Defile looks awful and covers the swirlies and other ground spells

Hey guys,

I was discussing this with some DK buddies and since Defile went mainstream we saw that the effect looks very ugly, impractical and tends to cover swirlies (such as thundering) and pools (such as sanguine) or at least make them harder to view.

My suggestion would be to add a glyph that would alter the way DnD would look like, even if Defile is chosen, maybe something similar to the glyphs for Anti Magic Shell to change the color, this resulting in green or light blue DnD effect or maybe something to make Defile more transparent.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas related to this or if you didn’t encounter this issue.

20 Likes

That is a good solution and I totally agree. Have green, blue, red as glyphs sounds good.

3 Likes

I wrote this a long time ago in my feedback :smiley:

4 Likes

Why was my post flagged and removed about defile covering boss swirlies?!

2 Likes

Because bliz seem to have a system where people vote on stuff to be removed. If you live in europe, i would contact blizard and ask why they’re infringing on your right to freedom of expression.

I made a post asking how ukraine was doing, and i (assume) a load of russian players voted it as offensive and it was removed.

And yes, defile was released in this state, clearly never been tested by anyone at blizard. Its pretty disgusting such a well funded dev can release sh1t like this, constantly. Despite their pleas, they obviously learned nothing over the past few years and we can only pray Microsoft take over soon, while there is still some player base left.

1 Like

Let’s not make this political or deviate from the original topic. Maybe it was just a mechanism that did not like a word or something.

This is actually my first post and I really do not know if the forum posts actually contribute to in game changes or if any blue man reads them.

1 Like

They do not read many forums at all. They certainly do not read the EU ones. If you are one of their sponsored streamers or a known bigshot in MDI’s. Even then it’s unlikely. They do not even read bug reports in Beta events or pre patch testing.

Defile, is just another reason for pugs in M+ to not want a UH Dk, because DK’s so popular as they were huh… -.-

2 Likes

just looked over the Acherus DK discord and searched for “defile visual” and saw that there were a decent number of people complaining about the visual not being updated or annoying. Also found out I am not allowed to advertise this post there so kind of hard to bring attention to the issue.

1 Like

Given that they have changed a lot of old visual effects (e.g. : Shockwave on the last miniboss in CoS - before the 2nd boss; the lines on the ground on the last boss in CoS etc.) I think they should clearly at least update Defile’s model if not change it altogether.

1 Like

I didn’t say anything other than a swirly I didn’t see knocked me off and I died, and the swirls in the bird boss in AA lol. Why would anyone even report that, I was literally discussing the topic :sob::sob:

1 Like

Because anything that seems anti bliz get’s censored.

Its also much cheaper than actually hiring staff to do it and provides plausible deniability.

1 Like

Or, maybe, one day, actually play their own game? If they did play their own game, this would have been noticed and fixed…

and because bliz don’t allow me to make 3 replies, because reasons:

Nah blizard’s poor use of layered coloured patterned overlays has been complained about for quite a while and was highlighted numerous times in beta testing.

Bliz just simply decided to ignore it.

Delete delete no one can see delete delete

1 Like

No visual updates, but cannot complain about the buffs. We kinda were in need for those.

I was about to make a post complaining for the same reason, defile is covering all the dangerous pools in the floor and is so annoying in some dungeons, i also think that is a good idead to make it more transparent baseline, something like DnD that we can see through

2 Likes

Just make it an aura like remorless winter :man_shrugging:t2: pala got the insta conc from blade of wrath, why do we still have to use the GCD etc to drop it down

2 Likes

I think it is fine as it is now with 2 charges. Only thing I would love to see is having some other cooldowns off GCD, such as Dark Transformation, Unholy Blight or Abom Limb.

It’s just an old mechanic, so much movement these days with swirlies, sanguine …thundering etc etc

3 Likes

yea, but having it as an aura or permanent would be overpowered since DK can pump high numbers with a good number of targets. People would just play bursting sores in fortified weeks and just pump strength and damage non stop.

1 Like

Big strong dk

1 Like