Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

Its really weird the whole thing just stopped and not a single word about future plans.

3 Likes

“Realm Connections” btw. LOL. Honestly, switching between realms for my alt characters, I can see tons of low pop realms in the list. They did a great job, didn’t they :smile:. Ah man… Khadgar is in such a sad situation tbh.

1 Like

Lets hope they revisit when things calm down

3 Likes

Things are VERY calm here :smile:

2 Likes

I used to play on dragonblight for like 10 years(Vanilla-Cata). Every single person I ever knew playing this game is gone. One guy who I knew from back then is still playing but on another server… sad times had alot of good times with my old guild(s)

its hard returning to the game and all ur friends are gone.

4 Likes

You know its dead when the realm forums have nothing but locked threads and no activity

3 Likes

Their free transfers haven’t done much.
Not surprising, not like people going to transfer entire guilds or leave their guild on mass. Probably also thinking: “others will transfer”.

And from what little I see people transfer they all went to healthy servers (understandably so) so no low populated server benefited from it.

2 Likes

Because you had the ability to go from High/Full servers to other High servers. Of course nobody wanted to move to low/medium if there’s an option called high. And why would anyone go for less? When High servers in the past have died over 1-2 expansions.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Reminds me of my realm’s history. I read that Khadgar was High and crowded in Vanilla, but then in TBC… guild drama happened with world bosses. They bought transfers and left the realm. And so it is that this realm’s condition has been miserable ever since. Sadge.

Blizzard HAS to do more connections or give us transfers, many realms are dead right now.

2 Likes

Yes, and not only that, some realms are so overcrowded they barely function. Like Draenor. I don’t blame people insisting on going to the largest, when there isn’t regular population management from Blizzard side. Nobody want to see guilds, friendships and communities break up, because a server loses half of its raiding guilds each expansion due to players leaving the game etc.

2 Likes

Bump o’ the day

2 Likes

Stormrage/Azuremyst as usual pretty dead.

3 Likes

Khadgar too, at least it has the required life for the needed work.

1 Like

There is literally no downside (besides queues, which haven’t been a thing past week 2) to being on a super high pop server. Especially with how ridiculous legendary crafting has gotten.

2 Likes

I’m on a “full” server and didn’t see a single queue over SL launch.

Though I’m aware that some where more or less offline for 7-10 days, which is pretty unacceptable. Blizz do need to have population control on some things, such as you can’t transfer to a “full” realm unless you have a max level character there already. It would mean that people who seriously want to (e.g. to play with friends) could make the effort and play an alt for a week to then transfer their main, but people going there without affiliations would be deterred and probably go elsewhere.

But yeah, other than knowing that you may/will have several days unable to login at expansion launch, high pop doesn’t have a downside. Of course people move to them. People want to play with people!

(Hint for Blizz; cross realm, and ideally cross faction, guilds make it all go away!)

1 Like

also, 235 legendary pieces. Concretely, the choice for my friends on low pop german realms is to transfer to a high pop realm or to never afford their 235 legendary. There are not enough materials on the AH for one crafter to learn to make a r4 legendary on his server, if he could afford them at all.

Meanwhile my 235 cloth bracers were 15k

1 Like

that would be interesting!!! i’m already confused why bg’s are not cross faction, or at least going up against your own faction or the other. i know we have merc, but thats still not enough having to refresh it every hour from hubs only. plus, not everyone mercs.

i have no idea what this means, but on top of the other systems there seems to be in SL, it doesn’t sound like something i will look forward to! :frowning:

again, thank you all for keeping this going, especially now that blizzard seem to have abandoned properly fixing the issue thinking we’ve been placated.

2 Likes

Just check the realm forum if all topics are locked realm is dead

3 Likes

Blizz have not done enough. Only enough to make it seem like they care about the issue. If they actually did a decent job at merging realms they would lose out on that sweet sweet realm transfer money.

4 Likes