Death of Matthias Shaw and Flynn Fairwind

When I read title , I was imagining they got ride both of them , like they did with so many characters : out of screens .

3 Likes

I’m really not bothered, I just like to play and don’t care much about the story. Overwatch has plenty of ‘gay reveals’, but again I didn’t care because then I only wanted to play the characters, not their lore.

Just like some random on the street, I could care less who they sleep with.

P.S. wasn’t Flynn the annoying drunk you had to guide around in circles while he forced you to follow after him through large groups of trash mobs? Annoying NPC.

2 Likes

So you’re playing a female dwarf and you were a beard?

:thinking:

The joke here being that women who accompany gay guys who are only with a woman to hide the fact that they are gay are called beards.
Not that you were literally made of hair and attached to a man’s face.
As well as the old joke that female dwarves have beards which is often attributed to Tolkien’s adaptation of dwarves where both the males and the females of the species had beards.
And now that I’ve explained the joke in its entirety my post is kind of pointless, disregard everything you just read and have a nice day.

5 Likes

Bisexuality says hello.

9 Likes

That because they were never writhen as gay characters. Shaw was always “the man on mission” type and Flynn was portraid as having a crush on Taelia Fordragon, their interactions were more of a pissing contest of whos rogue spec was better. That however changed after there was a huge outcry/meme from parts of the comunity that they were gay, so Blizzard started to change them, first by saying that Flynn is Bi and then with Shadows rising completly going all the way. Dont get me wrong im not against gay relationships, but i do not like romantic relashionships beeing so much of a focus in WoW be it in-game or books, and especially if they feel forced.

5 Likes

I’m not a big fan of the Shaw/Flynn ship, they felt more like a bromance/banter than anything leading to a relationship. It feels forced, out of nowhere.

So it is very much a “Dumbledore is gay” vibe compared to the quest text from the gay couple in Ardenweald.

10 Likes

Which I guess you could say is the biggest hypocrisy, since they are more than willing to do this in parts of the world where it will be lapped up, but will disavow when it comes to China and other less savory places.

Makes you wonder why no one else is bothered about this.

2 Likes

love stories like the one of arthas and jaina or tyrande and malfurion/illidan are awesome. they produce lots of interesting lore and thus lots of content for the players. forced gay (or any) love story like shaw and flynn are completly irrelevant and just there to please some SJWs. sad they have to ruin characters for that instead of inventing new original ones

1 Like

one day, one day people will actually realise bi people exist.
today is not that day.

according to the cancelled Warcraft adventures game Dwarf women had beards

just
 prepare yourself

1 Like

Yea
 I’m sorry, this just reeks of biggotry and homophobia.

I honestly couldn’t care less about who’s in love with who in this game, be it Arthas and Jaina or Shaw and flynn. I’m here to enjoy a game and relax for a while, in a game. Any lovestory simply pass me by as a side note.

Not like they were that interesting to begin with really.

1 Like

Inb4 someone says that «bIsExuAls ArE nOt ReAl!!»

1 Like

If I hear someone say bisexuals are just confused homosexual or heterosexual people again I’m quite likely to literally explode

1 Like

Bisexuals are just confused homosexuals or heterosexuals.

3 Likes

What a hot and radical take from a forum dweller on WoW, every single bisexual in the world just got cured! (This wasnt aimed at you Velharia, but the people who diminish bisexuals, just wanted to make that clear)

For real though, representation is not a bad thing. Just because a couple of non-straight characters exist, doesn’t mean that all the straight characters will suddenly be replaced.

2 Likes

this is just another point to add to the list of “why we should lock all Void Elves up”

1 Like

Ehm past expiriences have proven this to be what happens, take a look at marvel comics 2014-2019.

Ew
 Prefer my dwarf ladies without beards

Glad it’s not part of Warcraft canon (any more I guess). Always struck me as odd :man_shrugging:

From what i can see you didnt explode, oh well.

Oooh i know, Blood elves are not real horde.

1 Like

yeah, w/e you are trying to accuse. i‘m all in for a homosexual lovestory in the game. just make it a good one/relevant one to the lore and story we are experiencing in the game and not just for the sake of existance. i was mentioning those examples because they are a big part of the games lore, not because they are heteros

2 Likes

The part “they seem” in your reply is the key. They are still trying to look cautious about such things by saying “We like to keep such things subtle” one of the lore guys said this, I don’t remember his name. They don’t go full woke mode like stupid corparates do but still they do this wrong, this is not a good way to handle gay stuff in my opinion. They acted impatient about this without a proper setup.

This has been the new meta recently, just splatter a few gay characters into every movie/story.

This has nothing to do with spreading hate or intolerance. I as a WoW player since 2005 expressed my opinion on how this sudden change made the characters less appealing for me.

Gotcha! :smile:

Because not knowing the truth makes them feel better. Ignorance is bliss (sometimes). They feel better by believing that Activision Blizzard is the greatest supporter of their gay relationships, how naive.

Thank you for doing it for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: