular even twitch actually?

1 Like

They used to give free transfers in the past… they could do this easily.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BellularGaming

https://twitter.com/PreachGaming

You could start there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

twitter needs a phone to make an account and i dont have a phone.

no, seriously :rofl:

1 Like

Hmmn I don’t have a mobile and I am on there.

2 Likes

really? maybe its a new security feature, like i’ve noticed google sometimes wont let you make a new account without a phone number.

i will look at it again then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I am a dinosaur - I hate phones haha

2 Likes

I cant include links yet in my post but I just tweeted and tagged both Bellular and Preach and linked to this topic.

3 Likes

You can use the preformatted text option :slight_smile:

Just type it out then select it and apply the option.

2 Likes
https://mobile.twitter.com/HansWijfje/status/1273991313512443906

There we go!

3 Likes

Had to edit it for pc:

It looks blank but the link works.

1 Like

I know a lot of streamers (like Preach) will be very focused on the Shadowlands alpha at the moment, but I hope that content creators would be able to understand and appreciate how difficult it is for people on low pop realms to feel excited about a new expansion they might not really be able to play due to a lack of people to play with.

Cross realm communities are helping, friends on different realms are great. But guilds and economies are realm based and those two things can make a huge difference to your gameplay experience. I’m lucky that my guild still has enough people to raid weekly - but this is the only time in all of BfA that I’ve been able to say that. I am worried that, if Shadowlands is like BfA at the start, then many will drop off and we’ll be back to desperately looking for people to fill raid spots.

3 Likes

He calls them out a lot - but he also praises them when they actually implement things he agrees with and supports, and when he’s actually enthusiastic about a change, that comes across very clearly.

Personally I think we’d benefit from more of the big youtube presences being willing to call Blizzard out on terrible decisions (and cases where they’re ignoring problems and players in the hope that they’ll go away).

4 Likes

yup, you have to call things out when wrong, but also praise when they get things right.

there are a small number of things that have bugged me fore years, and i will not give an inch with the critizism i give.

however, something like the AH overhaul i think has been LONG overdue, and i do think credit is due for it, and have said as much.

3 Likes

Up you go, for supports sake and because I still have friends on AZ/QT which is another dead server and nothings been done about it.

Y’all are going to need to spam Watcherdev on twitter so he knows, social media is pretty much the only place they listen to anything these days.

4 Likes