Death Knights and New Races

So…

I’ve had a death knight main since WotLK. And Blizzard is saying my class can never be any other race? :frowning:

Not unless the lich king wishes .

4 Likes

Really is a shame. A void elf death knight would be cool.

1 Like

Void elf , Lightforged Draenei death knight all sound good as death knights

We already have trolls paladin, please show some respect to what’s left of this game.

4 Likes

What do you mean

1 Like

What is wrong with troll paladins

Just give me Zandalari DeathKnights and I’ll be happy

nothing, prelates exist in the game since vanilla

1 Like

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, NOT THIS STUPIDITY AGAIN…!

Playable Death Knights are a Hero Class - A special class with a storied creation. The only reason that we have playable Death Knights is because of a set of special circumstances.

All playable Death Knights are created at the same chronological point in WoW’s timeline. They are made up of races available tonthe Scourge at that moment in time.

All Vanilla Races + Worgen and Goblins were the only ones available. No Pandaren population was in contact with the Scourge. Non of the Allied Races had contact with the Scourge either. This could be due to;

• Not being on the same Planet as the Scourge
  • Not being on the same Continent with any Scourge Activity
  • Not being far North enough in the Eastern Kingdoms, or not venturing out from the Dark Iron Holds to interact with the Scourge
  • Not existing yet

The Death Knight Races we have are what we are going to get. Live with it. I’ve jumped from Tauren, to Orc, to Troll, to Human, Night Elf and Dwarf. All are great races and I love each one. I’ve an Alliance Worgen DK at the moment and all that annoys me is finding a decent transmog and that’s all.

We do not need more races.

8 Likes

This is so easy to explain or retcon, it’s comical. Is this really the best excuse you have? Blizzard pulled out worse stuff than this.

Excuse? It’s the reason why there are no more Death Knight Race combinations. It isn’t a case of “oh it will work as long as you ignore everything and just crowbar completely impossible stuff in”. The Death Knights of Acherus are what every playable Death Knight is part of. Their story. What happened at that time.

Adding anything else would be like adding Yrel to the Lich King fight back in WotLK.

The introduction of all races after WotlK have already been established. Literally in the game. Whole expansions worth and storylines with quests and cutscenes and player actions showcasing their introductions and interactions with the Horde/Alliance from then on!

Mate, do you remember that player Hyneken, the Tauren Death Knight? That’s me. This is my BFA alt (cos I didn’t fancy tanking and Frost sucks…). I would love for there to be new Races for Death Knights, but there is no way for them to be added without the caviat “break the game first”.

I agree with that. However, the new races could simply get their own storyline/intro quests. The Ebon Blade were raising new DKs during Legion after all.

/Highfive

If there are not going to be any new races, then DKs should at least get more customization as a compensation in my opinion.

1 Like

But not to the same quality as those who fought at Light’s Hope Chapel, sadly. Those Death Knights, the special Player-created Characters, are unique because of that storyline.

All subsequent Death Knights are weaker and/or subservient to the Death Lord and the Lich King Bolvar. Player Death Knights are stronger and also have full autonomy.

Currently an Orc Death Knight on Horde. Worgen Death Knight on Alliance, rather annoyed by my Worgen atm. Might change to Night Elf on that lad.

At least give the Death Knight Specs some love against their overbearing problems! Frost, for example! What customisations were you wanting though? Apart from 2H for Frost I can’t think of much else. Maybe you mean cosmetics?

Yes. More cosmetic customization.

1 Like

making more races available to DKs is just opening a can of worms

i, for one, am glad they stood their ground on the belf/nelf only DH

would i like to be a zandalari or maghar DK? maybe, but since the upright orcs i am happy as an orc

void and undeath dont mix, the void (lords?) have some kind of problem with undeath as seen with sylvanas sister comic.
the light just kills undeath, so yeah…
so void elfs and lightforged are out of question.

the others could be added with some random lame excuse but i honestly prefer they stick with the class/race combo limitation, it just dilutes uniqueness.

i prefer the exceptions like zeliek and whitemane for example to be special cases to highlight their amazing connection to the light in life that it transcends to their undeath

1 Like

They could introduce new special starting zone for allied races death knights. This could be related to the story of their Order Hall raising new recruits.

4 Likes

Dark iron dwarves dk, you can meet one in the game, i dont see anything bad if after unlocking heritage armor you can create atleast dark iron dwarf dk. Also maghar, some of them left outland in bc, before wotlk, in wotlk you are recently created dk

Dark Iron Dwarves are the most likely to be Death Knights but again, they can’t because they never participated in the Scourge War in high enough numbers.

The Mag’har Orcs that we players can use as our character’s race are not from Outland. They never had contact with the Lich King and technically didn’t exist until Garrosh created an alternate timeline in alternate draenor.

I will add though that, again, even the Outland Mag’har never fought the Lich King in large enough numbers. Orgrimmar Orcs did, byt they are different to Outland Mag’hars in more ways than just skin tone.

In gameplay part there would be no difference between outland and altd maghars, and there would be no change in voice lines, they didnt even change it for zandalari in zandalar, npc still call you a “guest”, and its not like every maghar and didwarf you meet will be dk.
And dark iron dwarfs can and atleast theres one already dk, you can meet her in island expidition, if you are horde, or meet her in boralus port