Decor Storage Limit

I’ve made several posts about the decor storage limit on both the US and EU forums. Unfortunately, only a handful of people have replied, and Blizzard has remained completely silent on whether this issue is even being considered.

I spent some time on the 12.1 PTR this week hoping for some good news… but the decor storage limit is still 7,500.

Honestly, seeing that made me lose hope.

Housing is my favorite feature in WoW, but I’ve reached the point where I can’t even collect new furniture without deleting decorations I’ve already earned. I genuinely don’t know how we’re expected to keep enjoying future Housing updates if the storage limit stays the same while more and more items keep being added.

If you’re running into the same problem, please leave a reply or give this thread a bump. Even if you haven’t reached the limit yet, you probably will eventually. The more players speak up, the more likely Blizzard is to notice that this is becoming a real issue.

6 Likes

Yesterday I claimed a plot on opposite faction to have both.. I was so shocked and disappointed when I realized that the housing level are per-faction. And in addition to the fact that I need double up on decor made me just give up on the opposite faction housing for now sadly.

Same way knowing what comes in Season 2 makes me just put housing plans on hold for now. I really wish they would just push out housing changes on their own time, not together with patches as this content is entirely separate + housing for many/most will be down prioritized on patch day, especially on new season start.

Back to the topic though; I haven’t reached this barrier yet, but I imagine I’m close. Will surely be frustrating. Maybe they should consider a different approach to decor storage. Like, once you have unlocked the item, you purchase as you place. Is a vendor really needed to refill?

Or have the storage mirror to opposite faction. Would that solve your issue possibly? Would you still reach the limit if you had one house for one faction you think?

2 Likes

Sorry, I think my original post might not have been fully clear.

The core issue for me is the 7,500 decor storage limit itself.

Both of my houses are fully decorated and finished, and both are at level 9 — just to give you an idea of how deeply I’m already invested in Housing.

The problem is that the decor storage limit applies globally across both factions and all characters. Every single item you acquire — whether from a vendor, Auction House, or boss drop — counts toward this same limit. I’m already at the point where I cannot safely buy or keep new decorations without deleting existing ones, even if I want to use them in different builds or future projects.

So even with systems like faction mirroring or different acquisition methods, the core problem would still remain.

That’s why I’m really hoping the team is considering an actual increase to the storage limit itself.

4 Likes

The amount of decor you can own should definately be upped for the next patch! And we shouldn’t have to destroy decor but be able to sell it back to vendors.

3 Likes

I understand. I just wonder if there are any possible issue with increasing storage limit, usually an advantage to be proactive and think of alternative solutions in case just upping the limit is hard to do.

This is bad yeah. I lost interest in housing due to the Day & Evening room bug where both rooms are completely missing - not unlocked. Its on their “to fix” list now tho but it has taken us since early access report to even get it on their list just now.

I have voiced my concern with the storage limit before as well, plus other bugs it has (items moving on their own) its all just a mess imo.

All in all; I just do not visit / care for housing anymore due to it all.

1 Like

The biggest issue I have encountered with housing thus far is that if you hold shift when rotating items, it tends to snap to a different starting point, making the adjustment incorrect. And the axis text seem to be entirely incorrect, at least very buggy at times. Makes it really hard to make anything symmetric

1 Like

I noticed the other day im at about 5500items in on that “hard lock” of items aswell and yea, im worried aswell since im completely hooked on getting my dream house now.

I posted this in a different thread first but I’ll add it here as well for some more traction.

This is my main issue now with housing which made me loose interest the most. The only housing I’ve done since the expansion started was when the exteriors got increased by 100, and I redid those. While I’m still around 5000ish/7500 items, I’m not inclined to buy more stuff now that I may or may not need, and then have to delete again. It’s not enough for me to build my second house with, so I’ve not even tried.

On top of that, I’ve been lvling some alts, doing delves and world stuff and get housing decor thrown at me from all areas. I now have a bank alt with a pretty full bank of housing decor that I’m refusing to learn because it takes up my storage space. I’ve lost the thrill of chasing down new decor as well. There’s no need for me to get lumber or craft anything I haven’t got yet. There’s even more new stuff coming soon.

How do we still have this cap? How is there still no news about any of this? I seriously don’t get the logic behind this whatsoever.

1 Like

Adding my voice to this topic. I am sick and tired of trying to build something, then needing to buy something. I go to the vendor to buy the item, try to learn it. I’m at the limit. I have to go back to my house, destroy 200+ items I’ve paid for, then go all the way back to the vendor. I must have wasted hundreds of thousands of gold with this ridiculous system. Why not at least implement a warning that you’re close to the limit so we don’t keep hitting it?!

3 Likes

Housing is just that. A gold and time sink.

That’s the reason I haven’t looked into crafted items this addon at all… yet. Just hoarding timber and not doing anything with it.

Currently, I can live with the situation, but with the new housing lvls, I’ll run into that problem yet again.

It would be nice if we would get some info on the Housing team before the next patch hits. At this moment the current decor storage limit is what limits creativity the most.

1 Like