Dear Night Elf players

I’m sensing a recurring theme…

3 Likes

Inevitable greatness?

You’re welcome to keep trying! I’m sure you’ll win a war someday.

1 Like

RPG lore is better written and more coherent than what we have in 2023.
Change my mind.

Most of it is cool.

Some of it however!!!

The most of it that is cool was later re-canonised into WoW through one means or another. RPG lore might seem better written through the lenses of a TTRPG mindset because they were ripping so much stuff out of D&D3.5e that they legitimately broke the lore sometimes.

Making a [le blizzard bad storyline current year nothingburger comment] is pretty silly when considering that a lot of the Warcraft/WoW RPG concepts are being canonized or pseudo-canonized a lot in these last few years compared to the years before and during the WoW RPG; and as a matter of fact, might even be the root of plenty a thing that people to this day criticize in official storylines and roleplay.

Ever seen a [faction A race] but a vehemently [faction B] member and found a problem to the point of invoking ‘ye olden days’? Thank the Warcraft RPG, of which one of the first stories in its sourcebooks was an Alliance-aligned Tauren being assassinated by a Horde-aligned Human and this being treated as an actually fairly common thing.

You ever had a problem with the whole ‘untrustworthy POV storyteller’ drivel some modern lorebooks have to keep the lore as vaguely retconnable as possible? Thank the Warcraft RPG for that, which had an entire book told from the point of view of Brann Bronzebeard nearly a year before World of Warcraft released, only to be massively retconned by WoW and then the WoW RPG, but not entirely, but sort of, but also yes, but also no, but also maybe.

If the Warcraft RPG and the WoW RPG, with their flaws, great inconsistencies, and vast Schrodinger’s Retcons were released today, we’d be badmouthing it so intensely it might just make the community reviews of Before the Storm and the Exploring Kalimdor + E.K. books seem flattering.

6 Likes

My personal favorite pieces of lore in RPG books are half-elf daughter of Daelin Proudmoor and the fact that there are more high elves in Stormwind City than orcs in all of Durotar (including Orgrimmar). For anyone wondering, the population of Stormwind was 200k in RPG, with high elves making up 27k. Meanwhile, Durotar had population of 40k and something over half of that were orcs.
And we can´t forget the honorable mention of 8000 half-elves in Stormwind.

1 Like

Lets not forget that there were more dwarves in the Stormwind dwarven district than in Ironforge.

1 Like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5ez1ZhbkAAt75m?format=png&name=small

1 Like

hyjal 2.0 boogaloo except instead of protecting kalimdor it’s about getting to move off of kalimdor

4 Likes

Sooo, the new faction in Amirdrassil is called the Dream Wardens.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragon-isles-pathfinder-coming-with-patch-10-2-regular-flying-in-the-dragon-334926

Guess Amirdrassil won’t be the night elven capital then.

Not in 10.2 at least.

I doubt they’ll remove a neutral faction so the night elves can move in :thinking:

But you’re right, who knows!

I might have misunderstood something, but 10.2 Amirdrassil is still firmly rooted inside the dream, right? I think the idea is for the tree to eventually cross over into Azeroth, at which point I don’t see a problem with the kaldorei taking over stewardship of the tree.

5 Likes

What do you mean a racial capital??? That’s what Stormwind is for, silly-billy!

(Any goblin players in the audience? :smiling_imp::upside_down_face:)

13 Likes

Yeah, it definitely feels like the intent is for them to move in when it pops out of the Dream.

1 Like

I swear I will throw a hissy fit if the Night Elves are moved off Kalimdor, they have perfectly viable locations for a new Capital as is. And if they’d turn Amirdrassil, a neutral area/raid, into their new capital why wouldn’t they be able to do the same with Mt. Hyjal and Nordrassil?

Hell, Felwood could be cleansed and made into a new capital if they really want to

And if it moves into Azeroth, I hope they’ll replace Nordrassil with it, and not just stick it on the remains of Teldrassil :weary:

2 Likes

Cuz Hyjal is an old ooold oooooold zone <.>

Lol I still consider hyjal a new zone… BECAUSE IM OLD

3 Likes

I mean. Conspicuously spacious, isn’t it?

3 Likes