Dear balance team - consider your self-imposed principles regarding minor patches

You are effectively destroying a spec that in it’s current state is balanced in pve content. You are nerfing it to the point where it will become a dead spec. Rotations, stat priority, and covenant power will be different as a result of these changes.

You basicly give WW monks 2 weeks to consider what class they will reroll to in order to be remotely competetive for high keys. All while you are somehow buffing firemage+balance, which i would be shocked it isn’t 2/3 dps in 90% of +20 or higher keys.

While i’m not surprised you are doing this, i’m surprised at the timing. 9.0.5 was supposed to be a minor patch, focused on buffing underperforming classes.

Take a look at the state of the game in 2 weeks and ask yourself if you feel like this task is accomplished, when EVERY single high key is done by a comp of Fire mage, Balance druid, and outlaw rogue.

Ps: To all the players who thinks any class/spec is viable for high level of play, you have nothing to contribute with in this thread. “just play what you want” is not how the majority of the playerbase thinks at this point. Look at covenants. People play what is good, not what they like. You are the exception if you don’t.

This post is not about changes or fotm players, its about the timing of these changes and about blizzard sticking to their self-imposed principle regarding huge nerfs in minor patches.

11 Likes

Survival hunters and arcane mages will have a friend after the weekly reset named windwalker monk.

1 Like

They wont tho, i’ll just quit playing monk, and so will everyone who don’t enjoy tanking, and don’t enjoy a scuffed rotation that gets beaten by outlaw. MW is beyond useless, WW is about to become C tier for all content, and brewmaster is simply outvalued by other tanks, even if viable to some degree. It’s gonna be played in raids just for the debuff, that’s it.

I see no point playing monk going forward when blizzard values the class this little. I don’t understand how they could actually let something like this through without realizing they ruin 1 out of the 5 currently “viable” m+ dps specs. I just can’t get over the 3%+ buff to fire mage in the same patch. Unreal

2 Likes

Sub cancelled. Can’t even comprehend how they can walk in their clown shoes.

Either they are completely inept or unwilling to use any common sense balancing classes. I don’t really know what’s worse at this point.

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

My feelings exactly … heartbroken … After all those years and expansions where monk was unplayable (i still played it cuz i love the class) we were finally having fun and got invited to parties! now its gone … thank you blizzard …

ur dear customer that spends sh*t load of money on this game …not anymore

4 Likes

Nerf, nerf…let’s not exaggerate on the christmas cards this year, most changes were simple bug fixes. While a bug fix can be seen as a nerf, they are not quite that.

Fire mage speaking ? O_O

Not a chance, I hate Fire.

First of all, the point of this post is that ‘Bugs’ like fists of fury clipping during storm, earth & fire has been working exactly like it did, since at least warlords of draenor. That is 6 years. And they decide to ‘fix’ this ‘bug’ a week before a minor patch is released.

The fists of fury clipping was so widely known and imbedded in rotations at this point that when blizzard balanced windwalker for shadowlands, this ‘bug’ existing was inclusive in the equation.

To repeat myself, the timing here is highly inappropriate due the consequences for the spec, as well as the very limited length of available ptr testing to check for new bugs, consider balance changes and so forth.

Secondly, “nerf” is defined by oxford dictionary as

cause to be weak or ineffective.

Regardless of cause, these ‘buf fixes’ directly affected windwalkers strength in a negative manner.

Eh well, this doesn’t say too much. I have heard complains about Monk bugs since the day they were introduced. I am not surprised some have been there for years.

Sounds like a big assumption, but sure, that may be. Can also be done because they didn’t have time to fix the underlying issue first. We all know how odd the way towards the launch has been, and how many “open ends” were left after the launch.

The timing surely is odd. But again, may just have been a semi-low prio thingie which suddenly they found the time to fix for.

So that word is always an exaggeration when it comes to patch-notes? Great to have cleared that out :slight_smile: But for real, do we call the Rogue Kyrian change also a nerf then? Don’t think so. Point is, when something is bugged it was never supposed to work that way to begin with.

Sub will expire in a couple of days…so let it be…
Rerolled from demolock to WW after one month of SL to play high-end content…and now another character that over these last two months became my favourite one is nerfed to the ground :slight_smile:
Do not want to reroll to another one after putting so much efforts in terms of items,reps and, the most important, after putting my heart and soul into WW

Now this is trully the game of 3 specs

Press F to WW
Good luck to all like-minded WWs

Really baffled by this ham fisted approach to “bug fixing”

Its borderline offensive that they let so many bugs exist with WW forever and the moment that gaming them for your benefit becomes viable they suddenly get around to fixing them. Then in the course of those fixes introduce more egregious bugs on top of destroying the specs DPS without compensating in any way whatsoever.

For my part I’m happy to just change to an alt and bench the monk for an entire expansion again, but that has ramifications for my guild and the people who’ve helped me equip the character.

It’s not borderline offensive, more like actually screwing over on everyone who has invested time in a ww monk this expansion.

• be intern
  • in charge of buffing legendaries
  • wild bug has appeared
  • challenge_accepted.jpg
  • fix bug :D:D
  • new bugs appear D:
  • who cares! 1 week of testing should do! After all it only took 5 years of live testing to fix this last bug!
  • closes workstation and saves work
  • me do good job!
  • get promoted to head of class balancing
  • great success

Looked through the recent warcraft logs and I’d like to support our beloved monk community on this matter.

9.0.5 really went to far it went from a very good melee spec to bottom tier

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#

I hope they’ll fix this soon.

3 Likes

as a fotm player like yourself you should’ve seen it coming, WW has been historically a under performing spec with the exception of 7.3, you should’ve rolled a fire mage

2 Likes

I would have seen it coming with 9.1, not in a minor patch, considering they claimed they would not bring out big changes to classes in minor updates. I agree with what you’re saying, but it still doesn’t justify blizzards timing when it comes to this.

remeber when they said theyd have all covenants balanced for each class LOLOLOLOL

There is no law of nature preventing Monk from being a viable spec.

WW monk is fine.

Night fae Fist Weaver :’ )