Death Knights for All Races Preview

Misunderstandings can happen :slight_smile:

How little did NB have?

I mean the males have 3 skin colours, like 7 faces (three of which are basically the same) and 6 hair styles and hair colours. They had LESS? Jesus Christ.

Same for HMT. Less than 4 skin colours? I mean HMT really got the bargin bin. People complain about LFD but they have various tattoo styles, hair colours, facial hair. Cows have 4 faces, 4 skin tones, 4/5 beard, many of their horn styles look the same just with feathers or not and they can pick ONE tattoo style.

Then you look at Zandalari and Vulpera with their multitude of options. Vulpera have like what, 12 skin colours and 16 ear styles? Alongside 7 faces and snout styles? I wonder when the OG allied races will get their love (and Male nightborne their faces redone)

They literally had no accessories like earrings and ear adornments. Only that was added.

HM were missing some facial hair options.

So yeah, even after the hotfixes, the NB and the HM have horrible and embarrassingly pathetic customization. Even a small indie company could have done a better job with them.

Now imagine in Shadowlands when the original races get like 30+ new customization options. NB, HM and LF will literally look like a joke.

Because DK have flavour passives. Older races have Veteran of the Third War and new ones will have Veteran of the Fourth War.

To Avoid creating “Veteran of Third and Fourth War” passive they had to seperate us! Name clearly states when you died :rofl:

Ehhh, just goes to show what a little effort does.

I don’t think one person when questing in Suramar thought that the Nightborne were trash or uncool. I mean I don’t really like WoW elves,but I loved doing that, they had this cool intrigue, they looked nice and had the whole “vaguely European aristocrat” vibe going for them with the fancy buildings, nobles houses, wine smuggling and clandestine rebellions. It was like assassin’s creed met WoW.

Then we got the models and I swear never has such enthusiasm took such a hit. It is purely down to the rush on the model alone that more people don’t play Nightborne i’d wager. They went from these snobby erudite looking elves with the whole permanently furrowed brows and slanted eyes, the big foreheads to wide-eyed grimacing wierdos. how?

2 Likes

Pretty much. No one can tell me that NB, HM and LF weren’t a rushed job. Not only were they not testable on the PTR like the AR and Pandaren DKs aren’t, but they never received any improvements after the initial hotfixes. Makes me pretty worried about the AR DKs. If they can’t bother to give ARs 3 lousy DK skin and hair color options, then that’s really pathetic…

1 Like

Agreed. And with SL custom options coming…seems a bit of a weird flex by blizz to have an expo getting people excited about ARs and then the next expo to give all the OG races beautiful new options to make them more exiciting, new and cool. Why? Why not give the ARs some too? I’m hoping they backpedal on this and do give them some love because player customisation of character is a very important thing in WoW, and it’s very easy to get right if you just give a little effort. I mean look at all the praise just for allowing people to actually “play” as wildhammer dwarves or sandfury trolls? Imagine if they have nightborne tweaks, or LFD more skin tones, HMT more skins, it’d be an easy win.

But nobody likes playing the old lookers. I used to play my pandaren a lot, they were my mains. It worked and I still love them, but then gobbos and worgen got their hotfix, and suddenly when you’re obviously now looking super dated compared to everyone else, it feels bad.

That is exactly how everyone playing the ARs (after grinding their backsides off for them) will feel in SL if they get no new toys. I mean look at the forsaken faces in the wowhead images, these goes beyond “options”, they’ve clearly tuned them up in general as well. Not quite WoD but it’s pretty clear they’re “polishing them up”. ARs (especially legion ones) will look pants straight after working for them!

I am curious as to what treatment pandas will receive. It may be where they get their “model update” in terms of little tweaks, because they don’t need huge work.

Thanks for pointing this out.
I was very confused as to why he was angry since obviously an allied race needs to be unlocked XD

It’s because Allied Races were a huge mistake in the first place. Most of them could have been an extra customization for the OG races.

For instance, we are getting the Wildhammer style customization for the core dwarves, while the Dark Iron are their own allied race, despite the Wildhammer being their own distinct clan as well. So what’s the excuse for that? Same could be said for the HM, LF, Mag’har etc.

So now those ARs are gonna rot because the OG races need some love and time in the spotlight. The short-sightedness these devs have is frankly shocking and a little more than worrying.

And just to clarify, I am not typing this because I hate Blizzard. I am typing this because I know that they can do a lot better than this, but chose not to, because they’re either out of touch or want to do as little work as possible and still get the money. In short: They need to get their act straight already.

2 Likes

It is strange the differences.
I would say Void Elf, Nightborne, KT, and Vulpera are the ones that doesn’t fall nicely into customisation options.

Void Elves do, but the rest don’t, I agree. Hell, you can see the difference in quality between the first 6 allied races and the last four. Zandalari, KT, Junkgnomes and vulpera have their own unique emotes and dance, while the others don’t. That’s plain disgusting. The new allied races make the old ones look like a lazy, rushed job even more.

I honestly predict a sharp decline in the old allied race representation on lvl 60 in Shadowlands, once all the other races get cool new and superior customization. Not only do you need to work for those races, but they also look worse and have the worse customization? Yeah, people are gonna be upset about it.

1 Like

I would disagree. Velf do have quite a bit of customisation. Oddly, for a race where their face isn’t the most defining feature (because of everything else going on like facial hair, whacky glowy hair) they have a significant mass of face options (many of which are difficult to tell the difference between mind), still, it’s options. Velf have 8 or so hair colours, about the same or more hair styles. Males have around 8-12 beard options (with options belf lack) despite a pretty meh palette, they still manage to have 6-7 skin colour tones (looks at nightborne and HMT with dismay). Females have more face choices than males and several earrin selections, even if they are small. Compared to the LFD, HMt and NB, velf have a lot of custom options to play with. They’re about on par with the newer ARs, sans the dance.

KTs don’t have the most, but they still have more options than many other ARs through beards, hair styles, faces, skin tones etc. That’s right folks, the human race has MORE skin tone selections than the race with fur (HMT) where we see variations that range all the way from white to black, brown ,grey, blueish, reddish etc. How is that even possible?

Vulpera despite lacking hair, have tons of options to make up for it. Plenty of faces, plenty of ear styles, both with and without earrings, tattoos, lots of skin colours, snout sizes. Vulpera are a good example of options to offer a race “without hair” as recompense. HMT are an obvious comparison and easily lacking in comparison.

So, can we finally have Tuskarr Death Knights with patch 8.3?

I think he meant that the VE fall into actual race option rather than just an extra set of customization like the NB, HM and LF. Which isn’t true, because they’re just blood elves with different customization, but still.

I would play a Tuskarr or Tortollan in a heartbeat.

Pandaren model, sorted.

Bestial “non-bad boy” races I for some reason really like. The ones that don’t take themselves seriously or try to be tough, or fierce, or strong. They just are, and just happen to be bestial. It’s cool.

Tuskarr, Tortollans, Pandaren, Hozen (to some extent) are cool bois I would love to play as. Tortallan monk is my absolute dream. I’m a sad case who has even hypothesised potential racials for them just because.

2 Likes

Why are blue posts no longer sticked since our lady left recently ?

You do get them for owning shadowlands, if you have not done the pre-order you wont get the DK’s
But you have to unlock them anyway

1 Like

Too bad they’ll take 6 weeks of farming essences at max level to be any good. Hard to get hyped when there are so many barriers.

Or is the intention really for £££race change£££

1 Like

No essence takes 6 weeks to farm (unless you’re counting rank 4). The most any take is 4 weeks and that’s only due to stuff like Mechagon gating or island expo gating.

The new essences however, available in current content, will be good picks for many, especially dps. The DPS essences have tremendous synergy with eachother. The “basic one” you get just for doing the patch content is a low cd nuke, with dmg proc. The horrific visions one has a passive (put it as minor) that causes your skills to make your active azrite ability lower the cd and give you haste, with a low cd nuke, that’s sizable damage every 25-30 seconds or so or better still based on proc rates.

Crucible is EZ mode, so there’s your 3rd. You need to grind “old content” (unless you pick island expos as they’re gonna be current in 8.3, alongside the essence getting a heck of a buff) for the 4th, but you won’t need a 4th unless you’re at hoa 75, which requires playing the game anyway. So essences aren’t potentially the roadblock here for new chars, it will be the hoa levels first as getting to 75 will be a fair old slog if you’re starting from 35. The ssences not so much (the rep ones are pretty much all being halved in their acquisition speed which means u can get them in just shy of 3 weeks if not quicker).

I think having a character “good to go” for mythics at base or just above base level within 3 weeks of hitting max level isn’t that bad. I mean you can of course run mythics with only 1-2 essences. Having a char ready for “proper” raiding and mythics within 3 weeks or so of hitting 120 is pretty decent.

Death Knights for previously available races will still begin their new lives in Archerus the Ebon Hold as summoned servants of Lich King Arthas.

ARCHERUS???
What is Archerus the Ebon Hold? Are we the second Bow welding class now? :bow_and_arrow:

Blizzard can’t spell Acherus correctly?!?! :rage:
Its like Blizzard don’t even play Deathknights. :crazy_face: :rofl:

Correct spelling is Acherus: The Ebon Hold
Heck the Deathknight discord is even called Acherus!

3 Likes