Death strike 2k heal pvp good one

Good one death strike heals for nothing while rets heal full with x1 glory, blizz joke here :smiley:

5 Likes

Whatā€™s worse is that WoG can be cast on others and doesnā€™t require the Paladin to hit someone in melee range, while DS requires us to hit people in melee range and can only be used on self.

Our main source of self-sustain is currently almost useless and feels terrible to press, especially considering its RP cost. It needs a serious buff.

8 Likes

there are alot of poor things for DKs in pvp, death strike is just one of the list :frowning:

3 Likes

its not 2k heal mateā€¦ dont be dramaticā€¦ scales with ure hp and scales with the dmg u took b4 using ds . u also need to play the ds conduit that ads 1% base heal on itā€¦ i healed 11k with ds in arena one after another

Forget about DS untill u get heavily tunneled and healed to help ur heal PUMP u up - then u can use it, otherwise its useless. Its not sustained healing ability anymore. Its just wasting of GCD and RP.

Thatā€™s literally impossible unless youā€™ve taken at least 55k damage in the last 5 seconds. Unless you mean you did 5.5k heal with one DS and used two of them back to back. Then youā€™d have taken 27.5k damage. 11k for 90 Runic Power when other self-healing classes can heal double that amount or more in the similar timeframe and on top of that donā€™t require melee range AND can heal others? Thatā€™s pretty bad.

Death Strike is objectively bad. Ask every pro DK and theyā€™ll tell you the same. 1% conduit is a joke, and it only affects the minimum heal, so itā€™s 6% instead of 5% of maximum health. Thatā€™s ~2.5k heal on 45k health. Even if it raised the minimum heal to 5%, that conduit would still be a major insult. We shouldnā€™t need to get some borrowed power to fix the nerf thatā€™s been done to the ability. It should be reverted and the conduit removed.

1 Like

yeah it should heal bit moreā€¦

Itā€™s nerfed in pvp the number is not what it says, still rets do glory full hp.

The root of DS problem is that blizzard for some reason did not make in to account the HP scaling abilities when they lvl squished us. Death strike was nerfed in BFA because with 500k average health pool 10%/40% was A LOT. and even nerfed (5%/20%) the ablity remained very good and in our core survivabilty . Now we have 40-45k hp and those 5%/20% death strikes feel like a waste of a global. Considering the absurdly low amount of haste dks run in arenaā€¦ that runic power we gain in such a long timeā€¦ spend for 2-3 deathstrikes. It feels very bad. And another poblem is dks have very weak defensives. And death strike used to balance thatā€¦ But now we cant rely on it. Even against magic dmgā€¦ almost all the magic dmg classes in arena can eat our AMS in single spell. All we have is 2min cd zone. Physical classes simply demolish us.
Id be fine if this healing remains at those % but they reduce the runic power cost down to 15-20. Or give us baseline Transfusion.
Or simply unnerf the ability in pvp.
Or buff our defensives.
Or even betterā€¦ just buff our damage. Specially unholy.

Same HP scaling issue is with necrotic strike. WIth the recent buff its usable butā€¦ again nowhere near as strong as it was. I think 2-3% more (10%) would make it fair for the current hp pools and damage outputs.

3 Likes

The guy is a troll, dont bother.

Healed 11k with DS? I bet it is 1.1k

1 Like

The issues is not with palliesā€¦ they were s**t for so many expansions and tend to perform well only on the first season.

The issue is the Systematic NERF of DKs, especially frostā€¦ The list is so longā€¦

I have mained the Frost DK since WotLK and was too OP till the end of MoP, sure.
Then they decided to remove the 2H (even if we all knew that dual wielding has much higher DPS), WHY??? Where is the need to fight your own players???

Then they removed the Blood/Frost/Unholy Presence switchingā€¦ I love to be able to switch presences when neededā€¦ There goes one of our main Defensiveā€¦

Ok we got Death Advance savings us to go below 70% speed but then come Locks that can slow us down below that?? FFS

We can heal using Lichborneā€¦ well on a 2 mn CD and rather not that muchā€¦

We got back our 2H backā€¦ yeahā€¦ but Obliterate no longer hits hard (even arguably with all CD and obliterate build) as compared to Templarā€™s Verdict for instanceā€¦

How about the passive 20% mounted speed increase for the us and the team?

How about we do frost damage but donā€™t slow enemy? does that even make senseā€¦ We use to be able to freeze the whole team with one globalā€¦ where did it go? To me one of the biggest nerfā€¦

How about the nerf to Howling Blast that has no damage beside with Rime (and not really that much)

How about the nerf to the Death Grip? How about the Nerf on our shell (just pathetic, we used to be safe from magic more or less its whole durationā€¦)

I have been waiting 4 years to pvp with my mainā€¦ 4 yearsā€¦ That season did it, after more than 10 years my pally has became my pvp mainā€¦ A Pally, for a DK, the ennemyā€¦ lol

We got ChillStreakā€¦ well not part of our core rotation and why we leveled our dk. Furthermore using it properly is far not easy.

To be honest Frost has been nerfed 3 expansion in a row. Take back your Killing Machine Frost Damage and give us back the good old fashion hard hitting Obliterate. Give us back a way to defend ourselves with Deathstrike being relevant again (get rid of sacrificial pact or death pactā€¦), using Blood presence (Warr got their Def Stances, Droods got bear form, pallies bubbles, so does monks), making our shells last more than 2 seconds (the legendary extending its longevity is a proof you donā€™t even test your own gameā€¦ why would anyone use it???), making our frost damage actual frost (and slowing the enemy)ā€¦ So many things I may have forgotten but writing with my heart there, on emotionsā€¦

6 Likes

There are countless of us out there brother, all these grievances and memories how haveing played the spec and class for 11+ years, dont think for a second that any gaslighting or oppression in attempting to get you to doubt yourself, people that are tired of it all, cant be bothered to try to articulate their points or reasons why the class and spec feels like literal dodo for years now, and when they try they do it in passionate and emotional arguments that often are fueled by all this suffering and memories, that legit concerns that may exist within these points get overshadowed by the anger and on so doing, you get the smug people on you, nitpicking, not playing the ā€œrightā€ way (personally i hate that statement, while it holds water if such a focus is in the game now why not just remove all talents, make everything one choice, on rails, raidlogging/arenalogging, tanks got 1 ability, its called tank, grabs aggro on surrounding mobs, healer got one ability, its called heal, it heals, dps presses the damage button, target takes damag, excellent, we saved wow.

im getting off on a tangent but my initial point was people pushing you down becaue of many reasons, they have not played the class as long as us and dont even know how the old Dk was like etc etc, and/or they are rerollers from a few years back etc etc, while they may have game knowledge itā€™s a sanitizied non passion knowledge for the class, they just play it, replace Dk withā€¦ rogue, and they would be the same (many, not all mind you) and while many Dk mians have already switched becauuse things are indeed NOT okay, it is also part of the problem. no one is left of the old guard, no one to voice concerns (and even if they did certain other forms of social media might just not listen and silence them, like a certain chaos application, you know the one) and in the stellar logic, the class is fine, because all ā€œwhinersā€ know nothing, just emotional whiners that should be silenced etc etc.

even though blame can be directed anywhere it is in essence activion blizzardā€™s fault, all of it, downsizing etc etc, record breaking profitsā€¦ and to celebrate that they fire people, have oneoverworked guy hating half the classes doing all classes, same with PvP, one guy, and he also hates some classes or does not care.

Itā€™s over, the moment the old guard that left blizzard has their new games from their studios done iā€™ll be gone from this homogenized soulless wreck.

4 Likes

The entire class is a massive joke and has been since shadowlands launched.

3 Likes

Class is fine, its not a 1v1 spec
In 3s frost is very good, tanky, good setup, good burst, put more time into the class and l2p :sweat_smile:

guys reroll to rouges mages they will be meta until this game will be shotdown

1 Like

the presence of a healer or anyone else covering your behind is not being tanky, our burst is directly related to enabling our partners (in this case monk, due to leg sweep or any other stun that helps the cursed chill streak)

i have 11+ years on this class and spec, you tried it in legion and no doubt found the boS and CS gameplay riveting, come back one WoTLK classic comes out and you can see what they took from us.

1 Like

Which is why ur 1900 in 2s right?

1 Like

Only 1 decision reroll to chadadin and take WoG from 20% to 100% in 1 GCD. DK have weak self-sustain and nothing against phys damage. Playing FDK is pretty uncomfortable, u feels like undefended.

1 Like

I dont really play 2s since im focussing on 3s :slight_smile: