Death Knights for All Races Preview

Is it really that surprising? they even make us pre-order a new expansion just to play allied races, an expansion AFTER the one that was meant to bring allied races that is.

Here you go, blues! Now you can pin this post up where it belongs!

1 Like

This is slightly off topic but; will there be a thread in future for another Q&A? I have some questions which were not answered at all (not a single one of them) in last Q&A in BlizzCon. If you have info about this I’d like to know so I could post these questions there. :smile:

It could be worse… at least they don’t misspell Rogue incorrectly like some portion of player base still do (even in 2020 now, LOL.)

I don’t really care about AR Death Knights because of the state of the class atm. I barely got my DK to max level with Korrak’s Revenge, and that character has been my main since Wrath.

That Vulpera DK looks quite good tough, sort of a mix breed of snow fox and Loque’nahak :fox_face: :tiger:

Conflict and strife?

Week 1 - requires a week of CP grinding
Week 2 - Week to get CP & 1000 rating
Weeks 3-7 - You’ll probably not grind to 1600 on alts, so probably will get the 3 per week, farming CP to 500 on your alt every week until you get 15.

Essence of focusing Iris

Week 1 - m+4 and cache for R1
Week 2 - m+7 and cache for R2
Weeks 3-5 - Assuming you do a +10, another 3 weeks for R3

You’re also unlikely to farm the requirements for all useful essences for your alts every week. You will fall behind on some of the timegated essences and probably won’t finish in 6 weeks. They take too long,end of.

Pandarens Death Knight shoud be avaible from Wod when they was first time introduced.

Conflict and Strifes and Blood of the Enemy are the only ones where the grind will take closer to 6 weeks, but it varies depending on effort.

Your mythic info for essence re: lens is wrong. You obtain the essence in the end of dungeon chest, not the weekly cache, so you can obtain the first two ranks and your anima blood stuff for r3 all in week 1 (and it’s not too unrealistic to do that because I did it on my shammy on his first week of mythic, as well as getting a +10) .

Lens takes 3 weeks if you take time to gear up a bit prior.

Some essences culd do with being shorter, but the idea that an alt is unplayable until 6 weeks have passed is patently false. My shaman has this week looted his fourth weekly mythic chest since hitting 120, is sitting on 434 ilevel/432 offspec (diff azerite pieces) and has 3 epic essence slots for both specs.
I mean if you want to absolutely min max then sure, it can take longer, he doesn’t have BoTE yet, not is worldvein resonance completed, so my essence choices are quicker ones (Ever rising tide, Lucid, Mythic+) but playing has been entirely possible with him in this state, regularly healing 12-13 keys with no issues. I guess it’s different if you’re trying for like proper high keys like 20, if you meant that, then fair enough.

The Q&A threads don’t go up until they are close to new Q&A session. Information may come out in the mean time to answer your question or you’ll have to make sure you’ve noted them down, ready to wheel out at the appropriate time :wink:

All I can say is yay! The allied races can all be DK and if you are looking for the heritage armor sets, you are now able to shave off 35 levels of leveling times to get to 110. Nice!

Because pandaren ain’t an allied race.

Does this mean with the Allied races, that we also start at, what was it, lvl 57 or so? Do we still get the Allied race heritage armor when reaching 110?

Yes you will get the heritage even if you level a DK, they confirmed that.

All new Death Knight characters will receive the iconic Acherus Deathcharger class mount after completing the introductory questline, with Allied Race Death Knights also receiving their racial mount (pandaren racial mounts will still need to be purchased from a vendor). Heritage Armor for Allied Races characters can be obtained by leveling to 110.

Once the new expansion comes out the starting level will change.

not happy about it really, the main thing I liked about Pandaren was that they were pure from corruption upon the other races discovering them in their lands, now they are tainted with the DK curse of undeath, doesn’t really fit the lore…

Seriously, delete pandas plz.

1 Like

About damn time, ever since they released the first few allied races, i was pretty upset i couldn’t make a void elf DK … Looks like that dream finally comes true.
I also haven’t touched DK in years so i’m very excited to see the changes to that class.

I actually have them noted down already since I posted them first time in BlizzCon Q&A thread, I can’t wait for the next Q&A session. Thanks for the reply though. :smile:

1 Like

i wish you could do the new quests withought having a stooped panda

pandas are a trash char

1 Like

Even with the blog put up i still can’t make a Pandaren or allied race DK even with the expansion pack brought, Unless I’m reading it wrong and i gotta wait til expansion is out.