Dear Night Elf players

You´re mistaking old lore from games that are still canon with non-canon tabletop RPG game.

No they didn´t, because the entire RPG is non-canon. It doesn´t work like canon lore, where, unless there´s new information contradicting it, it´s still canon. Any information from RPG first has to be recanonized to be considered valid.

If you want to use non-canon sources as basis for your anger directed at Blizzard or your RP, be my guest, but that doesn´t make them canon.

3 Likes

This is pretty much exactly how I feel in regards to this heritage quest line.
It just felt very, very lacking. More so like a regular, small quest chain you’d do to level up in a zone. It didn’t really have that much punch to it, and it didn’t really feel like it even showed much of the Night elves’ heritage. The armor is pretty neat though, wish we could have gotten the blue/white tint too, but… hey. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yeah, I knew the nitpicking was bait.

The questline is still worthy of some AD SW headcanon.

I could take or leave the quest being ‘eh’.

But one colour variant when two were datamined, and the glaive cosmetic is 1H swords only? Talk about an easy win being thrown for… reasons? :pensive:

15 Likes

Kick up enough of a stink and I’m sure they’ll add it to other weps.

1 Like

And Blizzard never said what age night elves received their markings. Until today. So, coming here and acting like it was obvious, is really posting in bad faith. But surely, it makes more sense for an immortal race to rush tattoos at 18 years old, and giving them the permission to drink and a driver license too.

Oh shut up Snow.

6 Likes

“I couldn´t be wrong, it´s everyone else arguing with me in bad faith.”

8 Likes

That’s where you don’t get it. I am wrong. I can’t provide a lore accurate answer to the question. I am just enjoying how you believing I am wrong, makes you right. I am still waiting a link to a young npc with tattoos prior this one.

Chop chop, I’ll add my driver license to my TRP meanwhile.

I know this might be a different concept to you (among many other people), but when you make a claim that something exists, it´s up to you to provide a proof for that claim.
So, when you made a claim that night elven cultural adulthood happens at 100 years of age, you have to provide proof for that.

On the other hand, when someone makes a claim about absence of existence of something (for example night elves not having cultural maturity age distinct from physical maturity age), it is sometimes literally impossible to provide a proof. It´s why the onus should in the end be on the person claiming X exists to provide a proof that X exists.

1 Like

No, I get that. But somehow you both make it obvious an immortal race rushes cultural adulthood (not the physical one, we agreed on it) at the same pace as humans. I can’t be convinced before this quest line, anyone reading lore on night elves can declare in good faith it happens so fast.

Also, the night elf writing has been spiraling downhill for years, while I am wrong on Blizzard stating the age of cultural adulthood, I still don’t believe I can’t criticize a rushed tattoo on a young night elf for such a very basic feat of killing a random demon. It’s new, and like the rest of the quest, is done without foresight. That’s it.

Edit: And I won’t be gaslight in believing that quest is benefiting the night elf lore anyway.

1 Like

You’re arguing with someone who gaslit and gate keeped RP in Duskwood, until they got found out and ousted.
Then they trolled RP and kept whispering people how bad they are.
Then moved to SW.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in their rambling.

3 Likes

This thread is filled with misinformation about kaldorei maturity.

The truth is that Night Elves actually never mature.

24 Likes

Source of that? /clap

1 Like

literally who cares

8 Likes

Headcanon response: Elves, having been eternal immortals for so long, never actually felt the pressure of time on their infinite lives. As such their culture is one of flittering attention spans stretched over decades. The hyperfixation of ADHD, except instead of the object of their attention lasting an hour, a day, a week, it lasts for like…70 years, at which point they get bored, move on, and immediately forget about it.

Part of this is their memories are no better than any human’s. Any individual Night Elf has likely forgotten more than that a dozen humans would ever learn in their lifetimes, which leads them to have a very standoffish and detached attitude towards things - one outsiders would view as immature and childish.

7 Likes

You, you posted. People who doesn’t care, don’t post.

May I introduce you to /nod?
Although it seems to be a feminine build problem

1 Like

We’ve taken enough punishment for one day, stop reminding us of those travesties of animation! :angry:

Yeah best to not argue with Snow, it goes nowhere aside a headache.

2 Likes